House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Regulations were loose af in 08. nikkas could get mortgages with part time jobs. So the chances for defaults were really high. Now Banks are a lot more strict about how they loan out money compared to back then. Regulations increased since then as well. I don't see how you get another "crash" like 08.

A cool off? Probably but I wouldn't expect a crash like 08

yeah and there's a housing shortage . i dont think that shortage was in place in 08 . The pandemic fukked up our bubble burst

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Fair enough, but the overwhelming demand for houses will take years to die down, and competition to purchase one will still be there.
Here's another thing I didn't want to get into.

If you are a developer, why would you want prices to go down? There's no incentive to saturate the housing market. You're going to supply just enough to max revenue.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
People gonna be sitting around paying 2500 for a one bedroom apt talking “just wait til it crashes” 5 years from now. Demand has never been higher and supply is as low as it gets. Why would it crash?

This is the most sensible post in this whole thread.

There's too many misinformed posts in here so I wouldn't even know where to start, but I'll just say, I feel legitimately bad for some of you because you're way off with your line of thinking and it will inevitably hinder your ability to create a solid financial foundation for yourself and your family in the future.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
I reviewed some new data on the market supply in Atlanta this week.

As of right now, Atlanta has less than 1 month worth of condo listings available for sale (inventory). To give some insight on that - a balanced market usually has 6-7 months worth of supply/inventory. The single family home inventory is about the same.

As long as the inventory remains at historic lows, you can expect values to continue to skyrocket.

Home values in Atlanta have changed forever. There is no going back. The days of “moving to Atlanta because it is a cool city where you can get a nice house for cheap” is dead and gone.

I will pose a simple question for those in this thread that believe a crash is inevitable - what specific event/switch is going to take place that is going to drastically increase the number of homes for sale on the market?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go to bed. You're done here.

You have nothing to say, You got bodied.

Go pray to your House Market God that he gives you a 2 month price window. :pachaha:

You proclaiming that somebody got bodied? Based on what? Your opinion? On the internet? :childplease: nikka,(probably not) As I've said, talk this shyt to somebody who don't know any better.. the fact you think this is some type of contest says it all....... :smh: but don't worry... you gon learn..... oh yeah @Tom Foolery .... You Gon Learn...... :mjgrin:

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps

If you are a developer, why would you want prices to go down? There's no incentive to saturate the housing market. You're going to supply just enough to max revenue.

Great point. One of the bigger builders in the Atlanta metro area is developing a community that will have over 150 homes. They have a wait list 100’s of buyers deep…. In February the builder released a grand total of 2 lots for sale. 2… out of damn near 200.

The other factor in this is that after those 2 contracts were written, the builder had a $5000 price increase. And despite that, the wait list to buy in this community will only grow.

No developer is going to go out of their way to decrease prices and lose money. Not as long as the demand is this high.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
You proclaiming that somebody got bodied? Based on what? Your opinion? On the internet? :childplease: nikka,(probably not) As I've said, talk this shyt to somebody who don't know any better.. the fact you think this is some type of contest says it all....... :smh: but don't worry... you gon learn..... oh yeah @Tom Foolery .... You Gon Learn...... :mjgrin:
It's "You're going to learn".

Daps
Reppin
NULL

How do developers make money if they don't attempt to supply a demand? And who can buy if the cost is exorbitant just for standard housing...

High demand and low supply will lower prices. Got it. Maybe take an Econ class

I have... .get this rudimentary, tired narrative without any current societal, cultural, or political context the fukk outta here.....

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I'm not from Raleigh, but I definitely lived there lmao. Why are you so mad? I'm just stating I have no personal stake in debating you. And what I've repeatedly said is the population has spiked almost 30% over the last 10 years. I-40 can't even accommodate the population growth, as much as they're rigorously expanding lanes. Apple, Epic, Amazon, Insomniac...there's a ton of high profile companies there. What is the subtext here? Who hurt you?
Got a question tho, exactly what has improved about quality of life in that city? I know population growth leads to higher prices, but if the city is just a big ass parking lot where people have to drive all day to live, seems kind of sad to me,