Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Think Tank

51MTulYJoiL._SY355_.jpg

Green Balloon (a beautiful classic album and it just came out earlier last year)

green-balloon-tank-and-the-bangas-new-album-ants-release.png

Jam in the Van EP

e1OoB1zW6ErsJh5RbEj6tmj1f4Y1Ci08gyubeK7hGYEHDiXmfQeDnjZ5LcUsI35qL73BbwmLcl7nL-w3OwX_e-lF7AJj8s1yYYZg0pdu1OePXB7MnyL0LTPn8VAX5fqKXEZE6_jegbeyy7fspInyP6RDPX3q4e4SzyqKWqyQJkgjsFKUe4w0I6Ln0s7tPLgRQptWgwywUh56dMs8ryG2V0iopcBkIgCOh4P1-LcgXKTwEjvOvUQMtBr7vgq868JDe19j6zur-vflSRmzaO0

In that order. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s a fan of The Internet or Neo Soul or just feenin’ for something different in current R&B. They’re from New Orleans btw, they’ve hit it big in 2013 but were making local noise down there since 2011 doing intimate shows and circuit bids. They’re also regular performers at Essence Fest too, I wanna see them perform in person one day

Yeah i'm putting on Green Balloon NOW. That cover art spoke to me (i write). I got high expectations for this one.

Thanks breh, reporting from London :wow::myman::lawd:[/QUOTE]

Anytime breh :salute:

Whatcha think of them so far?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
What about them?

Typical old skool hip hop head is into RnB.

What does his crates of hip hop have to do with his ignorance twords rnb?

What makes this even funnier is that his crates are probably no more impressive than the crates of many others who actually know and appreciate all black music, not just the specific type of shyt he's into... and I don't just mean black folk. I'd be willin' to bet someone like Stretch Armstrong's or A-Trak's crates are waaaaay deeper than Rosenberg's... Rosenberg's shyt is only impressive to some cause he's "the nerdy white guy" who isn't supposed to know all that shyt so he's somehow "special" for that.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
And folks wonder why rap & r&b & even modern rock is the way it is now ... they made many people like him in charge of quality control.

Yes even some rock had soul up until the mid Aughts.

Edit: I got a PM from a poster telling me to clarify what I meant by "them" :beli: obviously I wasn't talking about Jews or whites cause I've known many who had "soul" growing up here in NYC but then again I shouldn't have to elaborate on it.

Smh. JDL on the coli?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
every black rap fan knows enough R&B to get by.

Even the hardest most street dudes like R&B.

Look at the songs they choose to flip and remix.

I mean 50 Cent's mixtape run was remixing classic R&B and Soul records.

I bet Rosenberg can't even relate to LL's "Hey Lover" or "doing it" or "paradise"... complete LAMES.

Hip Hop IS R&B

Cube and Biggie sampling the isley brothers

:wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
every black rap fan knows enough R&B to get by.

Even the hardest most street dudes like R&B.

Look at the songs they choose to flip and remix.

I mean 50 Cent's mixtape run was remixing classic R&B and Soul records.

I bet Rosenberg can't even relate to LL's "Hey Lover" or "doing it" or "paradise"... complete LAMES.

Hip Hop IS R&B
50 is from Queens which is different though. A lot of “real hip hop” dudes were not fukking with r&b in the 90s, admit it. Rosenberg is a lame who only semi understands one form of black music but let’s not act like 90s heads were fukking with Teddy Riley, Jodeci etc.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
50 is from Queens which is different though. A lot of “real hip hop” dudes were not fukking with r&b in the 90s, admit it. Rosenberg is a lame who only semi understands one form of black music but let’s not act like 90s heads were fukking with Teddy Riley, Jodeci etc.
dudes from DC, ATL, Miami, etc all like R&B. Its the dudes like Rosenberg out of his element.

Again with earth wind and fire vs Isley Brothers, he didn't know several songs. Which is just mind-blowing.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
dudes from DC, ATL, Miami, etc all like R&B. Its the dudes like Rosenberg out of his element.

Again with earth wind and fire vs Isley Brothers, he didn't know several songs. Which is just mind-blowing.

Isley Bros/EWF is a valid criticism of him. If you’re black you heard those songs from your parents every weekend. But 90s r&b like I said...that was not on the radar of “real hip hop” dudes. Which isn’t about race. They’re just losers who only listen to one thing and have terrible musical IQ.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Once again: R&B and Soul is the secret kryptonite to Hip Hop culture vultures

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/r-b...ryptonite-to-hip-hop-culture-vultures.646817/
This thread is the reason why The Coli is the best forum on the internet

You can't manufacture soul you either have it or you don't. Cacs out here think they're hip hop because they love J Dilla and Tribe but let someone make a reference to even a song like Contagious by The Isley Brothers and they'll be lost

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Don’t agree most of us never had the choice to fukk with this because this is what our older siblings cousins and parents were playing. The 90 heads were definitely fukking with The Gap Band Isley Brothers New Edition Ready For The World by default, they just didn’t want that mixed in with what they considered ‘Real Hip Hop’..

And many a backpacker were seen as corny anyways.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Don’t agree most of us never had the choice to fukk with this because this is what our older siblings cousins and parents were playing. The 90 heads were definitely fukking with The Gap Band Isley Brothers New Edition Ready For The World by default, they just didn’t want that mixed in with what they considered ‘Real Hip Hop’..

And many a backpacker were seen as corny anyways.
Most of what you listed were 80s groups. I’m saying the 90s saw a shift where there were people who only listened to hardcore rap, “real” rap etc. Ice Cube was dissing r&b at the time, “real” rap fans complained about “rap & bullshyt” etc.

I agree these people are lame. I just disagree that it means you can’t appreciate black music or are a vulture because a looot or black dudes weren’t fukking with that shyt. In terms of Rosenberg...I doubt he’s even listened to a Beatles album more than once if ever. He only cares about a segment of one music genre and is a loser.