How bad did Google+ flopped?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
and facebook is appealing because it has simps chasing puss. G+ is not for that.

You're looking at Facebook through a completely different lens than I am.

Seems like your problem is/was your Facebook friends and those you chose to keep in your network....NOT Facebook itself.

I didn't even know nikkas were hollaring at/chasing p*ssy like that on Facebook. News to me.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Google fukked up by having a closed beta for as long as they did.

Facebook took a lot of their features while G+ wasn't even released to the public and kept it moving.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I dont want to be on a social network site with friends and family. I use the network to browse my interest. I use instagram mostly. I have no use for facebook and G+ replaced my twitter usage. so its instagram and G+ for me

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Google fukked up by having a closed beta for as long as they did.

Facebook took a lot of their features while G+ wasn't even released to the public and kept it moving.

Google did it with G-Mail for a lot longer than they did with +. They probably wanted to create a feeling of exclusivity. Similar to Facebook in it's .edu days.

I dont want to be on a social network site with friends and family. I use the network to browse my interest. I use instagram mostly. I have no use for facebook and G+ replaced my twitter usage. so its instagram and G+ for me

I only use Instagram. I've also started a project that borrows from Google+'s idea of communities and groups. I think it's brilliant. I have no beef with Google+. I just don't think it's the game changer or the social network that's going to take down Facebook.

Originally everyone wanted to be on Facebook because they couldn't get on Facebook but they knew someone who was on Facebook. Google+ doesn't have that hype. The people using it right now are people who think they are influential or who want to be influential. The social media bloggers and the businesses. ITS GRANDMA that's going to make Google+ the next big social network. NOT Jason Calacanis

The way Facebook uses it's graph and the relationships within to run it's customer retention program is mind boggling. Because they know that one broken node in the graph could cause everyone to bounce to Google+ or an alternative. I just don't see it happening.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google did it with G-Mail for a lot longer than they did with +. They probably wanted to create a feeling of exclusivity. Similar to Facebook in it's .edu days.

I only use Instagram. I've also started a project that borrows from Google+'s idea of communities and groups. I think it's brilliant. I have no beef with Google+. I just don't think it's the game changer or the social network that's going to take down Facebook.

Originally everyone wanted to be on Facebook because they couldn't get on Facebook but they knew someone who was on Facebook. Google+ doesn't have that hype. The people using it right now are people who think they are influential or who want to be influential. The social media bloggers and the businesses. ITS GRANDMA that's going to make Google+ the next big social network. NOT Jason Calacanis

The way Facebook uses it's graph and the relationships within to run it's customer retention program is mind boggling. Because they know that one broken node in the graph could cause everyone to bounce to Google+ or an alternative. I just don't see it happening.

Its not there to replace facebook. Its connects with all of googles services. The + means google + maps....google+ search...google+ gmail. All of these services will be made into one

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

it was by invite only and the great part was that you could choose any name you wanted

i own

weight@gmail.com and colejamescash@Gmail.com

i was pissed that to this day i cant find my password to "weight" :sadbron:

dudes were begging for invites and i got mine in 2004

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
:laff:
name a better site with better content??? ill wait. you think facebook is good??? which feature on facebook is used as much as hangout?? ill wait

active users are people who uses the stream/feed. I use twitter for 10 minutes a day. Facebook in 2004 was a niche site for college kids. google dont allow to import your friends from other sites....G+ content is great. :win::win:

Did you not read a word I said?

It doesn't matter if G+ is better than facebook. It is not significantly so.
It just was not promoted aggressively and people have been given no incentive to drop facebook over it.

the google search engine was a pretty revolutionary algorithm and it was easily the best engine around.

you talkin about marketing campaign or reviews...you do realize google went big back when majority of people made serious websites using exclusively html tags ?

where would you find these 'reviews' ? some magazines or something ?

there was no unified hub of people gathering reviews. the message board community was in embryo stage.

nothing internet was being marketed extremely aggressively besides aol and shyt like that back in the day.

whats funny is that I agree with you in general...but the search engine was revolutionary.

Isn't that what I just said?

The Google search engine changed the game. Google + does not.

That's why people flocked to Google search. It didn't need to be marketed. But that approach hasn't worked for the majority of googles products because while they do offer some benefits over their competition, they aren't that much better.

In those situations, Google needs to market more aggressively, which is something they tend not to do.

sidenote: being cool or in with the fad crowd has nothing to do with it.

who uses apples ping? :laff:

edit.. I didn't even realize they had already killed it :laff::laff: :laff: :laff::laff:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

The new interface looks much much better brehs. I recommend trying it out again.

:wow:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I technically have one since I have a Gmail and a nexus. I don't know how to use it tho and I don't care so it's in the corner getting neglected

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I technically have one since I have a Gmail and a nexus. I don't know how to use it tho and I don't care so it's in the corner getting neglected
You are just one of many who feel the same way.

Again, :laff: @ google+. That shyt probably sounds like an upgraded search engine to regular users who don't read the verge or Engadget

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This new interface alone has me interested in using it more.

Glad they switched up from the usual newsfeed in one column with all that white space on the screen.

shyt is dope if you're into photography and tech news

:win:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Ima try to give it a shot again. Brehs on :hamster: used to be on it heavy when it dropped but now its just tumbleweeds

:skip: