Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
It is a race thing breh. This is a black culture and ain't no white man going to tell me what "real" hip hop is. fukk that.

This is stupid man..... Steve Rifkind put out Wu-Tang and Mobb Deep... Every artist that released a pressed album in the past 15 years had to get a cosign from a white person for them to enter into your homes/computers/earphones. Who created MTV Raps? Like somebody else said, Rick Rubin. Tons of white people helped progress the art form you claim to love when it was still in its great form in the 90s..

And dealing with that hip hop is something white people cannot be apart of?... Thats like saying in the art world black people can't be apart of it, cause they aren't usually born into it....Black people couldn't have rock records or have rock groups, period, cause they aint born into it (We are talking modern, i recognized black musicians started traditional rock and roll, and then abandoned that culture soon afterwards for r&b and soul.). Kid Cudi and Wayne's records never come out, they can't, because they are not apart of that culture through birth....... Do you see how stupid this sounds, your saying every persons dreams and artistic aspirations can't be reached or achieved because of skin color, its racist and stupid....

Nevermind the final piece of it, Rosenbergs opinion was just a subjective opinion. A person who doesn't like politics can knock the president based off of one bill they don't like, can't they? I hated White Chicks (except Terry Crews parts), want to go off on me the messenger because i am white and i just "wouldn't understand" that movie....

I could care less if Starships is played on the radio, and i have the same opinion of Rosenbergs comments, just like i wouldn't care if he said he loves it

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
From "Take Over" to "Starships"....nope, rap definitely ain't fallen off, it's all in our mind. :upsetfavre:

Fred.

Come on Fred... cut that shyt out, b...

You know good and hell well that that song wasn't and isn't meant to be a rap song anyway. So to even take it and equate it to a Jay-Z song aimed at Mobb Deep and Nas is lopsided anyway.

I think this whole both sides of the fence approach Nicki took hasn't worked in her best interest at all, but I don't recall her ever promoting that song as a hip-hop record, nor have I heard of it getting play on many urban stations. How you gonna take a song CLEARLY not targeted for a specific genre and use it as an example for how the genre fell off? That's just a reach, esp. when there's enough wack rap songs out to drive that point home.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
This is stupid man..... Steve Rifkind put out Wu-Tang and Mobb Deep... Every artist that released a pressed album in the past 15 years had to get a cosign from a white person for them to enter into your homes/computers/earphones. Who created MTV Raps? Like somebody else said, Rick Rubin. Tons of white people helped progress the art form you claim to love when it was still in its great form in the 90s..

And dealing with that hip hop is something white people cannot be apart of?... Thats like saying in the art world black people can't be apart of it, cause they aren't usually born into it....Black people couldn't have rock records or have rock groups, period, cause they aint born into it (We are talking modern, i recognized black musicians started traditional rock and roll, and then abandoned that culture soon afterwards for r&b and soul.). Kid Cudi and Wayne's records never come out, they can't, because they are not apart of that culture through birth....... Do you see how stupid this sounds, your saying every persons dreams and artistic aspirations can't be reached or achieved because of skin color, its racist and stupid....

Nevermind the final piece of it, Rosenbergs opinion was just a subjective opinion. A person who doesn't like politics can knock the president based off of one bill they don't like, can't they? I hated White Chicks (except Terry Crews parts), want to go off on me the messenger because i am white and i just "wouldn't understand" that movie....

I could care less if Starships is played on the radio, and i have the same opinion of Rosenbergs comments, just like i wouldn't care if he said he loves it

I don't give a fukk. This is black culture. Damn, can't we have anything without white folks tryna take over the shyt? I'm sure you're white so just enjoy this music our race created, Stop tryna become the authority of the shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

You know good and hell well that that song wasn't and isn't meant to be a rap song anyway. So to even take it and equate it to a Jay-Z song aimed at Mobb Deep and Nas is lopsided anyway.

