Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And folks wonder why rap & r&b & even modern rock is the way it is now ... they made many people like him in charge of quality control.

Yes even some rock had soul up until the mid Aughts.
Kinda on topic, early 2000s my man who I had not seen in awhile because he moved deep into Jersey was in Harlem and wanted to link up, get something to eat. I lived around the corner from Amy Ruth's (soul food spot) at the time and told him to come around. We meet up and he has this white girl with him, and he introduced me and shortly after we sat down he mentioned she just got a job being an A & R rep at Def Jam. I was like, "Wow, Ok." but didn't think much about it because we are catching up with each other.
Anyway, while we are talking and eating Lord Finesse walks in and sits at the table next to us. I'm like, "Oh shyt, Lord Finesse!". The girl he brought says, "Who's that?!" My friend runs down his resume and then says, "Wow, you're an A & R rep for Def Jam and I had to tell you all that?!" He was disgusted and embarrassed. :mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Rosenberg and Ebro aren’t even from fukking NY. The whole station needs a revamp.
Ebro was Hot 97 Program Director before he came on as a radio show host years ago.

I'm fine with Ebro. He was in the bay breaking records. Thats one thing. So was Sway. I mean Ebro KNEW the records though. AND he was dancing. Rosenberg couldn't even catch the STRICTEST of beats :laff:

Rosenberg has not ONCE impressed me.

And yeah, I appreciate the underground but you can't tell me you love 9th Wonder so much, then be confused when 9th Wonder is listening to R&B :laff:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Kinda on topic, early 2000s my man who I had not seen in awhile because he moved deep into Jersey was in Harlem and wanted to link up, get something to eat. I lived around the corner from Amy Ruth's (soul food spot) at the time and told him to come around. We meet up and he has this white girl with him, and he introduced me and shortly after we sat down he mentioned she just got a job being an A & R rep at Def Jam. I was like, "Wow, Ok." but didn't think much about it because we are catching up with each other.
Anyway, while we are talking and eating Lord Finesse walks in and sits at the table next to us. I'm like, "Oh shyt, Lord Finesse!". The girl he brought says, "Who's that?!" My friend runs down his resume and then says, "Wow, you're an A & R rep for Def Jam and I had to tell you all that?!" He was disgusted and embarrassed. :mjlol:
:picard:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
I posted this in the thread in the original post but I'll put it here cause it's still relevant and true.
it's pretty much true...

a person who didn't grow up on true r&b/soul or even gospel music from church can't really ever relate to hip-hop at it's essence. we all grew up listening to soul first then graduating to hip-hop as we got older. the older generation of rappers are great examples of this and you can tell that alotta rappers who ended up being famous really wanted to be al green/mj/marvin gaye/ron isley/stevie and fell in love with that type of music first. look at pharoahe monch, andre 3000, cee-lo green, phonte, mos, etc... you got these extremely dope rappers who either fell out of love with hip-hop or always wanted to be vocalists deep down inside and they have reverted back to their roots and are now barely or rarely rap anymore because the rap game changed and doesn't appreciate them like it should but soul was their first love and always has been there for them. shyt i don't blame them especially looking at the game now...now of these rappers in the generation will ever have any singers from this era to look up to and aspire to be with their auto-tune and off-key singing asses.

with that said, these two tracks are ones that really held me down in the 90's as a youngster pining over girls, have alotta sentimental value and are obscure enough to separate casuals from true lovers of the music IMO.

The irony is Peter is the same kind of uncompromising white boy that will slam the real MC's he dikkrides such as Mos Def, Phonte, Andre 3000 for wanting to sing instead of rap and not realize what caused them to start making music in the first place.

And I guarantee when MJ died this cracker didn't give one fukk...basically says that's all you need to know about his care for the culture.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I'll be the first to say that I'm not the most versed on the deep history of all this shyt but these nikkas pissing me off with the disrespect that they showing to Babyface and Teddy Riley but mostly Babyface. Like how the fukk they think this shyt is okay the fukk is this bullshyt. Man we need some actual black radio stations going over these battles.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
White folks dont understand that you cant love hip hop without loving R&B. R&B is embedded in the very fabric. Juicy is a hip hop classic but its a R&B song. Mtume will never be in Rosenbergs rotation even though its the EXACT same song. They cant replicate R&B thats why it doesnt resignate with white folks.
I posted this in the thread in the original post but I'll put it here cause it's still relevant and true.

The irony is Peter is the same kind of uncompromising white boy that will slam the real MC's he dikkrides such as Mos Def, Phonte, Andre 3000 for wanting to sing instead of rap and not realize what caused them to start making music in the first place.

And I guarantee when MJ died this cracker didn't give one fukk...basically says that's all you need to know about his care for the culture.
Rosenberg doesn't get why people dance to this: