how did young Mike get to the basket with such ease?

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
They wouldn't be ready for him now.His hesi, jab step, first step is still the most lethal I've ever seen.

He was ultra athletic like Russell Westbrook, but more of a technician.His change of direction is still the most crisp.THEE master of balance.

Hang time? I haven't seen a nicca that can match it yet.Just the overall IQ, the moves he manifested mind to body, precisely executed...

Made him a natural.A muthafukkin basketball savant.That's my GOAT:to:

Plus he actually was an elite defender. Media stans and casuals wanna act like there isn't a thing called defense. Nevermind while MJ was winning scoring titles he was a 3x steals leader, had back to back seasons over 100 blocks, and won DPOY.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'm probably one of the biggest Warriors/Durant fans on this site. Jordan imo is the best and I don't even stan dude as hard as I do Kobe/Curry/Durant.

That said Jordan had Lebron/Westbrook explosiveness, Kobe/Kyrie body control, could shoot, practically invented all the hesitation moves we see today, post up game like Hakeem's, had some great court vision and was the best attacker the league has ever seen. Dude hit quite a few fadeaway threes and some deep threes in his career if you want to talk range.

How would dude not dominate today? You guys see what Jordan did to zone defenses at 40?

If dude could adapt to this, he could adapt to anything today:

It's funny, going through this thread made me go on a binge watch of Jordan videos. If you want to see what it looks like when a team can't stop someone in the biggest series of their lives:

^^ That team had absolutely no resources for stopping Jordan and you can literally see the frustration on their faces. Folks got real mad in that video.

Stylistically his game was that nice. The entertainment industry was in love with Jordan. They were attracted to him, he didn't go seeking it out. Nobody has had the explosiveness, fluidity, grace, creativity and effectiveness in one like Jordan had. There were/are some close ones, but not the same, because nobody has captivated folks the same way on the basketball court.

Besides dude probably had the best run any athlete has ever had.
1992 commercial with the Looney Tunes
1992 championship
1992 Dream Team
1992 Michael Jackson video
1993 championship

Couldn't blame Jordan for retiring after that. Probably thought he'd done it all after that year.

Last edited:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mans did his dunk from the same spot between the legs.

Just stop

Lavine isn't capable of doing that layup against the Nets.

MJ dribbled down the court and didn't even travel to do that FL dunk breh. And he casually double pumped in the air. You reaching.

Daps
No it isn’t “accurate” idiot, if you’re gonna compare players you have to give them access to everything current players have. They would’ve came up through the same systems and had the same experience, training and conditioning everybody else has currently

Then add with that, it’s legit mind boggling how much y’all overrate these trash ass defenses currently like some ground breaking shyt is going on with now with these zones bein ran.

The two finalists for mvp were almost purely offensive players who get almost all of their points from shots off screens, lay ups and fouls :mjlol:

Get the entire fukk out here with this bullshyt like anybody couldn’t eat now :russ:

I appreciate what Hou did in Game 4 & 5 though. Their switches and help D was championship level

killacal

Banned
Daps
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mans did his dunk from the same spot between the legs.

Just stop
Athleticism is just dunking off one leg from far now?:mjlol:

The league needs to recruit long jumpers huh tell me more:skip:

I always knew you were retarded but i assumed youve stepped on a court before and shot baskets which is my fault i guess:yeshrug:

Do you even know what agility is? Balance ?footwork?first step? vertical leap?:mjlol:

If laveen is who you are hanging your hat on to prove this generation is better(just cuz you want to dialogue with nikkas cuz you have no people's)... You lost:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it isn’t “accurate” idiot, if you’re gonna compare players you have to give them access to everything current players have. They would’ve came up through the same systems and had the same experience, training and conditioning everybody else has currently

Then add with that, it’s legit mind boggling how much y’all overrate these trash ass defenses currently like some ground breaking shyt is going on with now with these zones bein ran.

The two finalists for mvp were almost purely offensive players who get almost all of their points from shots off screens, lay ups and fouls :mjlol:

Get the entire fukk out here with this bullshyt like anybody couldn’t eat now :russ:

nikka you interjected a whole lot of shyt i didn’t even say and got the nerve to call someone an idiot when you can’t even read...

Where did I say Jordan wouldn’t eat in today’s league.... my response is to the dribble and go against past defenses vs today’s defenses...

Jordan even stated that a true zone D would effect his career...

If Zone Defenses Come In, Stars May Go Out

But if Kobe ate, then Jordan would’ve eaten...

Y’all nikkas man.... :pachaha:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I’m just saying young mj is easily the best athlete. Put him with young Bron or young Kobe and he’s still the best pure athlete.

We both agree.
Jordan was and is the best athlete to play basketball or probably any sport.
As he is the correct evolution and culmination of brain Trust, gameplay, size and skill to play the sport.

Basketball is the man's game and in that Jordan athletically was without peer.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Because he was a 6’6 SG/SF 200 pound hybrid freak athlete the league wasnt ready for at that time.
All that need to be said. Jordan was star that could play right now, placed in the 90s. He was just so much more advanced this his competition. So far ahead of his time

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Young mj would still be the most athletic player in the league today:francis:
Your proving his point. Even today jordan is an all time great. While most of the all stars of the 90s would be dinosuars in today's game

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again you exposed you don't know mj as a player in basic accolades to skillset.

What you just tried to dispute is a fact and you can not dispute a fact.

Art Barr

The fact is the Jordan made some all defensive squads he should have not been on.... But Stern was so enamored with the marketing side of it, he threw Jordan on some squads he didn’t deserve to be on.. Jordan early on in his career is arguably the best 2 way player ever... on the back side of his career? Not so much, and it’s completely understandable

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikka you interjected a whole lot of shyt i didn’t even say and got the nerve to call someone an idiot when you can’t even read...

Where did I say Jordan wouldn’t eat in today’s league.... my response is to the dribble and go against past defenses vs today’s defenses...

Jordan even stated that a true zone D would effect his career...

If Zone Defenses Come In, Stars May Go Out

But if Kobe ate, then Jordan would’ve eaten...

Y’all nikkas man.... :pachaha:

So what is your point here in quoting me...? You need somebody to talk to I guess because you essentially said the same thing I said.

Like it’s groundbreaking logic that somebody who came up in a different era would be affected by rules in a new era dumbass nikka that’s common sense :mjlol:

Good lookin out tho for giving me your opinion that I didn’t ask for not care about but find you a friend to talk to nikka because I’m not that

Gothboi J

All Star
Daps
Why do all these clowns parrot that “defenses then...” bullshyt like defenses now aren’t straight trash :mindblown:

nikkas couldn’t have watched the playoffs this year because there was absolutely nothing remarkable about the defense being played currently that’ll stop or even slow down a past great from doin their thing

GSW and Houston were the consensus best teams in the league and that was 7 games of terrible defense on both sides.

On top of the fact that you brain dead morons have to kno that obviously if you’re gonna compare past greats they’d have the same updated offensive philosophies, coaching, training etc... that current players have.
So basically if mike was a completely different player, he'd be better than bron?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what is your point here in quoting me...? You need somebody to talk to I guess because you essentially said the same thing I said.

Like it’s groundbreaking logic that somebody who came up in a different era would be affected by rules in a new era dumbass nikka that’s common sense :mjlol:

Good lookin out tho for giving me your opinion that I didn’t ask for not care about but find you a friend to talk to nikka because I’m not that

nikka you sound like a comic book character right about now.... You in the wrong but you still gon play it like it’s my fault on some housewife shyt.... :pachaha: