How did Jean Michel Basquaite convince ppl to buy his scribbles for millions?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
white people slay me I swear ....dude goes in on Basquiat and a bunch of c00ns who know nothing of art rush in and co-sign

how come this clown doesnt mention Jackson Pollock

1.example.01.jpg

Jackson Pollock number five was sold for $140 million dollars , wheres the artistic merit in this

how come dude doesnt mention Damien Hirst the richest living painter who has made a fortune of spot paintings which he doent even make himself but has his assistants do the work

damien-hirst-spot-paintings-at-gagosian-gallery_4.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/9010657/Damien-Hirst-assistants-make-my-spot-paintings-but-my-heart-is-in-them-all.html

Basqiuaits art was very esoteric and his paintings spoke of the "black" experience which you as a cac could never understand, the fact that you choose to poke fun of one of the few lauded black painters speaks volumes

Basquiat003.jpg

maybe you should read up on the meaning of his painting Charles the !st which also inspired the Jay z grammy family freestyle before you pass judgement

or hollywood Africans

basquiat-irony.jpg

or "the irony of the black policeman...

my point is his art wasnt just a bunch of scribbles there was actual meaning behind it ....
I agree with your point if you saw my post above, but Jackson Pollock is a bad example because he was a dude who mastered many forms of art and was looking for a way to experiment in attempts to elevate his work when he started making those dotted paintings... But in general, you are right, JMB had to overcome hella hate in the artworld at one point in his life...

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Basqiuaits art was very esoteric and his paintings spoke of the "black" experience which you as a cac could never understand, the fact that you choose to poke fun of one of the few lauded black painters speaks volumes

Basquiat003.jpg

:usure:

Picasso gets props for abstract because he could actually paint like Michelangelo if he wanted but he chose to do his own thing.

Basquait had no choice in the matter because he actually drew like a 5 year old

:sitdown:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Anyway, same people saying his shyt is so great and profound are just hipsters that cosign anything else hipsters cosign.

Its the same people who will say something like Polo >>>>

Even tho there might be a shirt that's made up of the same exact material and looks exactly like the Polo shirt they treasure so much but without the horse.

Trendy hipsters simply buying for the name and name alone, if anyone else did those paintings you'd call them garbage.

I bet you all are huge Kid Cudi fans also

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Wait hold up....Did this guy REALLY get away with that dollar sign "S" we used to draw on scratch paper in class when we were bored?

:laff:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i dont even bother to speak on this shyt. too far out of my domain...and i may sound ignorant in saying that it probably is for a lot of you too.

I'll stick to music as my form of "art"

like dude said though, if I was into paintings it'd be stuff i could actually see/understand...none of that abstract shyt. My ex-girlfriends paintings were :wow:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I like paintings where I can directly understand the meaning.

That's why I have Van Goghs.

It's just beautiful art I can easily appreciate

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Wait hold up....Did this guy REALLY get away with that dollar sign "S" we used to draw on scratch paper in class when we were bored?

:laff:

knew i wasnt the only one who booked that :skip:

some of his paintings look cool though simply at face value. Could care less about the "meaning". Like that "gangsterism" one

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:usure:

Picasso gets props for abstract because he could actually paint like Michelangelo if he wanted but he chose to do his own thing.

Basquait had no choice in the matter because he actually drew like a 5 year old

:sitdown:

Wrong again. You don't know wtf you're talking about.

Basquiat covered famous paintings THE SAME WAY PICASSO COVERED FAMOUS PAINTINGS. It was his way of reinterpreting what was done, and putting it in his own language.

In fact, I believe Basquiat covered Picasso's "Guernica"

By the way, Picasso died at 91, Basquiat died at 27. It makes no sense to compare the two artistically.

H.R. Pufnstuf

Rightful Heir
Daps
Reppin
St. Barts/Scarsdale
Basquait isn't a fraud because he was broke and from the hood?
:heh:

no, he isn't a fraud because his art actually had a meaning and was very impactful on how black culture was viewed in the art world...art is supposed to convey a message, not this contemporary bull by idiots like hirst..and his did that perfectly, regardless of it looking like "scribbles" to you or whoever else

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wrong again. You don't know wtf you're talking about.

Basquiat covered famous paintings THE SAME WAY PICASSO COVERED FAMOUS PAINTINGS. It was his way of reinterpreting what was done, and putting it in his own language.

In fact, I believe Basquiat covered Picasso's "Guernica"

By the way, Picasso died at 91, Basquiat died at 27. It makes no sense to compare the two artistically.

Picasso's painting of his mother
picasso1.JPG

The best Basquait could do is a stick figure with titties and a wig with some random scribblings breh

and you guys would call it the greatest shyt ever , so much meaning behind these scribbles breh :krs: