How bad did Google+ flopped?

TheSedd

Happy Hour Expert
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix
I enjoy G+ I was able to have hangouts with my classmates and got some schoolwork done.

Most stuff youtube trip on is on g+ like my court shows.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Google+ = your google profile across the web. The stuff that you post on G+ is organized and can be deleted later off the web. G+ always ties in with google now etc.

This is what google+ is "Sure, there’s a social networking aspect to it, but Google Plus is really Google’s version of Google. It’s the groundwork for a level of search quality difficult to fathom based on what we know today. It’s also the Borg-like hive-queen that connects all the other Google products like YouTube, Google Maps, Images, Offers, Books, and more. And Google is starting to roll these products all up into a big ball of awesome user experience by way of Google Plus, and that snowball is starting to pick up speed and mass."

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
PLUS-ONE THIS: PROOF THAT GOOGLE PLUS WILL PREVAIL

http://www.fastcompany.com/3004448/plus-one-proof-google-plus-will-prevail

Google Plus’s brilliant method of gaining new users is playing out right in front of our eyes, but no one recognizes it.

When talking to smart people (some of them technology-based venture capitalists) about Google’s method of getting new users, the same thing happens every time: First they chortle. Then, after delivering a two-minute explanation, they hem and haw for a bit… and for a fleeting moment you can feel the struggle of trying to reconcile some rock-solid logic coming from an entrepreneur whom they know is not an idiot, and their own very concrete impression of Google Plus as a widely known failure. It’s like an immovable force is meeting an unstoppable object inside the brain. The easier answer and the incumbent usually wins in this situation. Here’s that two-minute explanation for the rest of you:

Google Plus’s user acquisition strategy is to methodically absorb certain verticals using the carrot instead of the stick.

Yes, of course Google could force most of us to use Google Plus begrudgingly tomorrow if it wanted to, but that’s playing with big, big, brand fire. And that’s not really who Google is at its core anyway. It has shown the will to resist sexy, positive impacts to the bottom line in order to hold onto who it is as a company and this is a good example of that. So how does Google do this?

Step one: Corral every single blogger. Have you used Google lately and noticed faces appearing next to certain posts? That’s called Google Authorship--bloggers can link their Google Plus profile to the content they create. Guess how many online writers see that and say “Eh, I don’t need to have that.” If you said “zero” you win a prize. All you need is a Google Plus account with a headshot to glue this up to all your posts, and it adds tremendous value to bloggers who can now claim their posts instead of having Google show a “stolen” version ahead of their own. Not only a tremendous value to the person searching (who is finding the person who truly generated the content) but also the content generator who no longer has to worry about this infuriating issue. In short--huge value and a 100% adoption rate of a specific vertical.

Step two: Attract every single small business and at least one of their employees. Want your business to appear on Google Maps, Google Local, et al., so that you can tell your prospective customers where you are, what you sell, and when you are open? Yup, you guessed it--you need a Google Plus Local Business page now. But again, Google isn’t forcing your hand, it’s adding value. Reviews, hours, pics, videos, local search--all housed in one place. And this account must be managed by a real person with a real Google Plus personal account. Now you have all small businesses as well as a new person in each business using Google Plus. See where I’m going with this?

Step three: Convince you, because all of those other things that you already love get better. Maybe you’re addicted to that new augmented reality game Ingress. Maybe your Google Plus profile makes it way easier to win. Or maybe you want better music, movie, or book recommendations--look no further than Google Plus. Want to find a community of skiers or chefs or race car drivers with a flick of the wrist? Or perhaps that hilarious video about that thing that you once emailed to a friend but can’t quite remember enough about it to find again? When you have Google Plus, those communities and that video just appear when you search for your best guess.

The point is, once Google Plus has every blogger, every small business, lots of gamers, lots of YouTubers, etc., actively using the product, they will continue to use all that new data to make even more of their products more awesome.

I know. You are still in the “no freaking way am I joining another social network” mode. But one day soon you will wake up and find out about that one little thing and it goes something like this:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
hangouts is really dope.

otherwise it doesnt cover any new ground and thats why it failed

google tried to half ass a social network when most social networks became what they were by introducing something new

facebook was the first 'real people' network, as opposed to myspace
linkedin was for job search
twitter is for groupies to follow their idols

google+ is for .... ?
This right here. Google+ has a lot of good features and looks nice, Hangouts is :ahh: but that's where it stops.

They should have picked a lane first and went hard so people get a general idea of what it's all about. People were not going to leave Facebook just like that, while all of their friends are there.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
facebook is bullshyt. Just because it has a billion users supposely dont mean its better. thats like saying iphone 5>>gs3 just because the iphone sold more....or ipad mini >>> nexus 7
google + is for techies and bloggers

but facebook is where the people are.. you can't have a social network without the community.

