How bad did Google+ flopped?

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
this graph is extremely misleading as everyone with a gmail/youtube/andriod/google account has a Google+ account.

It puts into perspective how much of a failure G+ is and the main reason is the same reason google-branded phones are not the best selling phones -

Google doesn't market its products aggressively. They expect the public to just use them and realize they are better.

Honestly, they were extremely lucky in becoming the #1 search engine in the world. It was more about how bad the competitors were than how good google was.

:what:
:mindblown:
:aicmon:
:damn:
:usure:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Tried to make it work for me but couldn't. I don't like it, haven't used it since it first came out.

I'm just mad they are getting rid of Reader. Couldn't care less about anything but that or Gmail.

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest

Why did you start using google?

was there some marketing campaign that convinced you? Do you read reviews that lauded its benefits? Or did you just use it one time and find it to be hugely hugely better?

therein lies my point. Google+ is good but its not significantly better than its competitors. If you dont market your product aggressively it has to be literally a quantum leap over your competition.

The Google search engine was. Youtube was and arguably still is. Chrome as a browser was, at least at first. Thats why people flocked to them. Things like Chromebooks, Google tv, Nexus phones and Google + arent and thats why they haven't taken the market by storm even if they are superior products.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
huge flop..everyone made one and never used it again..

the mobile version is super slick looking though.. kinda a shame it never took off.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
G+ is the best social site around. Its more of a twitter competitor than face book. Its not a site thats filled with your friends and family. Verge mobile does their podcast using google hangout along with many other blog sites. The android community has 100k active member and nexus community has 50k users.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-25-at-10.13.36-PM.jpg

The Coli aint on that list :duck:

91759261.jpg

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

was there some marketing campaign that convinced you? Do you read reviews that lauded its benefits? Or did you just use it one time and find it to be hugely hugely better?

therein lies my point. Google+ is good but its not significantly better than its competitors. If you dont market your product aggressively it has to be literally a quantum leap over your competition.

The Google search engine was. Youtube was and arguably still is. Chrome as a browser was, at least at first. Thats why people flocked to them. Things like Chromebooks, Google tv, Nexus phones and Google + arent and thats why they haven't taken the market by storm even if they are superior products.

name a better site with better content??? ill wait. you think facebook is good??? which feature on facebook is used as much as hangout?? ill wait

active users are people who uses the stream/feed. I use twitter for 10 minutes a day. Facebook in 2004 was a niche site for college kids. google dont allow to import your friends from other sites....G+ content is great. :win::win:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
huge flop..everyone made one and never used it again..

the mobile version is super slick looking though.. kinda a shame it never took off.

google+ flopped when compared to facebook. myspace only had 400 million users. twitter have 150 active users. facebook is a bloated site of nonsense.
most people hate facebook :wtb:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
google+ flopped when compared to facebook. myspace only had 400 million users. twitter have 150 active users. facebook is a bloated site of nonsense.
most people hate facebook :wtb:
LOL @ Google+

the shyt must be active users who "log-in" through their android phones leaving 1-5 star reviews on apps.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

The Google search engine was.
the google search engine was a pretty revolutionary algorithm and it was easily the best engine around.

you talkin about marketing campaign or reviews...you do realize google went big back when majority of people made serious websites using exclusively html tags ?

where would you find these 'reviews' ? some magazines or something ?

there was no unified hub of people gathering reviews. the message board community was in embryo stage.

nothing internet was being marketed extremely aggressively besides aol and shyt like that back in the day.

whats funny is that I agree with you in general...but the search engine was revolutionary.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
they fukked up in the beginning when it was invite only and they ramped up exponentially. then instead of opening it up to everyone, they kept it invite only so noone could add their friends. then everyone just bounced and never came back like me.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The fad crowd hasn't jumped on it yet.

Fad crowd don't give a shyt about features. All they want is drama and popularity which facebook has.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The fad crowd hasn't jumped on it yet.

Fad crowd don't give a shyt about features. All they want is drama and popularity which facebook has.
the fad crowd will never jump on it. Google+ is a :flabbynsick: version of facebook

Whats funny is that Facebook is already :flabbynsick: so its time for something fresh to come in and take over...the time is right and Google+ is not it.

I've already broken this down plenty of times. Google+ has some nice features to it, but the problem is that its still operating on the same kind of platform in where everything is dominated by your "wall" or "news feed" if you will. It need to be a new format for people to jump to another...most of everyone's needs is already covered on facebook meaning that Google+ will automatically be dismissed by the masses.

This shyt is really not that complicated.