House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
lol at this not being sustainable.

Tell me what the house price was 20, 30, 50 years ago?

This is one of the reason why Immigrants pass black people so easily. Dumb negros telling everyone to wait wait wait, Immigrants come in and buy buy buy.
Are you saying Housing cost to average citizens is an unlimited concept?

do you know how much a house will cost in 10-20 years if this type of trajectory continues?????

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The really funny yet sad part is a low listing price is always a good strategy to get folks into a bidding war and eventually paying way more :francis:

To a degree. No point in having 300 ppl bid when you can raise the price appropriately and have 10 ppl bid. Achieves the same goal without all the nuisance

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

do you know how much a house will cost in 10-20 years if this type of trajectory continues?????

I think he is saying overall, the value of housing rarely decreases. While some people here are waiting for a downturn(not sure why though, they'll still have to pay more), immigrants will put their money together and live together to buy the house at whatever price and make it work. If the demand for a house is high now, it will take years for the demand to lower, especially when more apartments are being built at a much more faster rate in a lot of places. If these areas improve from the new residents, then the houses in the area will most likely rise in value.
Pretty much, get in where you fit in. :yeshrug:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place

Just look at the big cities in America, like NYC or SF.

Nobody owes you a limit.

Pray to the Market Gods for a crash is not a winning game plan. Yeah you might get lucky, but that's all it will be. Luck.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Happened in 08

Completely different circumstances and market.

The crash of 07/08 was due to the high number of “high risk” loans in the market combined with the adjustable rate mortgages. If memory serves me correct, the number of high risk loans in the market was over 45%.

In the current market there is less than 5% high risk loans. The market will
Balance out at some point naturally. But waiting for a crash is pretty ambitious to say the least.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Regulations were loose af in 08. nikkas could get mortgages with part time jobs. So the chances for defaults were really high. Now Banks are a lot more strict about how they loan out money compared to back then. Regulations increased since then as well. I don't see how you get another "crash" like 08.

A cool off? Probably but I wouldn't expect a crash like 08