I'm sick of facebook personally.

I have noticed it has taken a hit lately. Most people seem to spend their time on instagram.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I enjoy G+ I was able to have hangouts with my classmates and got some schoolwork done.

Most stuff youtube trip on is on g+ like my court shows.

It has a ton of cool features.

I made a thread not too long ago talking about the screen sharing feature that you can use while in a Hangout just to let people know about it.

I helped my brother with some PC stuff with that feature. Sadly, the only people I interact with on it are my brothers. Everybody else doesn't even know it exists.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
but facebook is where the people are.. you can't have a social network without the community.

I'm sick of facebook personally.

I have noticed it has taken a hit lately. Most people seem to spend their time on instagram.

Everybody big up facebook yet no one uses it. Facebook is filled with intrusive ads and hoodrats. Google make money by using your data to show you personal ads. They also create a service like google+ and google now to show you relevant stuff. Google+ is another RSS feeder if you choose to use it that way. It also allows you to upload all your photos in the cloud and do hangouts. Everybody use G+. The white house uses G+ hangout along with musicians. Alicia keys had her listening session stream via hangout. The tool that google+ bring to the table is crazy. Its so good that facebook jacked it and been jacking it. Circle allow you to only see users post that you want to view. The community is dope. The phone community and sports are top notch. Exactly instagram is where everybody is at. Thats where grown people are at. G+ has a big photography community thats why they created a new big banner for your profile.

Google+ is your google profile. Its not for friends and families at this point. Google is still merging their services. Google+ is the social side of google. Yall keep putting G+ out there by itself. Its a hub like how google now is a hub for google services. Look at the navigation black bar on your chrome browser. Google+ is the profile to all of them. You wont be able to use these service to its full capability without signing into your google account. Gmail is the current hub because most people have gmail. Youtube and the play store switched over to google+ users. The reason being this is because you can easily delete your web history in one click and wipe your data. Notice that you have to sign into chrome browser?? and android.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
facebook is bullshyt. Just because it has a billion users supposely dont mean its better. thats like saying iphone 5>>gs3 just because the iphone sold more....or ipad mini >>> nexus 7
google + is for techies and bloggers

this has nothing to do with my post

facebook was the first social network platform that dealt with real people and let you stalk them and shyt

its only around now because its popular worldwide and most are content with what it has to offer

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
This right here. Google+ has a lot of good features and looks nice, Hangouts is :ahh: but that's where it stops.

They should have picked a lane first and went hard so people get a general idea of what it's all about. People were not going to leave Facebook just like that, while all of their friends are there.

They are not trying to take people away from facebook. Why would they create Facebook 2.0 :what:

when you sign up for facebook or twitter ot IG they ask you to scan for friends and family. G+ doesnt allow that. G+ is aimed at android users and ios users who want another outlet.....Its twitter with a conversational thread. Twitter= follow your interest. Facebook= follow friends

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
this has nothing to do with my post

facebook was the first social network platform that dealt with real people and let you stalk them and shyt

its only around now because its popular worldwide and most are content with what it has to offer

you ask what is google+ for.....its for tech bloggers, photographers and grown people with grown conversation :childplease:

How did they half assed a social network when they are the fastest growing social network ever. They also have the best community, video chat service, best mobile app, photo uploader and best looking site. Have you use social graph, facebook messenger chat or call, facebook groups or buy their shytty HTC phone from 2009??

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you ask what is google+ for.....its for tech bloggers, photographers and grown people with grown conversation :childplease:

How did they half assed a social network when they are the fastest growing social network ever. They also have the best community, video chat service, best mobile app, photo uploader and best looking site. Have you use social graph, facebook messenger chat or call, facebook groups or buy their shytty HTC phone from 2009??
most of that contingent just isnt big enough...and it has many other means of communication

shyt aint appealing enough either...

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
most of that contingent just isnt big enough...and it has many other means of communication

shyt aint appealing enough either...

and facebook is appealing because it has simps chasing puss. G+ is not for that. There is a freaks community.

The community >>>

if you dont know what that is then :ohlawd:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
and facebook is appealing because it has simps chasing puss. G+ is not for that. There is a freaks community.

The community >>>

if you dont know what that is then :ohlawd:
dude its supply and demand

teenage girls love facebook

'techies and bloggers' dont love google+

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Google make money by using your data to show you personal ads. They also create a service like google+ and google now to show you relevant stuff.

Facebook has more data to pull and to target.

Google built Google+ just so they had access to the same data that Facebook does.

And hoodrats? I guess that's true, if you're from the hood. I deleted my Facebook account a few weeks ago. When I left pretty much every single one of my family members, high school & college friends, and personal friends were on Facebook and active.

I probably only know 1 or 2 people who don't have one.