How did these "OGs" out in Cali get this fukking big?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Pushups ain't shyt for building a chest compared to bench press, flies, etc

After a while you will reach a plateau.

I didn't have a gym membership for some weeks so I did a chest workout at home.

Did over 400 pushups (different variations), chest wasn't even close to as sore as if I do a chest workout in the gym (flat, decline, incline bench press, cable flies, plate squeezes, dumbbell pullovers, machine flies, landmine press, dumbbell flies, dumbbell chest press, dips etc)
You're supposed to add resistance to calisthenics once you reach certain plateaus

weight vest and heavy duty resistance bands are one way to go, backpack with free weights/kettles/books are another way

third way is put yourself in "mechanically disadvantaged" position...............for examples try wall pushups...as in soles of feet flat against the wall

pushup_harticle_embed.gif
or plank or near plank pushups

I saw a good replacement for flyes also

I saw the yt guy skooby do these years ago..........I use dumbbells

I had a power tower and pushup bars and by doing body adjustments or using vest/bands I was able to build incredible strength and size with no gym membership

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I tried this, only made it 14 cards through :dead:

They would've been tossing (:dame:) my lanky ass across the field in prison :russ:

All In all its roughly 240-300 push-ups, so depending how far you made it, work is work :salute:

When I worked at a youth detention center the privs (short for privilege eligible) would watch an hour of TV between 8pm and 9pm. They'd do them and break during commercials.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
plus the testosterone theory. Them nikkas locked down are in a testosterone filled environment which gives them a test boost. Is that true?
I think that is somewhat true, but not the main thing to grow the muscles. If that was the case most of the guys would be ripped from a small amount of working out. I think it just helps get you to wanting to do the long workouts, the thought of anything popping off at anytime is enough to keep you from being lazy, and doing your job to have your body be able to or take damage if need be

i thought carbs was bad???
Without carbs you wouldn't be able to think quick, and react quick to situations, they are your body's main source of energy because of how quick the energy can be gotten from them. Fruit is the quickest in absorption, and starchy foods are slower. You can use protein as a source, as well as fat, but they aren't made for that, so you have to come up with techniques for them to work. I personally think the more you make those your main source of energy, the quicker you age, especially with protein, because of the work needed to break it down, and the more free radicals the protein makes once broken down..

The problem with carbs is most people eat more then they need, and with very little fiber, so it creates health issue from the excess sugar not being used. If you are an active person carbs are what you want to grow. For muscle growth carbs are what gives your muscles size, because glycogen is made from carbohydrates. When you lift weights, you are essentially making your muscle be able to hold more glycogen. Hence, the more carbs you eat, the bigger you get in size. There is a reason why "soul food" had older brothers looking jacked naturally, the food supplied the perfect nutrients for a person who does physical labor. Now, most people don't stress their muscles like that, so its too much for some people, and cause fat gain, if eaten too much.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
it’s good carbs and bad carbs, pasta, white bread, dairy, are the bad ones.
Nah, those are the perfect foods to eat to get big

You just need to eat some type of fiber to keep your sugar levels low, but that is what beans are for. I just mash up a l/4 cup to 1/2 cup of pressure cooked dry beans in a pan of some olive oil, vegan butter, garlic, paprika,black pepper, and salt, until its like a gravy. I eat that with most meals I eat. The beans provide fiber, and protein, to help slow down the breakdown, and absorption, of eating a lot of carbs. Plus, the fiber in the beans keep you shytting daily, so your gut stays healthy. Beans are powerful for how little they are.

"poor people" food is the best food for lifting. Why you think so many guys was coming out of prison looking jacked off of low quality food when weights were still in prisons? Eating all them carbs! Their issue was gaining too much fat along with the muscle, but its ways to deal with that, walking a lot helps deal with fat.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
All In all its roughly 240-300 push-ups, so depending how far you made it, work is work :salute:

When I worked at a youth detention center the privs (short for privilege eligible) would watch an hour of TV between 8pm and 9pm. They'd do them and break during commercials.
going to try this out with crunches too

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
going to try this out with crunches too

Crunches are pretty worthless. There are way more effective exercises for working the core.

If you're looking for abs you want a strong core.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Working out for damn near 24HRS a day but don't be surprised tho dudes like that could kill somebody with their own hands shyt four or five punches from them would probably leave you in ICU :dame::manny: the thought of it alone is :mjlol: but at the same time :hubie:.

You dont even need 4 or 5 punches..just 1.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Crunches are pretty worthless. There are way more effective exercises for working the core.

If you're looking for abs you want a strong core.
Bullshyt. SIT UPS are worthless. Crunches are great for building core if you do em right. Many folks cheat at crunches which is why many dont see much from them. You gotta keeo yourself within a certain range, the higher you get your shoulder blades off the ground, the better. How I usually do em is with my feet down, hands outstretched up between my knees reaching, head/neck/shoulders not touching the ground and lift up, then i do a variation set of the same except now my feet soles are together and my knees are out like a butterfly position:dame:, then i do another hundred set with my hands now behind my head but my feet kept hovering just a bit above the ground. Gotta keep your core within range where you feel that burn and squeeze like hell with your reps. I also do leg lifts, flutter kicks, bicycles and russian twists.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt. SIT UPS are worthless. Crunches are great for building core if you do em right. I also do leg lifts, flutter kicks, bicycles and russian twists.

You already know and by your own words do more efficient core workouts. If you never did crunches again you'd be fine. It's cool if you continue to do them but they aren't by any means essential .

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Lifting heavy ie ego lifting can also fukk up ya body over time.
This. Most serious lifters will flat out tell you not to go dumb heavy unless youre willing to risk your body and pay the price for it down the line. There is absolutely nothing beneficial in ego lifting. You can still lift heavy but not competition level shyt. Unless youre competing, all ego lifting does is create accumulative damage and wear and tear over time that eventually shortens your gym life. Then youre stuck racked with injuries talking bout how much you used to lift and no one gives a shyt about that.