How bad did Google+ flopped?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
google+ is the future of google

[ame=http://youtu.be/xVPLPeBcMwE?t=1m26s]Vic Gundotra in Sosial direkte #16 - 27th of February 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
the google search engine was a pretty revolutionary algorithm and it was easily the best engine around.

you talkin about marketing campaign or reviews...you do realize google went big back when majority of people made serious websites using exclusively html tags ?

where would you find these 'reviews' ? some magazines or something ?

there was no unified hub of people gathering reviews. the message board community was in embryo stage.

nothing internet was being marketed extremely aggressively besides aol and shyt like that back in the day.

whats funny is that I agree with you in general...but the search engine was revolutionary.

The way they monetized it was genius. :ohlawd:

Google search is probably the best business case of the last decade. LOL @ dude thinking they just got lucky.:heh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Facebook is too big and does all the basic stuff people care about. Sure the kids will flock to something different if it takes off, but my 66 year old dad is on FB as well as my Mom, Aunts, cousins, etc. Sadly, no one talks on the phone anymore, so Facebook is that convenient pipeline to what and your casual friends and family are up to and you don't have to interact if you don't want to. I can see recent pics of my newborn nephews daily since all the phones have FB built in. After years of combining friends and family to one easy access point, no way most people were just going to up and leave FB and go to Google + hoping everyone would follow. Some people have 10 years of history and pictures on there, no way they are going to leave it...

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
he said active within the stream -150 millie

250 million active through google other services

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Facebook is too big and does all the basic stuff people care about. Sure the kids will flock to something different if it takes off, but my 66 year old dad is on FB as well as my Mom, Aunts, cousins, etc. Sadly, no one talks on the phone anymore, so Facebook is that convenient pipeline to what and your casual friends and family are up to and you don't have to interact if you don't want to. I can see recent pics of my newborn nephews daily since all the phones have FB built in. After years of combining friends and family to one easy access point, no way most people were just going to up and leave FB and go to Google + hoping everyone would follow. Some people have 10 years of history and pictures on there, no way they are going to leave it...

just like how android and ios can co-exist. Google+ and facebook can co-exist. G+ is more like twitter than facebook. People just compare them for the sake for comparing them. You use G+ the same way you use twitter. G+ is taking users away from twitter.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
exactly what I have been saying...talking all those inflated numbers "users interacting with gmail, google play store, etc etc"

inflated ass numbers. :laff: @ google+

why does numbers matter so much anyways. dont you judge a site by the content or do you like to brag about how many likes your post got :upsetfavre:

no social site is touching the content and feedback on G+. its xda, tech blogs, CNN and Espn wrapped in one.

Daps
just like how android and ios can co-exist. Google+ and facebook can co-exist. G+ is more like twitter than facebook. People just compare them for the sake for comparing them. You use G+ the same way you use twitter. G+ is taking users away from twitter.

That's poor analogy.

Android and iOS communicate with each other. Social networks, for the most part, operate in their own bubble.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

They tried to create demand..

..but instead ended up shooting themselves in they own mouth:pachaha:

this. the whole "invite" thing was really there way of facebook doing the college thing at first. trying to be exclusive so when they opened up everybody was suppose to come rushing in. It actually worked at first, but they couldnt hold onto the users.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
hangouts is really dope.

otherwise it doesnt cover any new ground and thats why it failed

google tried to half ass a social network when most social networks became what they were by introducing something new

facebook was the first 'real people' network, as opposed to myspace
linkedin was for job search
twitter is for groupies to follow their idols

google+ is for .... ?

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
also at this point, any newcomer will get bought up by facebook ,Google,Microsoft etc.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
this. the whole "invite" thing was really there way of facebook doing the college thing at first. trying to be exclusive so when they opened up everybody was suppose to come rushing in. It actually worked at first, but they couldnt hold onto the users.

the invite for beta tester.....look at the site then and now :aicmon:

google+ is not known like facebook because its a year old. How many people know about nexus devices?? or that google own motorola :heh:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
hangouts is really dope.

otherwise it doesnt cover any new ground and thats why it failed

google tried to half ass a social network when most social networks became what they were by introducing something new

facebook was the first 'real people' network, as opposed to myspace
linkedin was for job search
twitter is for groupies to follow their idols

google+ is for .... ?

facebook is bullshyt. Just because it has a billion users supposely dont mean its better. thats like saying iphone 5>>gs3 just because the iphone sold more....or ipad mini >>> nexus 7
google + is for techies and bloggers