Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
They need to find a way to win on the road. 9 straight home wins and zero on the road is insane lmao

Seemed like Udoka just rolled with the hot hand when it came to Holliday. They had nothing for Sengun which was hilarious. Chet looked like a white Hasheem Thabeet out there.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team not score for 8 full minutes and still win a game :russ: :dead: They had Jokic on lock. Jabari didn’t score much, but I’ll take 10 boards and general defense any day. Udoka, FVV, and Brooks are truly culture changing guys. All three are dawgs it’s mostly permeates through the rest of the team.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Very much enjoyed it seeming like these guys targeting Wemby. It didn’t matter where he was on the court, they simply just played ball like he was French Hasheem Thabeet. Love Jabari impacting the game even without scoring much, but we need Jalen Green to do the same. What a game from Tari Eason, and that’s exactly what we need from a guy off the bench. Definitely showing why he’s here in the first place.

Brooks made his usual impact on defense, but I think tonight is the first time he was just unloading the clip with shots. He definitely doesn’t need to do that on a nightly basis. Good gritty win here with a lot of contributors.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Another good win and steady improvement from guys. Tari was really showing out tonight, and it just makes me anticipate what him and Whitmore can do together. Jabari did his thing as well and he’s adjusting to the game nicely.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Good back to back win. Really took advantage last night where the starters didn’t have to play a lot of Moya, and they really paid off tonight. Bari and Sengun were cooking like crazy. Also, Tari’s impact on the game is something else. They look like a totally different team with him.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
A couple rough losses these last few games regardless of who is or isn’t on the court. Philly should’ve been beaten without Embiid even if we didn’t have Brooks and JSJ. You can’t have Tyrese Maxey destroy you like that. Offensively Jalen, Sengun, and FVV had it going, but letting Maxey practically win by himself is disgusting. Jalen needs to show this more consistently, and they badly need an upgrade from Landale. Feel like eventually Tari and Whitmore will have to steadily be on the floor together.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
A couple rough losses these last few games regardless of who is or isn’t on the court. Philly should’ve been beaten without Embiid even if we didn’t have Brooks and JSJ. You can’t have Tyrese Maxey destroy you like that. Offensively Jalen, Sengun, and FVV had it going, but letting Maxey practically win by himself is disgusting. Jalen needs to show this more consistently, and they badly need an upgrade from Landale. Feel like eventually Tari and Whitmore will have to steadily be on the floor together.
Eason should be starting, as long as Brooks is out. There’s no reason Tate should be playing 35 minutes a game. Green played well offensively. Despite his stat line against Phoenix, he played like ass in that game. This was an actual good offensive game for him. I still would like to see more Whitmore, as opposed to guys like Holiday…and even Thompson, but I’m not sure what Udoka is up to.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Eason should be starting, as long as Brooks is out. There’s no reason Tate should be playing 35 minutes a game. Green played well offensively. Despite his stat line against Phoenix, he played like ass in that game. This was an actual good offensive game for him. I still would like to see more Whitmore, as opposed to guys like Holiday…and even Thompson, but I’m not sure what Udoka is up to.

Holiday didn't have the best game vs Philly but he's been a pleasant surprise this season. Thompson due to the injury is behind schedule and it is showing on the court big time. I'm certainly not a Tate fan, he plays hard but he's too small without a decent 3 point shot, so I agree about Eason starting if Brooks is out.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Solid win here. Sengun and FVV still providing consistency and Sengun building an all star case. Whitmore getting to shine with more minutes as Tari is out, Amen contributing with extra minutes, Jalen doing dirty work to cover up the roller coaster offense. Just have to keep up these types of games while Brooks is out. The defense will suffer but the offense has basically been doing its job until then.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
While a lot of us are hype about the Texans completely turning their franchise around, we gotta give a shout out to the Rockets for knocking off the Bucks on the same day. Can Whitmore is a player and looks better the longer he players. He’s basically the inverse of Cam Reddish. Love how Jeff Green continues to look like a steady veteran presence, he’s so reliable. Sengun continues to be a stud. I don’t know if he’s unlocked like this if Brook Lopez doesn’t back out of his deal here. Giannis may have done whatever he wanted (including playing football pretty much), but they didn’t let anybody else do anything, including Dame. Them being able to do that without Dillon and Tari is amazing.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The young core is growing but they’re definitely raw. Starting to see CamWhitmore search results increase. Jalen got some pressure. It’s weird though because Cam is more productive in a similar but Jsut simplified role. Jalen needs to work on his jump shot. That’s the big difference. Can hits hit open shots and Jalen doesnt. We saw Cam Jalen and Amen on the floor together at one point last night. NGL, I low key got excited when Fred fouled out. Because I hope it meant that the young core was goin to have to close this game out for a victory and it did. Sengun and Jabari stepped up. Amen brought the intangibles. Can kept the defense honest and Jalen wa a jsut out there. I want to win but I don’t strongly mind losing with the young core as long is it’s constructive and progressive. Theyre raw though. Defensive breakdown are everywhere with this core whenever Fred or Dillion isn’t involved