Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
You can tell who listens/listened to real R&B and who doesn't based on which albums they can really speak about with some actual knowledge. Or if they can speak to the impact of the albums or the artists, when they dropped. If you were raised in the 70's or 80's, within a certain culture, chances are, you know R&B ran music for everyone back then. In the 90's, Hip Hop surged and blew up crazy, but the real ones know that R&B was still the shyt during that era too. It's soul, and based in the black experience. So that's not something you can fake or pretend to be down with, if you're not from the community or weren't there for when these albums dropped. Real R&B is hard to find these days, on a larger scale. But back then, it was in the forefront, and it was what you measured true talent against. There was a standard that had to be met.

Younger generations back in the day would go back and dig for those soul classics. You wanted to know what came before, so you could be up on all of the legends and get that experience. We would go dig for records that dropped way before our time because they were essential, especially if you considered yourself a music head or if you were making your own music. You had to be up on what came before and know what those older albums were about. Today, a lot of people don't really respect the past, or older classics or even know about them, at all. They're not going back and listening, and that's why the music is trash and the standard is so low today, lol. They don’t have anything to compare it to. What's going on now with R&B is exactly what happened to Jazz in the 80's. The standard has lowered and people don't respect the art form enough to really dig into it by going back and immersing themselves in all of the timeless joints that came before.

They'll latch on to underground Hip Hop, but swear they hate anything "commercial" or 'mainstream". That's usually done to overcompensate, due to them being from outside of the community. But these same people have a serious lack of knowledge on what the culture's offered over the past 40 years, and won't have any idea about R&B or even the real history of those same Hip Hop records they claim to revere so much. You see it all the time. Especially online.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Not even gonna waste my time and click play for 1 sec on them bum ass niccas's video. Like I said before, he's a clown. Always been a clown. Always will be a clown. But nicca's keep feeding him instead of starving him til' he go off and do WWE or sports radio full time and let them audiences deal with bullshyt, so it is what it is.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I would think the vast majority of people are casual fans of any particular genre.
I also don’t understand how it would be impossible to be a head but a casual R&B fan. The energy is different. Particularly for someone like Babyface.
It would be weird to be a head and despise all R&B, I don’t even know how that would be possible.

It is weird, but... I've seen it... some people, black/white/whatever, are 'heads' almost to a fault. Their knowledge/appreciation of anything else in music is limited at best. They might've dug that shyt when they were younger, but then got pulled into this abyss of rappity-rap and now it's the only thing in life for them. I couldn't fathom it, sounds devoid of fun and feeling, but it happens... yikes.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You can tell who listens/listened to real R&B and who doesn't based on which albums they can really speak about with some actual knowledge. Or if they can speak to the impact of the albums or the artists, when they dropped. If you were raised in the 70's or 80's, within a certain culture, chances are, you know R&B ran music for everyone back then. In the 90's, Hip Hop surged and blew up crazy, but the real ones know that R&B was still the shyt during that era too. It's soul, and based in the black experience. So that's not something you can fake or pretend to be down with, if you're not from the community or weren't there for when these albums dropped. Real R&B is hard to find these days, on a larger scale. But back then, it was in the forefront, and it was what you measured true talent against. There was a standard that had to be met.

Younger generations back in the day would go back and dig for those soul classics. You wanted to know what came before, so you could be up on all of the legends and get that experience. We would go dig for records that dropped way before our time because they were essential, especially if you considered yourself a music head or if you were making your own music. You had to be up on what came before and know what those older albums were about. Today, a lot of people don't really respect the past, or older classics or even know about them, at all. They're not going back and listening, and that's why the music is trash and the standard is so low today, lol. They don’t have anything to compare it to. What's going on now with R&B is exactly what happened to Jazz in the 80's. The standard has lowered and people don't respect the art form enough to really dig into it by going back and immersing themselves in all of the timeless joints that came before.

They'll latch on to underground Hip Hop, but swear they hate anything "commercial" or 'mainstream". That's usually done to overcompensate, due to them being from outside of the community. But these same people have a serious lack of knowledge on what the culture's offered over the past 40 years, and won't have any idea about R&B or even the real history of those same Hip Hop records they claim to revere so much. You see it all the time. Especially online.

ALLLLL THIS.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This man is Rosenberg's closest industry friend for damn near 13+ years ,& running

I really really wish some of y'all understood that backpacker mentality of "them vs us" & the extreme bias that comes with it.

Their only exposure into soul is whatever El-P Alc , Harry fraud , Rza , Dilla chopped up on whatever vinyl they bought from Fat beats ... they're a different breed of music fan cause to them

Words>>>>>>Flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sounds, in terms of music importance.

I know already breh. You don't have to tell me. I remember that underground backpacker movement in the early 2000s. Cringeworthy. They were basically elitists talking about what and what wasnt "real hip hop". Hilarious.

Last edited:

Magnum P.I.M.P.

Tumultuous Splendor
Daps
Reppin
Orca's c*nt
There's 5 people I personally know that have bodies on them

2 out of them EXCLUSIVELY listen to rnb...one of them's favourite singer is mariah carey, and he's a legit stone cold bredda

0 don't fucc with rnb

Your post is false facts

And btw, the mariah carey stan is 18 years old
Never said all G’s. Never said all squares. Do better and get out your feelings, brreeeuuuhhs.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dudes just wanna jump on a cac when they get a chance

Im usually all for that but not in this case.

He admitted he grew up in the burbs and his parents didnt listen to this in the house.

Also, if u know Peter, he's a giant wrestling fan and playing a subtle "heel" role on the panel.

He worked all the r&b fans into a frenzy :heh:
All Facts!

He shouldn't be taken that serious any way imo.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Lets not start succin justin's dicc now. He's another whole clown too :hhh:
I'll say this , at least he attempted to learn the history & respect most of the greats

90% of these muthafukkas dont even try to learn or respect it.

They expect us to know thier music , tv and media

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
There is nothing to dislike about Pete. He can’t know every single track from every era and genre.
He would rip most of this forum apart, have you seen his crates?

Stop reaching.
What about them?

Typical old skool hip hop head is into RnB.

What does his crates of hip hop have to do with his ignorance twords rnb?