How did Jean Michel Basquaite convince ppl to buy his scribbles for millions?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The OP is a CAC, most likely a st0rmfr0nt troll and all he does is shyt on anything black.

I hate calling people c00ns but if you're of African decent there are certain things you just dont do. Running to consign the OP is just shameful.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
why are people even taking people who aren't into art opinion seriously. There are some people who don't get Basquaite and his paintings and thats cool, just like some people hate other artist. But many people do like his work. He was actually famous in the art world before hooking up with Warhol, in fact people thought his work was not as good when they did do joint exhibits together. Plus, not forget how Basquaite was SAMO, which was a tag name that a lot of people knew in NYC.

Captain

Save a thought
Daps
Reppin
Ethiopia
:umad:

Abstraction indicates a departure from reality in depiction of imagery in art. This departure from accurate representation can be only slight, or it can be partial, or it can be complete. Abstraction exists along a continuum. Even art that aims for verisimilitude of the highest degree can be said to be abstract, at least theoretically, since perfect representation is likely to be exceedingly elusive.

some of ya'll sensibilities are flabby and sick, I can understand it not being you're thing but some of the low-context people in here take it too far by trying to dismantle his whole career just cause "it looks like scrabbles"

:scusthov:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
fukk their statement, the article is all truth. the fact remains that Basqueer got fame through a white faq that slept with a Jewish faq

and wrestling > scribble scrabble "art" :rambo:

he got fame by making good art. warhol was falling out of favor with the art world at large when basquiat was blowing up.

you've so far: insulted two iconic artists; quoted a white pride blog that insulted revolutionary figures simply for being jewish; and said that professional wrestling is superior to basquiat's paintings

breh...:heh:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
He looks so much like Kid Cudi and surprisingly kid cudi is the same age as JMB when he died

23u4oyw.jpg

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
is black, went to art school makes a living off art, i do not fukks with basquiat or any post modern art nikkas. i understand exactly what he was doing, and it wasnt ill, especially his 'reinterpretations' of other nikkas art. i see mad lil white fine art kids painting wak scribbles on doors just like him.... scust

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
listen, im not into art at all.
but im around it at times because my girl drags me to art shows and what not.
What I will say is that you just have to accept that you will not understand/get/like things some people are really into.
Think of your favorite album...the majority of the world will hear that album and think its utter trash and question your sanity for wasting time with that album.
Same thing.

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I'm not really a fan of Jean Michael Basquiat. I'm black...don't see why its gotta be a black/white/c00n thang. I just don't see his appeal. I don't know shyt about art tho...I just know what I like. Banksy>>>Basquiat
UTBpL.jpg

2AGsl.jpg

8c9Fn.jpg

7eDS7.jpg

Eqg8F.jpg

banksy is dope but loses points cause he uses stencils

as detailed as the work looks he did in in 5 seconds via stencils

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Don't know shyt bout art so maybe I shouldn't post but I am starting to question.some.of you nikkas objectivity. I understand some ya'll feel he is a fraud but instead of comparing that nikka to a fellow nikka and contrast how how the unknown nikka shyt is better yet homie over here aint selling shyt. ya'll go.compare him.to.some.cac that did the same shyt and says cac shyt was 10 times bettter.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
white people slay me I swear ....dude goes in on Basquiat and a bunch of c00ns who know nothing of art rush in and co-sign

how come this clown doesnt mention Jackson Pollock

1.example.01.jpg

Jackson Pollock number five was sold for $140 million dollars , wheres the artistic merit in this

how come dude doesnt mention Damien Hirst the richest living painter who has made a fortune of spot paintings which he doent even make himself but has his assistants do the work

damien-hirst-spot-paintings-at-gagosian-gallery_4.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/9010657/Damien-Hirst-assistants-make-my-spot-paintings-but-my-heart-is-in-them-all.html

Basqiuaits art was very esoteric and his paintings spoke of the "black" experience which you as a cac could never understand, the fact that you choose to poke fun of one of the few lauded black painters speaks volumes

Basquiat003.jpg

maybe you should read up on the meaning of his painting Charles the !st which also inspired the Jay z grammy family freestyle before you pass judgement

or hollywood Africans

basquiat-irony.jpg

or "the irony of the black policeman...

my point is his art wasnt just a bunch of scribbles there was actual meaning behind it ....
My man i salute you for this post, i met Damien Hirst at a show and his "fans" wow, i do not get it, the work is so fake and yet people eat it up.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not really a fan of Jean Michael Basquiat. I'm black...don't see why its gotta be a black/white/c00n thang. I just don't see his appeal. I don't know shyt about art tho...I just know what I like. Banksy>>>Basquiat
UTBpL.jpg

2AGsl.jpg

8c9Fn.jpg

7eDS7.jpg

Eqg8F.jpg

:clap:
Now, this is what I consider art

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
banksy is dope but loses points cause he uses stencils

as detailed as the work looks he did in in 5 seconds via stencils
no one gives a fukk u hipster fakkit. :laff: He still had to draw it.