How come PlayStation keeps outselling Xbox even though it hasn’t got Gamepass?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why would Sony abandon its current policy of selling $70 games when they’re selling very well and they’re making billions in profits?

This whole shyt comes down to the games people want to play. It doesn’t matter what a great value Gamepass is, if it doesn’t have the games people want it doesn’t matter. It’s about GAMES, and more specifically the type of games people want to play.

they’ll never get it

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
If I was Sony I'd go with a 1st party psnow service that offers 1st party games day and date.

I feel like you charge 30 bucks for that as a psnow plus tier and give a perks for people who keep subs for more than a month or 3. Something like the final tier being early access to 1at party games.

I don't think they would really have to do much more than that and most people would sub and keep a sub even at a higher price to get a day or 2 of early access alone.

But it all comes back down to how good Series x 1st party titles end up.

If MS starts knocking it out the park with 1st party games and exclusives Sony gonna have to move quicker than they like.

And what would you do if you were Nintendo? :jbhmm:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Brand. Simple as that. Even the PS3 eventually caught up to the 360 after the late launch, higher price, and worse performing multi-platform games. Sony’s PlayStation is that brand when it comes to consoles.

Nintendo realized this and started creating a niche instead of trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Anybody ever gonna talk about PSNow only having 3 Million users after 7 years while Gamepass has 23 million in 4 years?:jbhmm:

The increase in Gamepass’ subscriber base from January til now is literally more than the lifetime of PSNow. Sony has been king of the hill for a while and will still reign for at least a little bit longer but the tides are turning:manny:. This gen will be much more competitive than the last for sure. Xbox already got good exclusives coming and they’re day one to that same 20+ subscriber base

Microsoft as a whole is under different leadership than it has been in previous generations and their stock has been up 600% since Nadella took over as CEO. I wouldn’t sleep on Xbox this gen:hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anybody ever gonna talk about PSNow only having 3 Million users after 7 years while Gamepass has 23 million in 4 years?:jbhmm:

The increase in Gamepass’ subscriber base from January til now is literally more than the lifetime of PSNow. Sony has been king of the hill for a while and will still reign for at least a little bit longer but the tides are turning:manny:. This gen will be much more competitive than the last for sure. Xbox already got good exclusives coming and they’re day one to that same 20+ subscriber base

Microsoft as a whole is under different leadership than it has been in previous generations and their stock has been up 600% since Nadella took over as CEO. I wouldn’t sleep on Xbox this gen:hubie:
Generations will become irrelevant as they shift to a cloud strategy. They'll be able to upgrade the hardware on the server side as they see fit when they want rather than waiting for an arbitrary number of years and tech to age.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
while Gamepass has 23 million in 4 years?

confirmation from microsoft on this number? last official reports put them at 18k. As of now playstation makes more money off ps plus than xbox makes from gamepass and its not even close. In fact, microsoft doesn't actually profit from gamepass.

i also wouldn't be surprised if those numbers are based on total subscriptions not reoccurring, which means most people will prob not re-up on services after their trial membership expires. You shouldn't go throwing around numbers that microsoft themselves haven't reported

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
confirmation from microsoft on this number? last official reports put them at 18k. As of now playstation makes more money off ps plus than xbox makes from gamepass and its not even close. In fact, microsoft doesn't actually profit from gamepass.
Microsoft isn't trying to profit off Game Pass right now. They're scaling the business and acquiring customers. Many of the biggest names in streaming services aren't profitable. The primary difference is Microsoft can self fund it's growth phase from cash off the balance sheet because the rest of the company prints money while other companies often use debt to fund theirs.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft isn't trying to profit off Game Pass right now. They're scaling the business and acquiring customers. Many of the biggest names in streaming services aren't profitable. The primary difference is Microsoft can self fund it's growth phase from cash off the balance sheet because the rest of the company prints money while other companies often use debt to fund theirs.

Yeah yeah.... until we get numbers from microsoft i don’t care. Anything else is just inflated stan numbers

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Sony has better hardware and the streamers who don't play on PC, play on PlayStation

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

i also wouldn't be surprised if those numbers are based on total subscriptions not reoccurring, which means most people will prob not re-up on services after their trial membership expires. You shouldn't go throwing around numbers that microsoft themselves haven't reported

Even at 18 million that was last reported at Microsofts earnings call in January that's more than 5x PSNow in about half the time:skip:

Jez Corden is the Sr. Editor of Windows Central which I guess could be argued as "inflated Stan numbers" depending on how much you trust their sources:ld:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even at 18 million that was last reported at Microsofts earnings call in January that's more than 5x PSNow in about half the time:skip:

Jez Corden is the Sr. Editor of Windows Central which I guess could be argued as "inflated Stan numbers" depending on how much you trust their sources:ld:

yeah, they also say a lot of shyt that never ends up coming to fruition also. Microsoft had an entire fiscal report where they could have rported the updated numbers and they didn't.

once again, PSNow is not a gamepass competitor and never was, in fact it started well before gamepass. Subscription numbers made up by fans to brag about a service with old games just isn't impressive