How come PlayStation keeps outselling Xbox even though it hasn’t got Gamepass?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
yeah, they also say a lot of shyt that never ends up coming to fruition also. Microsoft had an entire fiscal report where they could have rported the updated numbers and they didn't.

once again, PSNow is not a gamepass competitor and never was, in fact it started well before gamepass. Subscription numbers made up by fans to brag about a service with old games just isn't impressive

18 Million was reported directly to investors by Microsoft breh, don't get aggy because my point still STANS :umad:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even at 18 million that was last reported at Microsofts earnings call in January that's more than 5x PSNow in about half the time:skip:

Jez Corden is the Sr. Editor of Windows Central which I guess could be argued as "inflated Stan numbers" depending on how much you trust their sources:ld:

Gamepass is a great value if you’re into Microsoft games so I’m not surprised it’s that high. PSnow is not the same as Sony’s day one games aren’t on there unlike Gamepass. Not sure why people keep comparing the two.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Brand loyalty and exclusive franchises. Kind of obvious.
I like Halo and gears , even crackdown way more than any PlayStation exclusive and I still got a PS4.

Days gone is the only exclusive I have because it was free and it's collecting dust on my hard drive

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Gamepass is a great value if you’re into Microsoft games so I’m not surprised it’s that high. PSnow is not the same as Sony’s day one games aren’t on there unlike Gamepass. Not sure why people keep comparing the two.
You know, I wanna congratulate you on this breakthrough. Are you RB? I never knew why y'all compared it either other than to save some feels :to:and even with 1st party day 1s PSnow wouldn't be like gamepass which is hilarious that you just don't get it. You claim Xbox 1st party ain't great, but at the same time you think gamepass is popular because of those 1st party titties. It helps but there hasn't been that many new first party titties released since gamepass became a thing so... that can't be why gamepass is great today.

Why is it great then :jbhmm:the people have spoken but the stans refuse to listen...

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Microsoft isn't trying to profit off Game Pass right now. They're scaling the business and acquiring customers. Many of the biggest names in streaming services aren't profitable. The primary difference is Microsoft can self fund it's growth phase from cash off the balance sheet because the rest of the company prints money while other companies often use debt to fund theirs.

Yeah but people have to want what you are selling. They could fund the streaming service with cash in hand and still end up in last place just like they are now with their physical console. All that money and shyt the bed time after time…screwing up great IPs, running developers into the ground, and creating fragmentation with the latest gen which will screw them in 4 years.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Anybody ever gonna talk about PSNow only having 3 Million users after 7 years while Gamepass has 23 million in 4 years?:jbhmm:

The increase in Gamepass’ subscriber base from January til now is literally more than the lifetime of PSNow. Sony has been king of the hill for a while and will still reign for at least a little bit longer but the tides are turning:manny:. This gen will be much more competitive than the last for sure. Xbox already got good exclusives coming and they’re day one to that same 20+ subscriber base

Microsoft as a whole is under different leadership than it has been in previous generations and their stock has been up 600% since Nadella took over as CEO. I wouldn’t sleep on Xbox this gen:hubie:

Even at 18 million that was last reported at Microsofts earnings call in January that's more than 5x PSNow in about half the time:skip:

Jez Corden is the Sr. Editor of Windows Central which I guess could be argued as "inflated Stan numbers" depending on how much you trust their sources:ld:

18 Million was reported directly to investors by Microsoft breh, don't get aggy because my point still STANS :umad:

You guys need to stop running with this dumbass narratve of "23 million Game Pass subscribers!!!!111!!!"

https://gamerant.com/playstation-plus-subscriber-count-may-2021/amp/

47.4 million PS Plus subscribers as of this February, an increase of 8.6 million since last year. If all of these people theoretically converted their subscriptions for $1 into PS Now subscriptions it would dwarf game pass in a second. Sony isn't interested in putting their exclusives on a day-one subscription service, PS Now is just a side business for them.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I see a lot of people throw out 500 million gamepass subscribers. How many of them are concurrent? Gamepass was a $1 entry fee as oppose to PSnow was $80 bucks, til recently. I want to hear concurrent active members not this accumulation of subscribers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I see a lot of people throw out 500 million gamepass subscribers. How many of them are concurrent? Gamepass was a $1 entry fee as oppose to PSnow was $80 bucks, til recently. I want to hear concurrent active members not this accumulation of subscribers.

Microsoft has only confirmed 18 million, total subscribers, which includes trial memberships.

It’s all inflated

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys need to stop running with this dumbass narratve of "23 million Game Pass subscribers!!!!111!!!"

https://gamerant.com/playstation-plus-subscriber-count-may-2021/amp/

47.4 million PS Plus subscribers as of this February, an increase of 8.6 million since last year. If all of these people theoretically converted their subscriptions for $1 into PS Now subscriptions it would dwarf game pass in a second. Sony isn't interested in putting their exclusives on a day-one subscription service, PS Now is just a side business for them.
Good point.

Gamepass numbers are skewed because it's lumping XBL gold users who converted with extremely low entry costs vs organic new users.

It's not a like-for-like comparison to PS Now which existed separately from PS+.

If PS Now was bundled into PS+ for a $1 or so entry fee Sony could then act like PS Now was some juggernaut that's making moves.

MSFT is king of deceptive reporting(not hating tho they can do them.)

I'd like to see the number of gamepass users who don't have an XBL Ultimate or Gold membership concurrently.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Good point.

Gamepass numbers are skewed because it's lumping XBL gold users who converted with extremely low entry costs vs organic new users.

It's not a like-for-like comparison to PS Now which existed separately from PS+.

If PS Now was bundled into PS+ for a $1 or so entry fee Sony could then act like PS Now was some juggernaut that's making moves.

MSFT is king of deceptive reporting(not hating tho they can do them.)

I'd like to see the number of gamepass users who don't have an XBL Ultimate or Gold membership concurrently.

Thats kind of the key to selling a subscription service you gotta find a way to make the numbers look good to the public/investors. Show them at them that the service is continuously growing.

We already saw them try and force people into gamepass in January, we already know what the game being played here is, and its not exclusive

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thats kind of the key to selling a subscription service you gotta find a way to make the numbers look good to the public/investors. Show them at them that the service is continuously growing.

We already saw them try and force people into gamepass in January, we already know what the game being played here is, and its not exclusive

they REALLY told on themselves with that shyt. Trying to sneak it in on the low in the internet age at that. :dead: