How come PlayStation keeps outselling Xbox even though it hasn’t got Gamepass?

Half A $

Pro
Daps
That was all the way in March, and we still don’t have Xbox numbers.

I fully expect that PS5 has sold more, but how do we have a “real” discussion about sales when we don’t even have the numbers??:jbhmm:

you’re never going to get Xbox series numbers because you’re 3rd place trash.

but I’m sure we’ll hear all about how many hours have been played in halo infinite and how many game pass numbers

Xbox family numbers :russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
even if Sony goes streaming they will still dominate gaming and its def not too late for other streaming services, Disney has Hulu, espn and discovery and they’re already at overe half th3 amount of subscribers as Netflix and its only been a year.
Sony has shown a reluctance to embrace streaming like Microsoft. Jim Ryan openly acknowledged that the type of service Game Pass is wouldn't be possible for Sony. PlayStation Now has existed since 2014 and has 3.2 million subs. Xbox Game Pass has existed since 2017 and has 23 million. Game Pass is aggressively grown though and pretty much just recently added game streaming. Sony isn't interested in putting their games day 1 on some sort of expensive all access service point blank. Doesn't seem like they're interested in paying other devs for that either.

Disney is losing money on Disney+. Yeah they have a large number of subs but they basically had to give Disney+ away for $5.99 a month to amass them. Disney+ at $13-$18 a month doesn't grow anywhere near that fast.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony has shown a reluctance to embrace streaming like Microsoft. Jim Ryan openly acknowledged that the type of service Game Pass is wouldn't be possible for Sony. PlayStation Now has existed since 2014 and has 3.2 million subs. Xbox Game Pass has existed since 2017 and has 23 million. Game Pass is aggressively grown though and pretty much just recently added game streaming. Sony isn't interested in putting their games day 1 on some sort of expensive all access service point blank. Doesn't seem like they're interested in paying other devs for that either.

Disney is losing money on Disney+. Yeah they have a large number of subs but they basically had to give Disney+ away for $5.99 a month to amass them. Disney+ at $13-$18 a month doesn't grow anywhere near that fast.

They literally mentioned cloud gaming and building a bigger network for it in their last big interview, if it just so happens that the trend shifts anytime within the next 12 years Sony is right there. They are a entertainment company first and foremost, and their name carries way more wait than xbox. People will always find a way to play PlayStation games. Just like people will always find a way to watch disney movies.

Same with nintendo. There’s no mass exodus of the PlayStation brand that will ever happen people will just wait for them to do whatever and go there just like they did with online gaming.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They literally mentioned cloud gaming and building a bigger network for it in their last big interview, if it just so happens that the trend shifts anytime within the next 12 years Sony is right there. They are a entertainment company first and foremost, and their name carries way more wait than xbox. People will always find a way to play PlayStation games. Just like people will always find a way to watch disney movies.

Same with nintendo. There’s no mass exodus of the PlayStation brand that will ever happen people will just wait for them to do whatever and go there just like they did with online gaming.

The market is much more fickle that you care to admit. The same Nintendo that put out the Switch also put out the Wii U. They can turn on a company very quick.

I don’t think Sony goes away at all. I just think that when they transition to a gaming as a service rather than trying to entice gamers to buy hardware their output won’t be quite what it is today. If you want to keep people on a service long term more of your games have to be built for people to play long term and 20-40 hour 3rd person action adventure games will have a difficult time doing that.

I’m interested to see what Sony comes up with but it’s not likely to be like Game Pass. Between Google or Amazon one of them is more likely to more directly copy Game Pass. It’s probably going to be Amazon.

Sony is doing cloud gaming but with them it’s more or less a side thing. With Microsoft that’s the main focus.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The market is much more fickle that you care to admit. The same Nintendo that put out the Switch also put out the Wii U. They can turn on a company very quick.

I don’t think Sony goes away at all. I just think that when they transition to a gaming as a service rather than trying to entice gamers to buy hardware their output won’t be quite what it is today. If you want to keep people on a service long term more of your games have to be built for people to play long term and 20-40 hour 3rd person action adventure games will have a difficult time doing that.

I’m interested to see what Sony comes up with but it’s not likely to be like Game Pass. Between Google or Amazon one of them is more likely to more directly copy Game Pass. It’s probably going to be Amazon.

Sony is doing cloud gaming but with them it’s more or less a side thing. With Microsoft that’s the main focus.

A big part of the Wii U's failures have less to do with market fickleness and more to do with all the things Nintendo did wrong with the system. Hell, it's name for starters.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If I was Sony I'd go with a 1st party psnow service that offers 1st party games day and date.

I feel like you charge 30 bucks for that as a psnow plus tier and give a perks for people who keep subs for more than a month or 3. Something like the final tier being early access to 1at party games.

I don't think they would really have to do much more than that and most people would sub and keep a sub even at a higher price to get a day or 2 of early access alone.

But it all comes back down to how good Series x 1st party titles end up.

If MS starts knocking it out the park with 1st party games and exclusives Sony gonna have to move quicker than they like.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Worldwide sales. Sony owns the Asian and European market. Not to mention they own the us market. Xbox only really sales in the US

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I was Sony I'd go with a 1st party psnow service that offers 1st party games day and date.

I feel like you charge 30 bucks for that as a psnow plus tier and give a perks for people who keep subs for more than a month or 3. Something like the final tier being early access to 1at party games.

I don't think they would really have to do much more than that and most people would sub and keep a sub even at a higher price to get a day or 2 of early access alone.

But it all comes back down to how good Series x 1st party titles end up.

If MS starts knocking it out the park with 1st party games and exclusives Sony gonna have to move quicker than they like.
Why would Sony abandon its current policy of selling $70 games when they’re selling very well and they’re making billions in profits?

This whole shyt comes down to the games people want to play. It doesn’t matter what a great value Gamepass is, if it doesn’t have the games people want it doesn’t matter. It’s about GAMES, and more specifically the type of games people want to play.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why would Sony abandon its current policy of selling $70 games when they’re selling very well and they’re making billions in profits?

This whole shyt comes down to the games people want to play. It doesn’t matter what a great value Gamepass is, if it doesn’t have the games people want it doesn’t matter. It’s about GAMES, and more specifically the type of games people want to play.

negged for common sense posting.

let them struggle and starve and be delusional.

:snooze: