How did the Arabs get through North Africa so fast in the 7th century

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
It's a fact.

Listen breh, this has nothing to do with one people being inherently superior to another, because human potential is all the same to me, but history plays out the way it does because of certain factors...what can you do.

People don't want to hear the facts though, they want to live in a fantasy world where Africans were living a superhuman like utopian existence before "cacs" and "Semitic cacs " came and subjugated them. This is just another one of those threads.
You dont know enough history though. These nations and cultures havnt existed completely independent of one another up until the point one of them hits the scene as a great invader and converts all of the primitives to a new dominant culture. Ancient Egyptians, (pre arab invasion) had a kingdom that extended into the territories that later came back to invade them centuries later so that argument is really pointless.

In the case of Arabs and Africans, an exchange of ideas has existed among these peoples because of trade between the two by merchants who took to the Indian Ocean and land to exchange goods, religions and ideas with their various groups. They have both been influencing one another for some time through trade and living among one another. Its unfair to paint a picture that both groups didnt need each other or that one just developed all of these ideas in a bubble and hit the scene like to civilize savages. Stop it. Before war, there is trade.

Knowledge moved north along the Nile though, Still :ufdup:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
That conquered enough territory to where they exerted a significant amount of control but instead of being taken over outright, India just absorbed the Islamic character and made it a part of its own.

But you could say the same thing about Buddhism too. Buddhism arose from Hinduism and almost took over the country until it eventually got pushed out after a revival period. This is how advanced belief systems operate.
People in here just trying to create a narrative where Muslims forcibly converted Africans to Islam and made them give up their ways of life at the point of a sword :camby:

Islamic ideals were simply superior to African ideals. Let's be blunt. They had a post tribal mentality, a revolutionary and progressive outlook on human society for the time, a new and robust membership, a rich language by which to carry the movement, capable generals/military personnel....I mean, what more needs to be said...there was no need for "convert or die" because so many Africans just got with it off GP...Africa is mainly Christian or Muslim today for a reason. If Africans ever produced a written language of significance by which they could share and develop their ideas easier and possibly unite a significant portion of the continent under 1 particular ideal, maybe history would be a lot different, but that never happened.

it hurts my soul to agree with a muslim but this post is mostly true except about the part of trying to deny forcible conversion

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
he's a muslim
so what? LOL i don't get the big deal about agreeing with a muslim on something. What he said is also true... there was no forced conversion going on like that in that area. One can go to Africa themselves and ask and locals will tell you straight up they intermarried. People were attracted to the faith, if they would've put up a fight things could've never moved that fast.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they had submarines and laser guided missiles... I believe Allah also gave them ancient stealth bombers. :mjpls:

actually, some of the most already advanced african groups... combined knowledge with other Mediterranean cultures...
and then united 1 religion as opposed to 8580380394 different tribes... so they could have used straws and sticks and won
but I think only South Africa had weapons as advanced.
Plus they had longer range weapons passed to the East muslims from China and asia.
The north and west African Muslims and Arabs.. had advanced sword designs from failed cac kingdoms and mid east.
Just so happened that these areas already had ancient egyptian wisdom, medicine, and ships and boats before everyone.
Egypt adopted Islam and after that it was easy to dominate. .... even later on.. when the Mongols were going around murking much of the worlds population the Egyptians developed the first portable 'hand cannons' - they stay on that new shyt.
Sahelian kingdoms - Ghana kingdom and areas below the north(niger, algeria, mali, nigeria, cameroon, etc)- had advanced miltaries, calveries, armor on their horses--- and Yeah they loved trading with the Arabs... so all the arabs could benefit from Gold, weapons, slaves (used for hard core fighters), etc.

NTM the creation of the most advanced communication systems knows to the world - which is helpful for takeovers.

Belief that Allah has ur back damn near makes you fearless.

And a unity (not based on nationality, tribe, color, race, etc) that didn't exist anywhere else in the world

you'd be a great politician

the only reference point I can take from this, is the long range weapons. which I'd need you to elaborate on

you cite algeria (which isn't below the north btw) had an advanced military, so where there any battles there at all?

and this sums up your participation in this thread. Mixing faith with knowledge is incomprehensible

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
so what? LOL i don't get the big deal about agreeing with a muslim on something. What he said is also true... there was no forced conversion going on like that in that area. One can go to Africa themselves and ask and locals will tell you straight up they intermarried. People were attracted to the faith, if they would've put up a fight things could've never moved that fast.

I have a particular dislike of Islam that is why I said it that way but the whole peaceful conversion is just dumb that's like saying black people peacefully converted to Christianity, taking on the religion of conquerors is not a peaceful conversion even if there isn't violence

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I have a particular dislike of Islam that is why I said it that way but the whole peaceful conversion is just dumb that's like saying black people peacefully converted to Christianity, taking on the religion of conquerors is not a peaceful conversion even if there isn't violence
Dont your beliefs come from being a conquered people/person. I mean, you're in the military of the nation that endorsed enslaving you and only set you free to keep other people from coming up in a similar fashion and have pretty much taken on their belief system. Just as many Islamic conversions came from trade and general cultural exchange from travel.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
you'd be a great politician
i participate behind the scenes
the only reference point I can take from this, is the long range weapons. which I'd need you to elaborate on

you cite algeria (which isn't below the north btw) had an advanced military, so where there any battles there at all?

and this sums up your participation in this thread. Mixing faith with knowledge is incomprehensible
take away the knowledge and u have ur answer. But someone saying "mixing faith with knowledge is incomprehensible".... must not know anything about Africa, Europe, South America, North America, or Asia.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i participate behind the scenes

take away the knowledge and u have ur answer. But someone saying "mixing faith with knowledge is incomprehensible".... must not know anything about Africa, Europe, South America, North America, or Asia.

Do you ever feel conflicted?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you ever feel conflicted?
clearly...

he juked my post/questions like a running back

typed some incoherent innuendo; then dropped a pac video

deadmanny.png

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Dont your beliefs come from being a conquered people/person. I mean, you're in the military of the nation that endorsed enslaving you and only set you free to keep other people from coming up in a similar fashion and have pretty much taken on their belief system. Just as many Islamic conversions came from trade and general cultural exchange from travel.

what belief system is it that you think im taking on? i do take on the liberal values of europeans as for as rights and democracy because ive come to the conclusion that those are good ideas

buy i have never said or suggested those values were not spread through violence

Last edited: