How come MK got a black man with God Like Powers but Street Fighters best black representation is a Dancehall caricature?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

And is a direct reference to Nigel Benn the Dandy Boxer.

Eubank%20Bowler.jpg

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
And you know what netherealm characters don’t have, agency. Outside of saving the world they do nothing.

Jax = nikka hasn’t chased Kano since MK3
Jacqui = military kid that’s it
Jade = last we saw her she only wanted to get dikked down
Tanya = still only wants to pussied up by mileena
Kai = irrelevant
Cyrax = Robo Slave
Geras = Golem Slave
Darrius = probably the one with any agency or motivation now just a Smash Bros Trophy assist

Netherrealm may good designers but when it comes to giving characters life they suck. Compare that to just Dudley:

Characteristics​

Height​

6'1" (185 cm)[1][2]

Weight​

222½ lbs (101 kg)[1][2]

Eye color​

Blue

Hair color​

Black

Blood type​

B[1][2]

Measurements​

B160/W90/H100[1]

Personal​

First Game​

Street Fighter III: New Generation

Birthdate​

January 27[1][2]

Birthplace​

United Kingdom England[1][2]

Fighting style​

Boxing[1][2]

Personality (summarized)​

Refined, well-mannered, fair

Likes​

Tea, roses[1][2], being a gentleman, his father's antique Jaguar, his friend Elena(SFxTK)

Dislikes​

Uncivilized behavior[1][2], fighting dirty, Balrog

Occupation​

Professional Boxer/Socialite

Rival(s)​

Balrog (SSFIV), Hugo (SFIII: 2nd Impact), Ryu (SFIII: 3rd Strike) (friendly), Lei, Christie(SFxTK)

Skills​

Pottery appraisal[1], gardening[2]

Moveset​

Jet Upper, Machinegun Blow, Duck (with Straightand Uppercut), Cross Counter, Short Swing Blow, Thunderbolt, Rocket Upper, Rolling Thunder, Corkscrew Blow (SFIII), Corkscrew Cross (SSFIV)

Alignment​

Good

Status​

Alive

Relationship​

Father

More character in that summary than all of netherrealm combined. The was over 20 years ago now Capcom just goes deeper.
Jax-Dope he’s basically MK’s Guile.
Jacqui-She’s alright wish she had more character.
Jade-She’s not black
Tanya-Ok at best
Kai-irrelevant
Cyrax-Dope design and my favorite robo ninja.
Geras-Boring character and design.
Darrius-irrelevant

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
F1hER14WYAYW1qP

F2uHIF1aQAA1XFy

i watched TMNT the other day and i noticed even April had the hairstyle lmao

maxresdefault.jpg

This has become the black version of asian girl with streak in their hair

580a5c631b0000522bef8960.png

Just uncreative designers

Call me crazy but I don’t see an issue with ANY of the black male’s hairstyles

They’re embracing a natural loc style. So what? Thats the style many young black men embrace the past decade.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Not that I really thought it needed confirmation
I always thought he was clearly black
If anything I want confirmation that he's based off of Chris Eubank cause that's always been the rumor

Thanks. I thought he was black too but used to get shyt from a lot of people on gaming forums whenever I said he was.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And you know what netherealm characters don’t have, agency. Outside of saving the world they do nothing.

Jax = nikka hasn’t chased Kano since MK3
Jacqui = military kid that’s it
Jade = last we saw her she only wanted to get dikked down
Tanya = still only wants to pussied up by mileena
Kai = irrelevant
Cyrax = Robo Slave
Geras = Golem Slave
Darrius = probably the one with any agency or motivation now just a Smash Bros Trophy assist

Netherrealm may good designers but when it comes to giving characters life they suck. Compare that to just Dudley:

Characteristics​

Height​

6'1" (185 cm)[1][2]

Weight​

222½ lbs (101 kg)[1][2]

Eye color​

Blue

Hair color​

Black

Blood type​

B[1][2]

Measurements​

B160/W90/H100[1]

Personal​

First Game​

Street Fighter III: New Generation

Birthdate​

January 27[1][2]

Birthplace​

United Kingdom England[1][2]

Fighting style​

Boxing[1][2]

Personality (summarized)​

Refined, well-mannered, fair

Likes​

Tea, roses[1][2], being a gentleman, his father's antique Jaguar, his friend Elena(SFxTK)

Dislikes​

Uncivilized behavior[1][2], fighting dirty, Balrog

Occupation​

Professional Boxer/Socialite

Rival(s)​

Balrog (SSFIV), Hugo (SFIII: 2nd Impact), Ryu (SFIII: 3rd Strike) (friendly), Lei, Christie(SFxTK)

Skills​

Pottery appraisal[1], gardening[2]

Moveset​

Jet Upper, Machinegun Blow, Duck (with Straightand Uppercut), Cross Counter, Short Swing Blow, Thunderbolt, Rocket Upper, Rolling Thunder, Corkscrew Blow (SFIII), Corkscrew Cross (SSFIV)

Alignment​

Good

Status​

Alive

Relationship​

Father

More character in that summary than all of netherrealm combined. The was over 20 years ago now Capcom just goes deeper.
Stats aren't a story. Jax's story in MK11 alone is more story than all of Dudley's story of being a replacement for Balrog.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Stats aren't a story. Jax's story in MK11 alone is more story than all of Dudley's story of being a replacement for Balrog.

Bruh Those “stats” influences how he acts and reacts to external forces ensuring he doesn’t deviate from character.

The emasculation of a strong black male to quivering mess only to be saved by multiple white gods is character? Midway era Jax was always displayed as powerful and shown a sense of direction.

Damn near half that roster became revenants but none of them get ptsd? Don’t bring up his wife, Sub-Zero lost his brother and best friend, Scorpion lost his family and whole fukkin clan twice, and they are just fine. Cassie her lost mom and got over that just fine. They could’ve made Jax a more cynical and world worn but nah they turned him into bytch wearing spanx.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's Dudley's character arc exactly? Can you break it down?:jbhmm:
:jbhmm: This is more background than character arc but :manny:
Dudley is an English boxer who was born into a wealthy English family. His father was a highly-paid former athlete who turned successful businessman, adding more to his already vast wealth. From the time he was a little boy, Dudley wanted to be a fighter, but his family told him he was too small to compete. Later, his father lost his business and the family fortune. The losses prompted Dudley to take up professional boxing to earn back lost assets. Although told that he was a bit small to compete in heavyweight divisions, this prompted Dudley to train into a formidable boxer both in speed and skill, and was successful in bringing his family back to affluence.When Dudley finally discovers who purchased his father's prized Jaguar, he enters the buyer's tournament to get it back. Although he didn't win the third World Warrior tournament, Gill was impressed enough to give the Jaguar back, ordering Kolin to give the car keys to Dudley. Dudley has been knighted, receiving the honorary title of "Sir" after making a comeback and winning the championship title. He was then invited into a contest that will be held in the presence of the royal family. He decides to travel the world and improve himself before the day of the match.