Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg gets exposed AGAIN for not knowing the Teddy Riley and Babyface songs

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
:ehh: That’s literally where I’m at personally right now. I’m 27 and I’ve been feeling the stuff my mom grew up on more and more in addition to stuff from my generation that are actually of excellent quality in terms of subject matter as well as production. Funny thing with me is that I may have had a better transition than most at this stage since I actually grew up willingly being more into R&B, Neo Soul, Quiet Storm, and Urban Gospel rather than Hip Hop. Tbh, other than a few artists, I never really cared much for Rap music growing up. I kinda hated it lol. It wasn’t until 2011 that I actually started to become a Hip Hop head like that and that 2009 to 2013 period was when I was on some serious backpacker “real Hip Hop” shyt lmao :russ: Not that I regret it tho, it’s because of that “real Hip Hop” phase that I got hip to Joey Bada$$/Capital Steez/Pro Era, A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar and the rest of Black Hippy, Lupe Fiasco, Clear Soul Forces, Children of the Night/World’s Fair, Underachievers, Odd Future, Danny Brown, etc. As a matter of fact, it was during this time that I got hip to older Hip Hop shyt such as Wu-Tang Clan, all of NaS’ 90’s shyt, dived deeper into 2Pac’s catalogue, Gang Starr, etc.

Ey yo, I am the exact same. I'm not originally a rap fan like that, I was into rock, soul an reggae. Rock cus of my sister, the latter two, cus of my parents. Moving into south london and a chance viewing of the "moment of truth" vinyl and the "infamous" vinyl kickstarted my journey

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD

These are r&b hits from like the last five years and I could post even more. Gen z still fukks with r&b it’s just a different type

Since Gen Z and us 90’s-born Millennials listen to the same shyt for the most part, I’ll see you with these :wow:

:whew:

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
My nikka! (huge internet fan)

I’ve been hooked on The Internet ever since :banderas:

Syd is too fukking smooth with them vocals breh :noah: High-key wanna hear a Syd & HER duet

You should give Tank & the Bangas a lissen too fam[/QUOTE]

(Didn't wanna bog down the page with a bunch of links)

Whats a good place to start?

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I’ve been hooked on The Internet ever since :banderas:

Syd is too fukking smooth with them vocals breh :noah: High-key wanna hear a Syd & HER duet

You should give Tank & the Bangas a lissen too fam

Whats a good place to start?[/QUOTE]

Think Tank

51MTulYJoiL._SY355_.jpg

Green Balloon (a beautiful classic album and it just came out earlier last year)

green-balloon-tank-and-the-bangas-new-album-ants-release.png

Jam in the Van EP

e1OoB1zW6ErsJh5RbEj6tmj1f4Y1Ci08gyubeK7hGYEHDiXmfQeDnjZ5LcUsI35qL73BbwmLcl7nL-w3OwX_e-lF7AJj8s1yYYZg0pdu1OePXB7MnyL0LTPn8VAX5fqKXEZE6_jegbeyy7fspInyP6RDPX3q4e4SzyqKWqyQJkgjsFKUe4w0I6Ln0s7tPLgRQptWgwywUh56dMs8ryG2V0iopcBkIgCOh4P1-LcgXKTwEjvOvUQMtBr7vgq868JDe19j6zur-vflSRmzaO0

In that order. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s a fan of The Internet or Neo Soul or just feenin’ for something different in current R&B. They’re from New Orleans btw, they’ve hit it big in 2013 but were making local noise down there since 2011 doing intimate shows and circuit bids. They’re also regular performers at Essence Fest too, I wanna see them perform in person one day

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

Whats a good place to start?

Think Tank

51MTulYJoiL._SY355_.jpg

Green Balloon (a beautiful classic album and it just came out earlier last year)

green-balloon-tank-and-the-bangas-new-album-ants-release.png

Jam in the Van EP

e1OoB1zW6ErsJh5RbEj6tmj1f4Y1Ci08gyubeK7hGYEHDiXmfQeDnjZ5LcUsI35qL73BbwmLcl7nL-w3OwX_e-lF7AJj8s1yYYZg0pdu1OePXB7MnyL0LTPn8VAX5fqKXEZE6_jegbeyy7fspInyP6RDPX3q4e4SzyqKWqyQJkgjsFKUe4w0I6Ln0s7tPLgRQptWgwywUh56dMs8ryG2V0iopcBkIgCOh4P1-LcgXKTwEjvOvUQMtBr7vgq868JDe19j6zur-vflSRmzaO0

In that order. I highly recommend them to anyone who’s a fan of The Internet or Neo Soul or just feenin’ for something different in current R&B. They’re from New Orleans btw, they’ve hit it big in 2013 but were making local noise down there since 2011 doing intimate shows and circuit bids. They’re also regular performers at Essence Fest too, I wanna see them perform in person one day[/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm putting on Green Balloon NOW. That cover art spoke to me (i write). I got high expectations for this one.

Thanks breh, reporting from London :wow::myman::lawd: