Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Only genuinely cool ass whiteboys fukk with R&B, lol. I imagine somebody like Paul Wall probably fukks with R&B.

These corny ass wiggas who only like hip hop cause it's ghetto and rebellious don't fukk with R&B at all.
this. i would never expect Rosenberg to fukk with R&B outside of a few songs here and there...only super cool white dudes who might even mess with black girls fukk with r&b. or they just came up around more black folk than the avg white person.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
No one can know everything though. He is not big on Rnb like that...so what lol.
But he’s a self proclaimed old school hip hop expert. R&b and soul is the foundation for 98% of that shyt. Everything from sampled beats to random lyrics get flipped into hip hop. How you gonna refer to yourself as an authority or gatekeeper and not know where shyt comes from. And this dude has the nerve to get paid to speak so passionately and rank everything when he doesn’t even know what he’s ranking against. It makes me sick.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
How you gonna refer to yourself as an authority or gatekeeper and not know where shyt comes from. And this dude has the nerve to get paid to speak so passionately and rank everything when he doesn’t even know what he’s ranking against. It makes me sick.
This is really what it comes down to, him being a so called hip hop head aside, it's literally his JOB to know these things

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Of course we love and grew up on Hip Hop but R&B is the heart and soul of our musical foundation. shyt, even during the golden eras of Hip Hop (late 80"s-mid 90's) the wave was driving around with a banging system, bad chick on the passenger side, playing the hottest R&B joints of that time. All the gangster's and flyest hustlers from that era were on that type of time.
That make it last forever and in effect mode playing through some souped up system:wow: riding around in a Suzuki Sidekick listening to only you can make me happy :wow::wow: I miss those days man even though I was a little dude.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
No one can know everything though. He is not big on Rnb like that...so what lol.

Yeah people going over the top. Especially since I know a LOT of black people who aren't into R&B. A lot of these generation Z kids and even millenials don't know or care for it. They only know who's current.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
white boys who are into Blues almost always love R&B of the Southern Soul variety

white boys who love classic rock usually also love 60-70s R&B of all types

white boys who love Metal; they usually hate R&B

white boys who love 90s R&B are usually "wigger" types lol
fam, even Justin Timberlake would have handled a better reaction to this battle :mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
A great thing about Black folks and R & B specifically is we curate it perfectly. Not sure what it is like in other regions of the country but here in the Tri-state listening to WBLS all the worthwhile R & B released throughout the decades is played. What is considered classic is indeed classic. No filler, no favorites are being played based on something else other than music quality.
There is nothing better than driving around on a Sunday listening to WBLS. :banderas:
what's crazy is a lot of it came from ATL... even the acts "discovered" in NYC were from ATL.

My mind was blown when I learned 112 was from ATL :heh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That whole crew is garbage. Don't know why people regard E-bro and Rosenberg as the voices of hip hop..

stretch and bobbito>>>>>>>
Ebro is fine with me. He knows his shyt. He used to be the Program Director of Hot 97 before coming from behind the scenes.

In fact, the "classic" Hot 97 you're referring to was curated by Ebro in the first place.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If Pete positioned himself as a fan with a platform as opposed to an authority I don’t think the internet would come for him the way they do.

he’s gotta know getting put in any kind of Q&A type of environment as a hiphop head will get you exposed quickly if you run on an “I know my shyt” kinda wave

I don’t understand how the very nature of hiphop doesn’t make you curious about R&B/soul

I’ve been lead to some dope ass soul, R&B and obscure other genre artists of the strength of chasing down a sample source to know more
What does Rosenberg even think these producers were sampling?! :mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is really what it comes down to, him being a so called hip hop head aside, it's literally his JOB to know these things
I can't even expect to go on other radio stations and front like he has all these years and expect to keep a job.

This shyt is sheer privilege.

In fact, you couldn't be black, and know as LITTLE as he does and still keep his job.

Its.

In.

SANE!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That make it last forever and in effect mode playing through some souped up system:wow: riding around in a Suzuki Sidekick listening to only you can make me happy :wow::wow: I miss those days man even though I was a little dude.
some of these songs are the perfect sound system test standards :ohlawd: