How did these "OGs" out in Cali get this fukking big?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Pushups ain't shyt for building a chest compared to bench press, flies, etc

After a while you will reach a plateau.

I didn't have a gym membership for some weeks so I did a chest workout at home.

Did over 400 pushups (different variations), chest wasn't even close to as sore as if I do a chest workout in the gym (flat, decline, incline bench press, cable flies, plate squeezes, dumbbell pullovers, machine flies, landmine press, dumbbell flies, dumbbell chest press, dips etc)
Whilst there is some truth to it, I guess genetics and muscle memory plays a huge part. I was getting flabby towards the end of 2018. I did 30-40 dips per day just using the chairs in my house since January. Along with doing HIIT in my home. Now my chest is swole like it hasn’t been in years.

No weights, no gym. :yeshrug:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
steroids ain't give that nikka arthritis per say.. it was him lifting heavy as fukk weight.
he even has it in his tailbone. Lifting helps joints. He did the juice and is telling you straight up it messed him up.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

truth2you

All Star
Daps
These nighas not getting like that from a bunch of pushups not matter how many or different styles
That's not true, I seen someone almost as big as them from doing a thousand push ups a day. The thing is, he was weak as shyt, he could barely lift over 150 pounds. He was young, so that plays a part as well, your body is flooded with growth hormones at the age of 12-25. Back then I just couldn't understand it, but once you hear what people on lockdown say, its all about high reps, and eating a lot of carbs. They just workout all day, and eat ramen noodles, plus a whole bunch of junk food. They they get a lot of rest which means most of the food they eat will go into building up the muscle. People in the streets don't get as much rest, so the little carbs they eat is used up as energy for the body t move, and stay awoke.

Your size comes from how much you eat, not how heavy the weight is. That makes it easier to gain muscle size because you don't need a lot of reps to tire the muscle, but it isn't needed, low weight/high reps can do it too. What makes a difference is how much effort you are using.

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
No ones saying that. Its that unless you have Herschel Walker genetics or some shyt, its impossible to be dumb swole AND shredded at the same time without juice. You can get swole natty and cut down but you will lose mass doing so. A lot of these OG dudes were def on something cuz even with food not being loaded with preservatives like today, its not like they had dieticians or had the best diets and also drank, smoked and fukked with drugs daily. Cats acting like steroids werent as accessable in the hood as any other drug are clueless....and anything on the streets will make its way into prisons.
It was all about high reps back then, and their diet was actually perfect for growing muscles, its our diet nowadays that is not good for it! We overemphasize protein,and not enough carbohydrates.

Some used to get high, and do reps, and I have a theory that enhances neuron connection. Neuron connection plays a major part on strength. Tookie Williams was known for puffing wet, and lifting all day. I know growing up a lot of the guys with muscles smoked weed all the time, and hit the weights hard, ate garbage food too. They just ate too much fatty foods, but besides that the food was good. If you are doing reps into the hundreds while high to enhance neuronal activity, and eat a lot of food, you can get big like that, just not that cut up, but adding more walking can help. I tried, but I don't want to spend my time lifting all the time, and eating all day. I found a good routine, but I'm gonna trademark it first, then i will tell everyone.

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It's scary at first and you probably won't make. But eventually you just take a deck of cards, all 52 of them. Shuffle them, then draw a card and do the push-ups, draw another then do the push-ups and continue until the deck is done. When the deck is done you're done.

Some people use jokers as breaks and there's only 2 jokers. Some people don't use them at all, some people used as 30 seconds some 60 seconds. The numbers vary too.

For instance there are 16 total aces, kings, jacks and Queens, some people just do 15 each for all those cards (240 push-ups)

The rest of the cards equal 220 so you're doing at least 460 push-ups.

Friday workouts usually go a little harder because you get to rest.

As far as a time constraint there isn't a time limit. Most cats do them in their cell with or while talking to their bunkmate. It's real casual cause you have nothing but time yet at the same time you don't stop, talk, take a break or nothing. Just draw a card, do the push-ups, draw a card, do the push-ups, thank God/Allah for the break card if you choose to include it, then back to drawing a card and doing the push-ups.

@Splakavellie504
There's and old old old ass jail story that if you fail or quit, then they pass your remaining cards out to other cats and then you got to box them for however much time is on the card.
So people would say "pull his card!" Meaning run the fade or fight.
I tried this, only made it 14 cards through :dead:

They would've been tossing (:dame:) my lanky ass across the field in prison :russ:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
That's not true, I seen someone almost as big as them from doing a thousand push ups a day. The thing is, he was weak as shyt, he could barely lift over 150 pounds. He was young, so that plays a part as well, your body is flooded with growth hormones at the age of 12-25. Back then I just couldn't understand it, but once you hear what people on lockdown say, its all about high reps, and eating a lot of carbs. They just workout all day, and eat ramen noodles, plus a whole bunch of junk food. They they get a lot of rest which means most of the food they eat will go into building up the muscle. People in the streets don't get as much rest, so the little carbs they eat is used up as energy for the body t move, and stay awoke.

Your size comes from how much you eat, not how heavy the weight is. That makes it easier to gain muscle size because you don't need a lot of reps to tire the muscle, but it isn't needed, low weight/high reps can do it too. What makes a difference is how much effort you are using.

plus the testosterone theory. Them nikkas locked down are in a testosterone filled environment which gives them a test boost. Is that true?

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
It was all about high reps back then, and their diet was actually perfect for growing muscles, its our diet nowadays that is not good for it! We overemphasize protein,and not enough carbohydrates.

Some used to get high, and do reps, and I have a theory that enhances neuron connection. Neuron connection plays a major part on strength. Tookie Williams was known for puffing wet, and lifting all day. I know growing up a lot of the guys with muscles smoked weed all the time, and hit the weights hard, ate garbage food too. They just ate too much fatty foods, but besides that the food was good. If you are doing reps into the hundreds while high to enhance neuronal activity, and eat a lot of food, you can get big like that, just not that cut up, but adding more walking can help. I tried, but I don't want to spend my time lifting all the time, and eating all day. I found a good routine, but I'm gonna trademark it first, then i will tell everyone.

i thought carbs was bad???

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Pushups ain't shyt for building a chest compared to bench press, flies, etc

After a while you will reach a plateau.

I didn't have a gym membership for some weeks so I did a chest workout at home.

Did over 400 pushups (different variations), chest wasn't even close to as sore as if I do a chest workout in the gym (flat, decline, incline bench press, cable flies, plate squeezes, dumbbell pullovers, machine flies, landmine press, dumbbell flies, dumbbell chest press, dips etc)

yeah my whole crip dorm was at least 500 a day when we was on lockdown programming . Did that shyt for like 2 months straight.
All I noticed was I was cut tf up on some Mayweather type shyt . Didnt start gaining real chest mass until I got out and found out what Cable Flies and DumbBell Pullovers were