How did Jean Michel Basquaite convince ppl to buy his scribbles for millions?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looks like u don't really need to know how to paint or draw to be an artist....

some of this shyt just looks stupid

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not really a fan of Jean Michael Basquiat. I'm black...don't see why its gotta be a black/white/c00n thang. I just don't see his appeal. I don't know shyt about art tho...I just know what I like. Banksy>>>Basquiat
UTBpL.jpg

2AGsl.jpg

8c9Fn.jpg

7eDS7.jpg

Eqg8F.jpg

D*FACE>>>>>>>>> BANKSY

8_street_improvements.jpg

DFace_ReluctantHero_72dpi.jpg

5264221982_14c4588da1.jpg

d-face-new-york-city-tags.jpeg

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think the thing is that more people were into Basquiats story than him, his story sold his work, as for my fav artists, it goes, Banksy, Keith Haring, Mr. Brainwash, then Basquiat

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just an opinion breh, if you feel someone is wack then thats how you feel, no need to act like your opinion is fact, its art, ever heard the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
the WOAT is graffiti artist JA ONE XTC, he gets props but he pays others to tag for him, which is why his shyt was all over NYC

kid's daddy is director of Karate Kid & Rocky, he even had a part in KK3 & Rocky V

plus the dude is an undercover racist

smh @ the comments, everyone's on this actor's dikk, "King of Graf" :comeon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
While I sort of agree with the thought that an individual's life can overshadow the impact of their craft. I cannot cosign the thought that Basquiat did not "body" the art scene in the present, and during his time.

With that said, Basquiat's art is not a "surface" appeal type of artistry. Sure, super realistic oil paintings of still life and human forms is an amazing skill. But as stated in this thread, Basquiat's art is an evolution of art, no need to downplay and compare his craft to other greats.

tumblr_m1xz7rOTRw1qgqw54o1_500.jpg

To:

jean_michel_basquiat_006_liberta_1982.jpg

89Cel.png
:master_of_craft_vicente:​