Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The problem here is that Nicki Minaj took a big L showing that she cares, for a dude like Rosenberg all type of recognition is winning. He's saying that he's been trying to get in touch with Nicki for 4 months, she's been acting like he doesn't exist. But now she shows that he means so much to her that she could disappoint thousands (millions if we count the internet) of her fans.

Now if she was going to show that she cares she should've just gone on stage and spazzed on him, standard hiphop shyt.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
she shoulda shut his ass down with a dope performance for her fans.

I argued this point some time back.

I'm gonna be real about this situation. Straightforward, no Bullshyt. I think that this new generation of hip-hop artists are too hung up on cliques and crews and have a feeling that if you're not young and don't approve of this new idealism, you're either old, broke, a hater or all three, which is complete garbage! The way nikki started reaching for excuses in that interview was cheap. So what you sold out in London? So what you sold more than anybody on that stage? So what you buy $5000 plates of food? So what you got money? So what you're doing this for the females, yet you make songs like stupid hoe and always talkin about bum rap bytches? All of that and you couldn't take one man's opinion? And then you have the nerve to wonder why people STILL don't have overwhelming respect for you?

:comeon:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I realize that...and I realize that he realizes that...yet somehow, he sat all of his "I love real hip hop" sensibilities to the side...and took the job

:ohhh:

When you do that...I'm not trying to hear your corny ass "real hip hop" highsiding...it becomes ridiculous at that point...it's like the bartender at the strip club telling me how bad liquor is for me and that I should be drinking wheatgrass juice instead...when you cherrypick when you want to jump back into preachy real hip hop mode, and pick soft target like Nicki Minaj...i know what it is

I can tell you have an anti establishment personality....YET...I'm sure u dont walk out on a job because the boss is white and the potential slave overtones there. He can love hip hop and work at a radio station. He gets a platform, meet and rub elbows with those involved in the culture he loves, etc. He can have an opinion on real hip hop because hip hop doesnt live in a box. I hope you're not that close minded.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Waka Flocka is 100x more hip hop than Starship

please stop

there's a difference between making hip hop that's not lyrical and not making hip hop at all

Who else that was performing on that stage got a song as soft and wack as Starship?

Youre still not gettin' the point...

If you so "real hip-hop" and representin' for the culture, and you're at a show filled with artists your fellow "real heads" don't listen to, and you just HAPPEN to toss a slight at the least threatening target and NO ONE ELSE... what can anyone call that except cherry-picking?

I'm not sayin' that in defense of Nicki cause it was still corny to pull out on the show, and definitely not in defense of that terrible song... but the shyt was like havin' beef with a crew and deciding that since you probably can't fight the others, you just gonna look tough by fukkin' up the softest one. I have yet to hear Rosenberg toss jabs at any other rapper as much as he's tossed 'em at Nicki over the last few months... and there's a lotta shytty rappers out there. Coincidence?

I don't knock the man for havin;' an opinion on a song, especially one that shytty, but he's not a kid or some slow Forrest Gump type muhfukka. He knows what he was doin' with that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Youre still not gettin' the point...

If you so "real hip-hop" and representin' for the culture, and you're at a show filled with artists your fellow "real heads" don't listen to, and you just HAPPEN to toss a slight at the least threatening target and NO ONE ELSE... what can anyone call that except cherry-picking?

I'm not sayin' that in defense of Nicki cause it was still corny to pull out on the show, and definitely not in defense of that terrible song... but the shyt was like havin' beef with a crew and deciding that since you probably can't fight the others, you just gonna look tough by fukkin' up the softest one. I have yet to hear Rosenberg toss jabs at any other rapper as much as he's tossed 'em at Nicki over the last few months... and there's a lotta shytty rappers out there. Coincidence?

I don't knock the man for havin;' an opinion on a song, especially one that shytty, but he's not a kid or some slow Forrest Gump type muhfukka. He knows what he was doin' with that.

