House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
lol at this not being sustainable.

Tell me what the house price was 20, 30, 50 years ago?

This is one of the reason why Immigrants pass black people so easily. Dumb negros telling everyone to wait wait wait, Immigrants come in and buy buy buy.

I'll resist the urge to call you retarded and spell this out for you.

When the demand for a commodity is high relative to supply, that creates high prices relative to the actual worth of that commodity.

That price differential provides actors with an incentive to enter the market and make profit. But as supply increases, prices drop, until they are a fair reflection of the value of said commodity.

Depending on the friction within the market, it may take seconds (stocks, forex), or years (real estate) for supply to increase. But profit seekers will continue to enter the market until equilibrium is reached.

Historically, real estate has appreciated at 3% to 4% per annum. In the past year, real estate went up 18%. That is tied to abnormal demand, which can and most likely will get alleviated as more supply enters the market. There is no single developer who will indefinitely restrict supply to keep prices up; the market is fragmented and will expand as much as land and material will allow.

So, dumb negro (couldn't resist in the end), buy now if you want to. But there is no evidence that house prices will continue to appreciate at the rate we have seen over the past year. Mocking caution in this kind of market is something a smart dumb negro would do.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think he is saying overall, the value of housing rarely decreases. While some people here are waiting for a downturn(not sure why though, they'll still have to pay more), immigrants will put their money together and live together to buy the house at whatever price and make it work. If the demand for a house is high now, it will take years for the demand to lower, especially when more apartments are being built at a much more faster rate in a lot of places. If these areas improve from the new residents, then the houses in the area will most likely rise in value.
Pretty much, get in where you fit in. :yeshrug:

The value of a house rarely decreases, yes. However the rate of appreciation can, and has, fluctuated over the years.

If historically, you have seen an asset appreciate at 4%, over the past 30 years, and then in the past year it appreciates by 18%, do you

A. Hop on in the hopes that historical data is irrelevant, and this asset will continue to appreciate at significantly higher than what we have seen in the past?

B. Anticipate that in a return to the norm, future performance will underperform other assets for a while, as market dynamics correct the aberration seen in the previous year?

If the answer is B, then if you buy this year, then you're relatively fukked if you're relying on asset appreciation over the next 30 years.

Now, if financial return doesn't matter to you, and you just want to buy, and you can afford a property easily, sure, go for it. But if you're looking to buy a house because you think house prices will continue to appreciate at current rates, and they will not level to historical appreciation rates, then... :francis:

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
lol who was the jackass who said this isn’t a seller’s market???

I think it was @DJ Paul's Arm but I could be wrong .. it was def someone who's always in that AMC thread :mjlol:

Edit : My bad it was @Master Teacher :heh: :

I'm calling you names because you're not understand or trying to understand what I'm saying, you don't understand how real estate values work

houses only cost what people pay for them and it's passed on the zip code and square footage as well bed and baths

It's a buyers market people have been buying houses, that's why that house went up in price because housing in that zip code have been selling recently so the value went up

it's not that hard to understand, everything else you said about that isn't based on anything tangible or what I presented

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember now…it was @Master Teacher lmaooo

yall nikkaz is ignorant stop quoting, this happening proved my point

only morons buy houses for the listing price, the listing price is the maximum the house can sell off

you can put offers in below that

actually learn about real estate, and a difference between buyer's agent and seller agent

also nobody who is real estate savy buys LISTED HOUSES

nobody who is real estate savy will list their house with an agent, they will keep it off the market and do a private sell

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall nikkaz is ignorant stop quoting, this happening proved my point

only morons buy houses for the listing price, the listing price is the maximum the house can sell off

you can put offers in below that

actually learn about real estate, and a difference between buyer's agent and seller agent

also nobody who is real estate savy buys LISTED HOUSES

nobody who is real estate savy will list their house with an agent, they will keep it off the market and do a private sell

:mjlol:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
People paying 50k over asking price.
Not including 20% down.
No inspection.
Still need repairs.

shyt ain't fair out here.
Seen a 600 sq ft house with 3k sq ft yard completely gutted in my city today for 99k

:dead: