How bad did Google+ flopped?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
the fad crowd will never jump on it. Google+ is a :flabbynsick: version of facebook

Whats funny is that Facebook is already :flabbynsick: so its time for something fresh to come in and take over...the time is right and Google+ is not it.

I've already broken this down plenty of times. Google+ has some nice features to it, but the problem is that its still operating on the same kind of platform in where everything is dominated by your "wall" or "news feed" if you will. It need to be a new format for people to jump to another...most of everyone's needs is already covered on facebook meaning that Google+ will automatically be dismissed by the masses.

This shyt is really not that complicated.
You really think the fad crowd is thinking like that? :snoop:

All the fad sees with google + is a place where their friends aren't. I doubt much specific shyt like that are in their heads.

They will only appreciate or critique the format of google + once their friends lead them there.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

You really think the fad crowd is thinking like that? :snoop:
you don't seem to understand do you? Google+ has already been launched, its been around for a long time and its too much like facebook to the regular user. With these networks its either an instant hit or not, don't let google fool you those active user numbers are inflated

Blackout

Daps
you don't seem to understand do you? Google+ has already been launched, its been around for a long time and its too much like facebook to the regular user. With these networks its either an instant hit or not, don't let google fool you those active user numbers are inflated
The invite only approach is the perfect reason why it flopped. It restricted the ones inside from connecting to others at a fast pace.

It limits the simps who adds random girls and give them enough attention to posts pics which attracts more simps and more women who see a site to show off their pics and compete with other women and limits the people from adding many other people in their schools outside of who they knew personally enough for them to also go out of their way to accept an invite for a new and unknown site especially from a person they barely know past a few convos.

Daps
the fad crowd will never jump on it. Google+ is a :flabbynsick: version of facebook

Whats funny is that Facebook is already :flabbynsick: so its time for something fresh to come in and take over...the time is right and Google+ is not it.

This is truth. Facebook has been :flabbynsick: for at least two years now. Theyre showing the tell tale signs of a social media site in decline.

1. The amount of ads is shooting up.
2. Loss of identity
3. The "cool" thing to do is talk about how much you hate it
4. The features became obselete (i.e. twitter is now the spot for talking, instagram for media, facebook = ???)

I strongly believe the only reason they are still somewhat relevant is them purchasing instagram. The time is RIPE for a new/developing site to swoop in, and Google+.. just... cant... do... it.

Even the image of google is not "cool", and most people i talk to about it are hesitant, because google already dominates email, search, and youtube. Now social media? People I talk to about it are :huhldup: about google having their hand in THAT much of their lives.

Daps

The invite only approach is the perfect reason why it flopped. It restricted the ones inside from connecting to others at a fast pace.

It limits the simps who adds random girls and give them enough attention to posts pics which attracts more simps and more women who see a site to show off their pics and compete with other women and limits the people from adding many other people in their schools outside of who they knew personally enough for them to also go out of their way to accept an invite for a new and unknown site especially from a person they barely know past a few convos.

They tried to create demand..

..but instead ended up shooting themselves in they own mouth:pachaha:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

This is truth. Facebook has been :flabbynsick: for at least two years now. Theyre showing the tell tale signs of a social media site in decline.

1. The amount of ads is shooting up.
2. Loss of identity
3. The "cool" thing to do is talk about how much you hate it
4. The features became obselete (i.e. twitter is now the spot for talking, instagram for media, facebook = ???)

I strongly believe the only reason they are still somewhat relevant is them purchasing instagram. The time is RIPE for a new/developing site to swoop in, and Google+.. just... cant... do... it.

Even the image of google is not "cool", and most people i talk to about it are hesitant, because google already dominates email, search, and youtube. Now social media? People I talk to about it are :huhldup: about google having their hand in THAT much of their lives.
Basically and I'll take it a step further with your bolded

That is where google keeps failing. Google is already too strong of a brand name to lump it into everything else. Can you imagine if Google would have bought android and named it Google OS or some lame shyt like that? Who would have bought it? People don't seem to realize how these things work and marketers who sit behind desks do not know what is cool or not...they just go with what makes great business sense. Remember Google Video trying to boss up on YouTube? :childplease:

If google was really serious they should have known that they needed a new fresh start without the google name and then possibly merging services LATER. What kind of lame ass is going to say...."yeah dude add me on Google+" :childplease:

:childplease:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
G+ is the best social site around. Its more of a twitter competitor than face book. Its not a site thats filled with your friends and family. Verge mobile does their podcast using google hangout along with many other blog sites. The android community has 100k active member and nexus community has 50k users.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-25-at-10.13.36-PM.jpg

Numbers are inflated because google forces alot of people to make a google+ account if they have a droid, plus you have to make a google just to have a youtube account now.

More people use twitter than google+ and its not close

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Numbers are inflated because google forces alot of people to make a google+ account if they have a droid, plus you have to make a google just to have a youtube account now.

More people use twitter than google+ and its not close
dog I'm willing to bet more people know what tumblr is than google+ right now.

lol @ Orkut being more active than Tumblr. That automatically shoots the legitimacy of that list down.

Blackout

Daps
I do wonder if celebrities using twitter is what brought the fad crowd there. :hmm:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I do wonder if celebrities using twitter is what brought the fad crowd there. :hmm:
the media helped. It was a cool name...all of those folks over at cnn, tnt, and a select others were all giggling when they started saying "send us a tweet." I think sports stars were the first celebs to really use it I think.

It all went on fire after that.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Google+ was a bad way to market social. They should have gone the way of youtube and bought a company that had a good idea and unique site and then perfected it.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
G+ was destined to fail cause of the name alone. Google couldn't chose a worse name than Google plus.

Daps
Reppin
Australia
this graph is extremely misleading as everyone with a gmail/youtube/andriod/google account has a Google+ account.

It puts into perspective how much of a failure G+ is and the main reason is the same reason google-branded phones are not the best selling phones -

Google doesn't market its products aggressively. They expect the public to just use them and realize they are better.

Honestly, they were extremely lucky in becoming the #1 search engine in the world. It was more about how bad the competitors were than how good google was.

no.