Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The Rockets needed this win so badly due to the slump they’ve been in. There’s been injuries and underperforming play from a couple guys, Jalen Green obviously in particular. Outstanding game for him tonight though, and it really seems like he simply needs to play faster. Hornets were right on time too, cause the Rockets were able to pummel them and sit guys early to ideally be more prepared for the second half of this back to back. Really good showcasing for Amen and Cam.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ime really help with amen because he’s coached Ben Simmons and he knows the things that Amen needs to do to make himself dangerously useful in the floor. He’s no longer just standing on the perimeter. He’s moving off ball and cutting . Best thing about him and Can is they finish above the rim versus Tate and Tari(with his smoked layups)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That’s the Jalen we need to see more of. FVV having 3 shots and 14 assists in comparison to that is so damn funny. Good to see Cam still playing like that. Can’t wait to get a healthy stretch from Tari where him and Cam are causing havoc.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That was another game the Rockets barely needed in order to shake a loss off. Up and down the roster everybody contributes and that’s how they have to win. Amen and Cam are such good players when you just hand them the keys. Eason coming back sometime should make that even better. Jalen continuing to read those tweets, and Sengun is still coming up big. Jalen and Sengun can very well work together despite both of their Stan-bases trying to run the other out of town.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why rush the process when the core is actually starting to be me together and play winning basketball. Our last coupe of wins have been in the back of our youths, not vets. Ime need to chill with trying to expedite the process. Have to balance the winning with the development of the core.like OKC is doing. Next year this core will take another leap and if they don’t then you can start looking at trading for upgrades

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d be surprise if any substantial trades happen this season with our core 6 became aside from winnng and developing, there’s also the issue of building a star for the fanbase. The fans might appreciate winning but they ain’t trying to see a mediocre product out there with older players. We ain’t trying to become the Brooklyn nets of the west competing for playin in spots. Plus it’s better and funnier cheering for young breakout stars. The Tillmans and front office see the energy from the crowd when amen and cam are contributing. The core have a chance to breakup. And become all stars and represent the team. Them
Days are over or never existed for FVV, Dillon, And even Bridges. Even with his polarizing play, I guarantee you if the Rockets did a fan poll f most popular players that’s the younger players would lead the polls. Only old player who might sneak in the group is maybe Boban.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
We gave Brooks and Van fleet horrible contracts and are stuck with em if our young guys end up surpassing them.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gave Brooks and Van fleet horrible contracts and are stuck with em if our young guys end up surpassing them.
FVV is serviceable. Plus his contract is basically an expiring next season. He’s still our only of on the roster. Amen is ballin but he’s not running the offense.. also I think FVV will come off the bench to finish that contract in Houston. You think he cares about starting or not if he’s making 40 making. He has value in the league. He’s basically our Mike Conley

Never was a big fan of the Brook’s contract but it’s not terrible. He’s a solid player when he’s not doing too much. His defense is overrated. At least since coming back from injury.