How can anyone still go to T.D Jakes church after this?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
A lot of times they might have a table laid out with t-shirts or dvds to buy and you start to wonder about the intention of that particular church. It starts driving people away from God because they associate God with those charlatans, when Jesus would have overturned all those tables and driven those profiteers right out of the building. The same thing with those who sell blessings and holy handkerchieffs.

LIKE I'VE SEEN PEOPLE SELLING STUFF LIKE RECORDINGS OF THE SERMONS, BIBLES, AND CHURCH RELATED STUFF. THAT DON'T BOTHER ME. PEOPLE SELLING AVON AND STUFF WAS A LIL BIT MUCH FOR ME.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
People are in denial as a race we ARE gullible and sadly black preachers profit off of that. The thing is @Blackthoughts because many black people go through things they lay all their hope in God which in turn leads to them laying hope in these men. It's literally fraud.

It's disgusting that you have mums of 4 working 2 jobs giving all her money to pay for her pastors jet and mansions.

I stopped going to church and will never return, I believe in God and the Christian faith but much prefer reading bible at home and giving money to charity as @SuburbanPimp mentioned. It works for me.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
A lot of times they might have a table laid out with t-shirts or dvds to buy and you start to wonder about the intention of that particular church. It starts driving people away from God because they associate God with those charlatans, when Jesus would have overturned all those tables and driven those profiteers right out of the building. The same thing with those who sell blessings and holy handkerchieffs.

That's the thing the modern day preachers go against ALL Jesus and his early preachers like Paul and Timothy did. Jesus as he was written to be would despise how money oriented modern day followers are.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I got put off a long time ago, so I'm not into religion or christianity but this kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all. It's 'whatever' to me really. :yeshrug:

As far as I'm concerned things like this need to be seen.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I keep saying Christianity (and religion in general) is a fukking joke and a scam but nikkas is so gullible and sheepish they don't hear me.

Oh well, if you can't hear you will feel. :pachaha:

I agree. Modern day Christianity (bar catholics) is a scam fraud and joke. However Christianity itself e.g following the words of a man like Jesus was originally a good idea. Jesus Christ was one of those few people who in our world's history who lives a truly 'human' existence (helping people, feeding your brother, accepting people etc) and I can get why people felt interested in following his word and the disciples carried on his religion after he died. I fukk's with the New Testament and his lifestyle.

BUT MODERN DAY CHRISTIANITY ?! :pachaha:

How was Jesus walking around in a fukking shirt and sandals NO material possessions yet todays pastors are walking around with private jets. Originally if you read Paul's preacher's were meant to be broke, cos realistically all their focus was on the word. Yet in 2013 preachers have gucci shoes and ferrari's :pachaha:

The religion as a whole fell off and it relies on poor people giving all their money to survive with promises of wealth to them. Pastors are just like any other slick talking con men now.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not calling anyone gullible or anything like that, because truthfully maybe there is something that I'm not seeing, but I'm really wondering why out of all the churches you can give to, why give to one of the wealthiest? Why not give a million dollars to a church struggling to stay open? Why not give $100,000 to ten churches, or $10,000 to a thousand churches, or even $1000 to $100,000 churches?

I guess that I just thought that when you'd be donating to help others in the name of god, you'd donate to those who aren't already dealing with prosperity and fortune.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Praise him!

BroFranklin.gif