How come MK got a black man with God Like Powers but Street Fighters best black representation is a Dancehall caricature?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Why do yall keep thinking Asians in countries with under 1% black people will create compelling black characters? They have mostly only seen black people on TV through a stereotypical lenses so that's what you'll get from them.
They should stop creating Black characters then or stop being lazy.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
366ccb0f7f84f21c43fdafd2c93c09c8.jpg

nagoriyuki-guiltygear-strive-artwork-transparent.png
First image is broken.

Edit nvm

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
That doesn't work either. Final Fantasy XVI didn't have any black characters in it and was met with criticism for it.
Then stop being lazy. Do your research talk to black Martial artists or writers. It's not hard if you actually try. They just want to do things with no effort and get no backlash for it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Then stop being lazy. Do your research talk to black Martial artists or writers. It's not hard if you actually try. They just want to do things with no effort and get no backlash for it.
I mean if you want to create accurate characters you really need those sorts of people in the writing room. Have you seen how much of anime / video games portray female character? They usually are some otaku's fantasy of how a woman should act. It's not only black characters that get poor representation.

I guess you call it lazy. I call it being a product of who made the media. You likely have a bunch of indigenous nerdy introverted people writing these games so the character don't reflect worldly realism. If a incel wrote a romance novel it wouldn't be wild to expect it to be filled with misogyny. It being that is a product of who made it rather than laziness.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I mean if you want to create accurate characters you really need those sorts of people in the writing room. Have you seen how much of anime / video games portray female character? They usually are some otaku's fantasy of how a woman should act. It's not only black characters that get poor representation.

I guess you call it lazy. I call it being a product of who made the media. You likely have a bunch of indigenous nerdy introverted people writing these games so the character don't reflect worldly realism. If a incel wrote a romance novel it wouldn't be wild to expect it to be filled with misogyny. It being that is a product of who made it rather than laziness.
I still call it laziness, you know women, black people ect exist. So maybe pick their brains a bit? It's not really that hard to fathom.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still call it laziness, you know women, black people ect exist. So maybe pick their brains a bit? It's not really that hard to fathom.
Black people damn near don't exist in that country. They are far under 1% of the population. If the people in question aren't actually involved with the making of the product just speaking to someone isn't going amount to much. Picking someone's brain doesn't make you qualify for much.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Black people damn near don't exist in that country. They are far under 1% of the population. If the people in question aren't actually involved with the making of the product just speaking to someone isn't going amount to much. Picking someone's brain doesn't make you qualify for much.
There's an entire black owned anime studio out there, hire them as consultants.