Nicki is not some poor defenseless little girl he chose to pick on. This is the same chick that will diss lil Kim and any other "nappy head hoe" she sees fit, then pull her dikk out and piss on you. According to her she was the most popular therefore Powerful artist at Sumer jam. So he was actually going at the most difficult target. Also he would have been on stage for hours If he called everybody out. So he targets the ring leader the biggest perpetrator of this hip pop crap. Starships is by far the worst song any artist could have performed at the Hiphip festival

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nicki is not some poor defenseless little girl he chose to pick on. This is the same chick that will diss lil Kim and any other "nappy head hoe" she sees fit, then pull her dikk out and piss on you. According to her she was the most popular therefore Powerful artist at Sumer jam. So he was actually going at the most difficult target. Also he would have been on stage for hours If he called everybody out. So he targets the ring leader the biggest perpetrator of this hip pop crap. Starships is by far the worst song any artist could have performed at the Hiphip festival

You're right, Nicki isn't a poor defenseless girl... but line her up with everyone else on the bill, and which one looks least likely to step to him over some comments he made about their music? That's what I'm sayin'...

But truthfully, regardless of all that... it was unprofessional on both sides. It was unprofessional of a Hot 97 employee to dis a guest of Hot 97 at a Hot 97 event... and it was unprofessional and lame for that artist to pack up and go home, when really the only people she really stuck it to was her fans. Nobody paid for a ticket so they could hear Peter Rosenberg's opinion on what or who is real hip-hop... and I'm sure some people there def. didn't pay to have the artist they most wanted to see not perform.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
White man hit you in the face with a brick and nikkas argue amongst themselves.

Its so demonic.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I never listen to Hot 97 not do I care about this but I just listened to the song in question: "Call Me Maybe" is more hip-hop than that shyt :wtf:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:laugh: @ Hot 97 trying to act like they help Nicki get hot..

Gucci and Lil Wayne is responsible for blowing Nicki up..NY tagged on later like they do with everything else.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:smugfavre:
You're right, Nicki isn't a poor defenseless girl... but line her up with everyone else on the bill, and which one looks least likely to step to him over some comments he made about their music? That's what I'm sayin'...

But truthfully, regardless of all that... it was unprofessional on both sides. It was unprofessional of a Hot 97 employee to dis a guest of Hot 97 at a Hot 97 event... and it was unprofessional and lame for that artist to pack up and go home, when really the only people she really stuck it to was her fans. Nobody paid for a ticket so they could hear Peter Rosenberg's opinion on what or who is real hip-hop... and I'm sure some people there def. didn't pay to have the artist they most wanted to see not perform.

Nobodies really about that life anymore. Nobody was really gonna step to him over his comments. And his coments were purely on a music level, he didnt attack her personaly he attacked her music, there should be no reason for anybody to step to him over his comments

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:smugfavre:

Nobodies really about that life anymore. Nobody was really gonna step to him over his comments. And his coments were purely on a music level, he didnt attack her personaly he attacked her music, there should be no reason for anybody to step to him over his comments

Yeah but rappers are sensitive, bruh... these niqqas have rap beefs over corny shyt, get in altercations over shyt said on Twitter... and then they got people around them that'll always smack somebody or do somethin' reckless out of "loyalty" for the slightest little thing... and strangely, that kinda caught-feelings shyt is more likely to come from the male acts on the show than the female act. Only Drake woulda been a safer target than Nicki.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah but rappers are sensitive, bruh... these niqqas have rap beefs over corny shyt, get in altercations over shyt said on Twitter... and then they got people around them that'll always smack somebody or do somethin' reckless out of "loyalty" for the slightest little thing... and strangely, that kinda caught-feelings shyt is more likely to come from the male acts on the show than the female act. Only Drake woulda been a safer target than Nicki.

:childplease:Nicki and the entire ymcmb caugt feelings. Soowhoo blood gang, who else could he have dissed that could threaten him more? Young money is hiphop right now he couldn't have picked a more difficult target.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Uh....it's not that it's a shytty song specifically....it's that it's basically a Katy Perry style song. So that's why he "cherry-picked" her....yes there is a lot of wack rappers on the line-up, which one has a song like "Starships"? Her.

From "Take Over" to "Starships"....nope, rap definitely ain't fallen off, it's all in our mind. :upsetfavre:

Fred.