Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
he said the song is whack. whatever else yall wanna talk abotu is irrelevant. you either disagree or agree with what he said. yall sensetive

emoney

custom user title
Daps
he said the song is whack. whatever else yall wanna talk abotu is irrelevant. you either disagree or agree with what he said. yall sensetive

that's not all he said

he also talked about "real hip-hop like asap rocky" :laugh:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Waka Flocka is 100x more hip hop than Starship

please stop

there's a difference between making hip hop that's not lyrical and not making hip hop at all

Who else that was performing on that stage got a song as soft and wack as Starship?

Whose to say she was going to perform that song? Rosenberg?

Really brave to see a man cherry pick what to pull from ones catalog. Kanye was at summerjam years back. Did Rosenberg tell him not to sing his non hip hop shyt? Yall embracing some sucka shyt.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
i fucck wit asap more than nicki so id agree wit em :manny:

i see what yall sayin about the "real hiphop" but he also said he likes when nicki raps. he listed songs i never heard cause i dont listen to er but he never dissed her as a rapper

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Starships is more hip hop than ASAP Rocky? No matter what you think of dude he's not doing uber pop shyt like Starships.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
rosenburg was also saying people started cheering when he said it. interesting

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The problem is not about the song being wack, he's called it wack on his radioshow 100 times. It's about him going on stage, presenting one artist and shytting on the headline when he's one of the hosts. And then furthermore shytting on her for not performing but not Wayne, Busta, Khaled and other dudes.

I mean if you're a dude over 15 and you don't co-sign that Starships is wack, something is wrong with you. So of course they were gonna cheer, but that's not where the problem lies. It was like when Kanye ran up on stage and didn't even shyt on Taylor Swift, he just said beyonce was the best. He got shytted on by all media.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
she shoulda shut his ass down with a dope performance for her fans.

i can see why people would think it was inappropriate to say that but oh well.

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
SMH @ but but but Rosenberg works at Hot 97 that's why it's wrong. Nah, because right after that you start talking about race. Y'all are the same clowns who wanted Punkmaster Flex to shyt all over Nicki last night. He works for Hot 97 too last I checked.

You all are defending white pop garbage to diss a white man that hates that same white pop garbage you all were hating on before the white man dissed it.

Rap fans. :snoop:

Close thread.

Btw, this was not cherry picking. I'm not sure who exactly was at summer jam, but i'm pretty sure their catalogs don't consist of songs like stupid hoe and starships.

If she would of gone on stage and clowned him this thread would of been totally flipped.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
she shoulda shut his ass down with a dope performance for her fans.

I agree on that, she should've gone on stage and spazzed on him. She could've spazzed on him for 10 minutes straight if she wanted to that would be some real hiphop for his ass.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whose to say she was going to perform that song? Rosenberg?

Really brave to see a man cherry pick what to pull from ones catalog. Kanye was at summerjam years back. Did Rosenberg tell him not to sing his non hip hop shyt? Yall embracing some sucka shyt.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Rosenberg said, "I know there's some chicks here waiting to sing Starships later, I'm not talking to y'all right now fukk that bullshyt."

Whether she was performing the song or not, he was talking to the people that came there to hear that song.

Whether you think ASAP or Waka are lyrical or would be considered real hip hop, it's still hip hop. Starships in no way, shape or form could be considered hip hop.

If people went to an country fest expecting Garth Brooks to be on his Chris Gaines shyt, and someone said, "I know there's some people here waiting to sing later, I'm not talking to y'all, fukk that bullshyt, I'm talking about real country" would people bash the dude because Cowboy Troy or some other not real country was on the lineup?

I don't doubt that people came went to Summer Jam expecting Nicki to do her Katy Perry shyt and Summer Jam isn't about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO.

Rosenberg is a clown and he tries way to hard, but he was right in this instance, i dont ever wanna hear a song like "starships" at a hip-hop event.