How come MK got a black man with God Like Powers but Street Fighters best black representation is a Dancehall caricature?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
That doesn't work either. Final Fantasy XVI didn't have any black characters in it and was met with criticism for it.
Ff16 was trying to say something towards the end about racism but I guess yoshi didnt want the game written off as woke. They Count Of Monte Christo’d that part where they have white characters represent dark skin people struggles to sell a game. Like in FF14 Stormblood they had a blonde blue eyed girl lead a revolution against colonialism where all these colonial states got together and over threw an empire and they were primarily darker skinned citizens. But they had to have a blonde blue eye girl to sell it

They had black elves in FF11 tho and Fran in FF12

But I don’t really care about black people being put in high fantasy I kinda lean with hayao miyazuki on that genre

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's an entire black owned anime studio out there, hire them as consultants.
I don't think having consultants is going to lead to the same level of quality as actually having a black writer or character designer. Talking with someone about something and them actually being involved in it's creation are a magnitude different. They need other races deeply involved in the creative process and in that country I don't see that as likely.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Get this
Another ninja is coming
But THIS time the color is PURPLE?!
:krs:

They're better nowadays but still
:pachaha:
That was a valid critique back in 1993 :mjlol:
At the end of the day MK characters look like they would be right at home in an avengers movie.
Tekken and SF characters look like they were pulled straight out of a old straight to video steven seagal movie

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
How many black cyborgs in comics do you know outside of cyborg? Can you name them?
off the top of my head i can only think of misty knight being a full-time cyborg and bishop was a cyborg for some time but i was more lumping cyborg together with electricity, not as a standalone category

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
That was a valid critique back in 1993 :mjlol:
At the end of the day MK characters look like they would be right at home in an avengers movie.
Tekken and SF characters look like they were pulled straight out of a old straight to video steven seagal movie
LOL it was a valid critique until MK11/1 which is what I alluded to when I said they're better now. But to act like these designs are some next level unforgettable shyt while saying everyone else's stuff looks like 1990s action movies is such an oddly specific and hilarious insult to make when that was and still is LITERALLY the actual design inspiration for Mortal Kombat characters.
:bryan:
Outside of MK hardcores most people couldn't tell these characters apart if they were in a black and white picture. The men/women are relatively the same build, height, up until recently the scope of cultural inspiration was very limited, and the list goes on. If you wanna say MK has the highest graphical fidelity or sells the most copies or has the best single player content, by all means. If we tellin tall tales you might as well tell me it has the best animation in the genre too.
:russell:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
LOL it was a valid critique until MK11/1 which is what I alluded to when I said they're better now. But to act like these designs are some next level unforgettable shyt while saying everyone else's stuff looks like 1990s action movies is such an oddly specific and hilarious insult to make when that was and still is LITERALLY the actual design inspiration for Mortal Kombat characters.
:bryan:
Outside of MK hardcores most people couldn't tell these characters apart if they were in a black and white picture. The men/women are relatively the same build, height, up until recently the scope of cultural inspiration was very limited, and the list goes on. If you wanna say MK has the highest graphical fidelity or sells the most copies or has the best single player content, by all means. If we tellin tall tales you might as well tell me it has the best animation in the genre too.
:russell:
disingenuous argument right here. :mjlol: but go head breh

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
off the top of my head i can only think of misty knight being a full-time cyborg and bishop was a cyborg for some time but i was more lumping cyborg together with electricity, not as a standalone category

How many black fighting game cyborgs do you know?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
What's the goal post move?

The classic what a boutisms. What’s guile got to do with this? Nobody is saying he isn’t a caricature so why mention him. We really need to have a deep dive discussion on the severe inferior complex with MK stans

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The classic what a boutisms. What’s guile got to do with this? Nobody is saying he isn’t a caricature so why mention him. We really need to have a deep dive discussion on the severe inferior complex with MK stans
I didn't say what about Guile. He said he's a generic GI bro Guile is the original GI bro in fighting games. You moved the goal posts in your mind. I compared him to Guile I didn't say why aren't you saying this about Guile. Get it straight.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say what about Guile. He said he's a generic GI bro Guile is the original GI bro in fighting games. You moved the goal posts in your mind. I compared him to Guile I didn't say why aren't you saying this about Guile. Get it straight.

:dahell: Do you know what a GI bro is?