House is swarmed after being listed in Raleigh for under $300k

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
and this is in the (relatively) Small town SOUTH!

Thats the biggest thing i took from this vid...it aint just the big cities no more.

Raleigh not a small city breh, it’s close to the size of ATL

Mass homelessness = mass crime and robberies. Police can't stop multiple home invasions at once in a small area.

If anything this is why the wealthy aren’t worried. :gucci:

People take their frustrations out on people in the same or slightly better position than them. How many home invasions u think gone be in mansions? :jbhmm:

And damn this thread was a terrible read. Some of y’all argue like bytches. Matter fact y’all argue worst than bytches :hhh:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
yall nikkaz is ignorant stop quoting, this happening proved my point

only morons buy houses for the listing price, the listing price is the maximum the house can sell off

you can put offers in below that

actually learn about real estate, and a difference between buyer's agent and seller agent

also nobody who is real estate savy buys LISTED HOUSES

nobody who is real estate savy will list their house with an agent, they will keep it off the market and do a private sell
god damn, to be this loud and IGNANT is a TURRIBLE thing. out there struttin' and shyt.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A coli member should go buy it for $100k over asking price just because.:mjgrin:

I love the way the neighborhood looks too. :whoo:Looks chill as hell, unlike new developments.
Looks like every cookie cutter subdivision across the country. I actually hate neighborhoods that look like that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah, waiting on a crash or dip to happen so I can buy my crib. shyt is crazy out here

interest rates are going up, so it will cost u more to get a mortgage. but luckily housing prices and mortgage rates typically have an inverse relationship.

that means housing prices will drop as interest rates go up, which makes total sense.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Looks like every cookie cutter subdivision across the country. I actually hate neighborhoods that look like that.

No it don't.

This is a cookie cutter neighborhood.

58c1bf22402a6b83038b52df

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
No it don't.

This is a cookie cutter neighborhood.

58c1bf22402a6b83038b52df
That’s an actual cookie cutter neighborhood. Pretty sure a serial killer is brewing in that place.
But the one posted looks like every typical neighborhood and I hate that. That’s what I meant by cookie cutter. Not necessarily the same homes the whole block.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That’s an actual cookie cutter neighborhood. Pretty sure a serial killer is brewing in that place.
But the one posted looks like every typical neighborhood and I hate that. That’s what I meant by cookie cutter. Not necessarily the same homes the whole block.

What type of neighborhood you trying to live at?

My idea house is in a Historic district. Brink homes with brick driveways:wow:

I'm thinking Tudor style:jbhmm:

gettyimages-174710840-1561055570.jpg

These new houses ain't shyt though.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m a city guy. I don’t like the burbs. I live smack downtown Chicago. If I leave the city, I’m going out in the country. Damn near farmland status. Don’t want neighbors near me. But barring that if it doesn’t come to fruition for me, a home like the one you posted is very nice. Or a craftsman style home. The house you posted I imagine isn’t in a neighborhood that looks like the one in the OP.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
interest rates are going up, so it will cost u more to get a mortgage. but luckily housing prices and mortgage rates typically have an inverse relationship.

that means housing prices will drop as interest rates go up, which makes total sense.
In some markets this will be true. In a lot of hot markets, prices will remain the same or slowly increase. People gotta remember everybody not relying on a loan to buy a home and even those who are, if you well qualified you can afford a 1% increase in interest rate. Everybody not buying at the top of their budget. I’m in mortgaging, the only way I can see a mass correction happen is if we see an increase in inventory. Rates going up will make some homeowners not want to sell as they got in or refi with low rates which will further hurt the housing inventory.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wild.
I closed on a new house in Oct. 2020. The market was HOT then, my family was expanding so we wanted a bigger house (went from 1300sq ft to 3300sq ft)

We scheduled a viewing for the house the same day it was listed. After we saw it, we knew the market was ridiculous, so you have to make a decision fast. As we were leaving the viewing, there was an older couple walking up to view it. Me and my wife were like...

:mjtf:

"They don't need all this damn house, we trying to raise 3 kids here"

We hit up our realtor like, "Hey, we're going to write up a letter to the owners cause we really want the house"
:mjlol:

We drafted up this heartfelt letter about how I'm from the neighborhood and want to stay, babies on the way yada yada yada. It worked and we ended up getting it literally 2 weeks before my wife went in to labor.

The house appraised for like 20/25K more than what we offered, and now a year and half later, it's valuation is like over 100K according to the AI that the mortgage company puts out there. We had to go over asking price due to timing and a pregnancy, but luckily, it was before how things are now. People getting riiiiiiiiizaped in this market.