Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Meanwhile you got views like this that keep him on air :snoop:

This is NO excuse.

I couldn't do this with ANY OTHER GENRE of music. Yet they let it keep happening to the black curators :dahell:

For fukks sake, even Drake was raised around carribbean culture and Tory Lanez too...

This shyt is just annoying me at this point :snoop:

The tweet is actually true and I wouldn't have a problem with it if Pete wasn't dismissive and disrespectful..

Fukk him

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The tweet is actually true and I wouldn't have a problem with it if Pete wasn't dismissive and disrespectful..

Fukk him
It’s not true. A 15 year old kid right now is learning how to play guitar by playing “Come As You Are” by Nirvana. If u into the genre. It ain’t an excuse at all.

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
If you wanna waste energy on it debate about it ... the shocking thing to me would’ve been him being hip to it. I wouldn’t expect him to know that culture. I wouldn’t even entertain a discussion with him about it
How can he be a hip hop authority without understanding the culture that creates it? R&B is a key part of that culture- hip hop samples it, draws from it and influences it etc

Its like being a bread authority but not knowing how yeast works :francis:

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
This is why I really don't care for Hip Hop at ALL. It's like a zoo for white folks. They can come and see the culture. Talk about it like it's a sport. Come in and out and what not and feel good about it.

R&B is BLACK, PERIOD. It's love, it's Black relationships. It's Black marriages. Even if you are white, you gotta go over the top to show us you down like Jon B. Ain't no zoo over here cac.

Cacs can't relate and that's the most beautiful thing about it. I listen to a min and a half of them and it was embarrassing. Rosenberg sounding like an out of place cac.

EPIC POST:wow:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Of course we love and grew up on Hip Hop but R&B is the heart and soul of our musical foundation. shyt, even during the golden eras of Hip Hop (late 80"s-mid 90's) the wave was driving around with a banging system, bad chick on the passenger side, playing the hottest R&B joints of that time. All the gangster's and flyest hustlers from that era were on that type of time.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Only genuinely cool ass whiteboys fukk with R&B, lol. I imagine somebody like Paul Wall probably fukks with R&B.

These corny ass wiggas who only like hip hop cause it's ghetto and rebellious don't fukk with R&B at all.

white boys who are into Blues almost always love R&B of the Southern Soul variety

white boys who love classic rock usually also love 60-70s R&B of all types

white boys who love Metal; they usually hate R&B

white boys who love 90s R&B are usually "wigger" types lol

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
This is why I really don't care for Hip Hop at ALL. It's like a zoo for white folks. They can come and see the culture. Talk about it like it's a sport. Come in and out and what not and feel good about it.

R&B is BLACK, PERIOD. It's love, it's Black relationships. It's Black marriages. Even if you are white, you gotta go over the top to show us you down like Jon B. Ain't no zoo over here cac.

Cacs can't relate and that's the most beautiful thing about it. I listen to a min and a half of them and it was embarrassing. Rosenberg sounding like an out of place cac.

:yes: talked about this in that R&B thread from a few years ago. I always say that most of these white vultures they don't know a damn thing about that Soulful R&B records from the 70s,80s,90s all the way to the early to mid 2000s. It's like it doesn't even exist to them outside of the records that really blew up mainstream-wise (Top 10 Billboard charts) . That true Black R&B doesn't resonate with them. They can't vibe to that soulful shyt. Just something you have to be born with.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
every black rap fan knows enough R&B to get by.

Even the hardest most street dudes like R&B.

Look at the songs they choose to flip and remix.

I mean 50 Cent's mixtape run was remixing classic R&B and Soul records.

I bet Rosenberg can't even relate to LL's "Hey Lover" or "doing it" or "paradise"... complete LAMES.

Hip Hop IS R&B
I don't disagree but you're forgetting there are people out there black and white that DONT KNOW rnb at all fam I have friends who don't know shyt

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A great thing about Black folks and R & B specifically is we curate it perfectly. Not sure what it is like in other regions of the country but here in the Tri-state listening to WBLS all the worthwhile R & B released throughout the decades is played. What is considered classic is indeed classic. No filler, no favorites are being played based on something else other than music quality.
There is nothing better than driving around on a Sunday listening to WBLS. :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

Fukk him

If Pete positioned himself as a fan with a platform as opposed to an authority I don’t think the internet would come for him the way they do.

he’s gotta know getting put in any kind of Q&A type of environment as a hiphop head will get you exposed quickly if you run on an “I know my shyt” kinda wave

I don’t understand how the very nature of hiphop doesn’t make you curious about R&B/soul

I’ve been lead to some dope ass soul, R&B and obscure other genre artists of the strength of chasing down a sample source to know more

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

Hard bars :wow:

You should @ Rosenberg with this in a tweet (before someone steals it)