House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

Daps
I know

But I didn’t think Raleigh in particular would ever get to the point where a 300k house would have a block full of people swarming it like this with cars lining around the corner.

There is no way the south should ever have gotten this bad.

I get NYC, LA, and San Fran because these places are super dense and have limited space next to bodies of water.

When cities in the south that clearly have land to build/expand get like this it shows you how out of wack the demand is.

It's not just high demand, it's low supply because of all the large investors buying up houses and cities resistant to let more dense housing be built

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I know

But I didn’t think Raleigh in particular would ever get to the point where a 300k house would have a block full of people swarming it like this with cars lining around the corner.

There is no way the south should ever have gotten this bad.

I get NYC, LA, and San Fran because these places are super dense and have limited space next to bodies of water.

When cities in the south that clearly have land to build/expand get like this it shows you how out of wack the demand is.

I don't even get why the owners have such a low asking price in the first place.

This is in Mini City Northeast Raleigh, that's why...

It's one of the most dense neighborhoods in Raleigh, but it's also considered one of the worse areas in town, particularly North Raleigh. Locally it's not viewed as a desirable hood, it's large and dense (for Raleigh), lot of immigrants, eyesores, renters, and general noise. Granted, this is Raleigh, the "bad" areas here are not warzones, but this is an area whites and even some blacks tell people to avoid at night...

This same type of house is found in many other parts of Rgh worth signicantly more than $250k. It's the location more than anything else that has the price so low...

For the record, Mini City as a whole is about ~73.5% renter occupied, with a median home value of ~$188,600. The asking price is already high for the neighborhood...

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the population keeps growing in these cities, you can forget about a cool off.

Unless you are waiting for a catastrophic event, nothing is going to kill demand.

So in violation of basic economics, home builders won't look to profit by building more houses, until demand equals supply?

This isn't sustainable. May be in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years but things will level out.

But think homes will continue to appreciate at 18% per annum brehs :mjlol:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
So in violation of basic economics, home builders won't look to profit by building more houses, until demand equals supply?

This isn't sustainable. May be in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years but things will level out.

But think homes will continue to appreciate at 18% per annum brehs :mjlol:
lol at this not being sustainable.

Tell me what the house price was 20, 30, 50 years ago?

This is one of the reason why Immigrants pass black people so easily. Dumb negros telling everyone to wait wait wait, Immigrants come in and buy buy buy.