I think this whole both sides of the fence approach Nicki took hasn't worked in her best interest at all, but I don't recall her ever promoting that song as a hip-hop record, nor have I heard of it getting play on many urban stations. How you gonna take a song CLEARLY not targeted for a specific genre and use it as an example for how the genre fell off? That's just a reach, esp. when there's enough wack rap songs out to drive that point home.

All rosenburg said was that the song was not hiphop and it shouldn't be played at the hiphop show. You just agreed with him so how is he wrong? And why is she mad

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

If it wasn't meant to be a rap song then what is the beef with him saying he doesn't want to hear it at Summerjam, which is traditionally not geared towards Katy Perry sounding music?

And I didn't mean a direct comparison between the two songs, I meant the highlight of that Summerjam was Jay dissing Nas....the highlight of this Summerjam is YM catching feelings over something Rosenberg said about a pop record.

Fred.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Right, If a person can't voice his opinion on a subject because of his background and race.. then I can't speak on alot of world issues because i'm a black male. Imagine somebody from Iraq saying you can't speak on the war because you weren't brought up there, how stupid does that sound?

:snoop:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I don't give a fukk. This is black culture. Damn, can't we have anything without white folks tryna take over the shyt? I'm sure you're white so just enjoy this music our race created, Stop tryna become the authority of the shyt.

This is black culture? Hip-hop is what represents us? When Black history rolls around, am I suppose to buy my son the source magazine? The man was talking about a song and a artist, what does that have to do with black people?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All rosenburg said was that the song was not hiphop and it shouldn't be played at the hiphop show. You just agreed with him so how is he wrong? And why is she mad

I didn't say his opinion of the song was wrong... I said it's unprofessional to host a show and refer to the headliner of that show's song as "bullshyt". Whether I like the song or not (and I don't) is irrelevant... I'm speaking on how much of a crab move that was by the show's host.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:wtf:

Summerjam is organized by Hot97....which is owned by white people.

YM is an imprint of Cash Money Records, which is distributed by Universal....which is owned by white people.

I could go on. It's a bit late in the game to be concerned with white people "taking shyt over".

Fred.

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
i like how he said that back in the day if someone said somethin you disagree with then people would've got thrown off the stage and now that Nicki's man wants to punch him in the face he wants to sue anshyt. that makes a lot of sense to me :stopitslime: so i guess it would've been alright and he wouldn't have sued if the bul Safaree would've picked him up and gorilla press slam him of the stage.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
I'd like to consider myself as one of the biggest hater of Jews here, but this is ridiculous to bring race into this. It's sad actually, but not surprising.

We shouldn't back Nicki up because she's black, I don't give a fukk about that. She's trash, plain and simple. She doesn't contribute to our community, she doesn't represent our culture, she contributes to c00nery and represents herself. Look at her, she's been trying to sell out to the "white folk" anyway, she's been trying to look more white, and she has more white fans than she has black, that's her audience...so what's in it for us to back her up even IF she was right (which she clearly isn't).

Nicki pulling out the gender and race card speaks a lot about her. For those falling for it, speaks even more about them.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila

Yes, I'm white..... And hip hop will ALWAYS be black oriented, created culture...... As someone else already said, for the young, for the inner city, for black/latino..... I'm so cool with that. But all I am saying is, not only its somebody else's opinion, but you would have to embrace a white persons opinion if you have liked any artist in the past 15 years, ranging from Wu-Tang to LL Cool J to 2 Chainz to NWA.... I was just pointed out the hypocrisy in some statements by people on this board that happen all day

I love this board tho, everybody make me laugh like crazy on here most times... Just trynna get me serious discussion going for a second

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't say his opinion of the song was wrong... I said it's unprofessional to host a show and refer to the headliner of that show's song as "bullshyt". Whether I like the song or not (and I don't) is irrelevant... I'm speaking on how much of a crab move that was by the show's host.

Regardless of whether or not it was a crab move, Nicki could've went in on him like she did Lil Kim. She could've took the stage, tore shyt down, and made him look foolish. Instead she didn't show....which I'm sure he could give a fukk less about. She only hurt her fans.

Fred.