How did Jean Michel Basquaite convince ppl to buy his scribbles for millions?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
white people slay me I swear ....dude goes in on Basquiat and a bunch of c00ns who know nothing of art rush in and co-sign

how come this clown doesnt mention Jackson Pollock

1.example.01.jpg

Jackson Pollock number five was sold for $140 million dollars , wheres the artistic merit in this

how come dude doesnt mention Damien Hirst the richest living painter who has made a fortune of spot paintings which he doent even make himself but has his assistants do the work

damien-hirst-spot-paintings-at-gagosian-gallery_4.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/9010657/Damien-Hirst-assistants-make-my-spot-paintings-but-my-heart-is-in-them-all.html

Basqiuaits art was very esoteric and his paintings spoke of the "black" experience which you as a cac could never understand, the fact that you choose to poke fun of one of the few lauded black painters speaks volumes

Basquiat003.jpg

maybe you should read up on the meaning of his painting Charles the !st which also inspired the Jay z grammy family freestyle before you pass judgement

or hollywood Africans

basquiat-irony.jpg

or "the irony of the black policeman...

my point is his art wasnt just a bunch of scribbles there was actual meaning behind it ....

Exactly, his art was about the black experience: slavery, pan-africanism, egypt, black history. His art was extremely deep.

Amazon.com: Jean-Michel Basquiat: Radiant Child: Jean Michel Basquiat, Tamra Davis: Movies & TV

This is the documentary I was referring to earlier^

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
white people slay me I swear ....dude goes in on Basquiat and a bunch of c00ns who know nothing of art rush in and co-sign

1.example.01.jpg

Jackson Pollock number five was sold for $140 million dollars , wheres the artistic merit in this

how come dude doesnt mention Damien Hirst the richest living painter who has made a fortune of spot paintings which he doent even make himself but has his assistants do the work

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/9010657/Damien-Hirst-assistants-make-my-spot-paintings-but-my-heart-is-in-them-all.html

Basqiuaits art was very esoteric and his paintings spoke of the "black" experience which you as a cac could never understand, the fact that you choose to poke fun of one of the few lauded black painters speaks volumes

Basquiat003.jpg

maybe you should read up on the meaning of his painting Charles the !st which also inspired the Jay z grammy family freestyle before you pass judgement

or hollywood Africans

basquiat-irony.jpg

my point is his art wasnt just a bunch of scribbles there was actual meaning behind it ....
because nikkas hate to gave other nikkas credit. nikkas hate to support their own, but have no problem buying the white man shyt because they want to look worldly and sophisticated.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Basquiat work was cool & all, but let's not forget he sleeping with dudes to get money when he was homeless :huhldup: plus Andy Warhol "discovered" him :gag:

all you gotta do to be successful in art nowadays is be Jewish & sell scribble-scrabble/bullshyt for millions like Damien Hirst or be a faq like Andy Warhol & sleep your way to the top

Andy Warhol knew better than most how to ingratiate himself with the Jews. His 1980 series, “Ten Portraits of Jews of the Twentieth Century,” features ten portraits of what Warhol referred to as “Jewish geniuses,” one of whom was Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir — the “genius” who said there were no Palestinians, adding with her famous flair for the witty phrase: “How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to.” Another “genius” was Sigmund Freud, whom Kevin MacDonald has described as having perpetrated the greatest scientific fraud of the 20th century — a fraud that was very useful in constructing the culture of Western suicide.

Warhol seems to have put his considerable charm to work with Henry Geldzahler, curator of the Metropolitan Museum of Art — an influential Jew who happened, like Warhol, to be homosexual. “Although they were never lovers, the relationship became intimate,” we are assured by one of Warhol’s biographers. “Andy spoke to Henry on the phone every night before he went to sleep and every morning as soon as he woke up.” I am not saying that Warhol and Geldzahler were lovers, though others have said so. That’s of no interest to me. All I’m suggesting is that Warhol, a notorious opportunist, found it helped his career to cultivate the Jews. His appeal, in the words of film critic Carrie Rickey, was to the “synagogue circuit.”

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Basquiat work was cool & all, but let's not forget he sleeping with dudes to get money when he was homeless :huhldup: plus Andy Warhol "discovered" him :gag:

all you gotta do to be successful in art nowadays is be Jewish & sell scribble-scrabble/bullshyt for millions like Damien Hirst or be a faq like Andy Warhol & sleep your way to the top

in other words, have some white rich folks label you as the next hot shyt, then everyone who strives to fit in with them, will follow suit. Regardless of your talent

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
a lot of the "art world" is filled with nonsense, which is why I'm glad I was led away from it eventually. It's more important to know the right people and have a story behind your work than actual talent a lot of times.

"He's a struggling artist that is channeling his inner rage and chaos onto the painting!"
*Sees a canvas with nothing but scribbles on it

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
a lot of the "art world" is filled with nonsense, which is why I'm glad I was led away from it eventually. It's more important to know the right people and have a story behind your work than actual talent a lot of times.

"He's a struggling artist that is channeling his inner rage and chaos onto the painting!"

Its a hustle like anything else. People with too much money fall victim to stuff like this in their efforts to feel more connected to the common man.

bcb

BG - It's All On U
Daps
Reppin
NY
peep the book Basquiat by phoebe hogan she did a marvelous job walking people through his life

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....

they don't hear u tho

:shaq2:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
For the life of me I'll never understand abstract art.

I went to the High Museum exhibit with some cultured chick and I was just like :ehh: the whole time. Kept lookin at my phone, ready to go

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

1.example.01.jpg

Basquiat003.jpg

or hollywood Africans

basquiat-irony.jpg

Powerful post, but we already know about the reactionary, anti-Black tendencies of some of the individuals cosigning in this thread.