Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

emoney

custom user title
Daps
If it were Stretch or Bobbito up there spitting that, no one would say a word or question their intergrity seeing that they didn't affiliate themselves or work with the corporations that create the very Nicki Minaj's Rosenberg is against.

It's cherry picking at its finest and he isn't qualified.

Rosenberg plays his standard issue "underground" :krs: tracks on his sunday night show...but during the daily morning show, they play the same playlist pretty much everybody else does...if he was some kind of "real hip hop" patron saint defending the integrity and pureness of the genre from the reproach of evil mainstream influence, a job at Hot 97 as a morning show host is the last place he would want to be...if that were the case, he wouldn't be able to get through a single day of work without being reduced to tears arguing about the music they play...but that's not the case, he knows when to put that bullshyt on the back burner and do the job he's paid to do every morning...and sticks that "real hip hop" mantra b.s. out there selectively as an angle to try to endure himself to people that fall for it...picks a soft target like Nicki and run with it as ongoing narrative...it's like burger king putting some "real fruit smoothies and new salads" on the menu, putting some vegatables on their bags, and pretending BK is now some kind of "healthy alternative"...it's bullshyt

Of course he didn't. LIke his "embrace" of hip hop, he cherry picked who to go after.

:what: rosenburg is a lame....i'm not understanding how flex had to fall on that sword instead of him. it was a number of wack artists scheduled for summer jam and he didn't say anything about them

Because he would have gotten punched in his shyt if he said that about a nikka like Waka.

so their spin now is that she was scared to perform :shaq2:

flex was riding for hot 97 :manny: that's his thing. but the president of the label said we are not going to let this dude disrespect our flagship artist, and they are coming out and attacking nicki, not wayne, not busta rhymes, not khaled

emoney

custom user title
Daps
To me, it's a question of arrogance and hiding behind standards that you in turn and who you're affiliated with do not practice.

That's my issue with Rosenberg which is bigger than Nickki's corniness that we as well as he did know Nickki is about coming in to Summer Jam. Dude played selective with who he went at while not looking at who signs his paychecks and how his association contributes to the thing he claims to be against and stands for.

It's phony....and too many white dudes who dart in an out pieces of the culture arrogantly think they can be authors of it. You see it in all aspects when their hands are involved in defining black culture. If he respected it like he claims, he wouldn't affiliate himself with the bs contributing to its decay.

He's the equivalent of an Occupy Wall Street protester who works a 9 to 5 at 60 Wall.

you and long live the kane are bodying this thread with every post :clap:

some of these posters are so blinded by their dislike of nicki minaj and cash money that they don't want to acknowledge the hypocrisy of flex & rosenberg and the arrogance and unprofessionalism of hot 97

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps

some of these posters are so blinded by their dislike of nicki minaj and cash money that they don't want to acknowledge the hypocrisy of flex & rosenberg and the arrogance and unprofessionalism of hot 97

^coming from the male point of view.

i dont think every female agrees with her running.
REAL bytches that are hard in their lyrics fight bakk.
those who are fake are all bark and no bite.
she had the opportunity to bite...she ran

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I understand the hypocrisy of hot 97, they play the bs all the time.
I think some of you dudes are so blinded by your hate for hot 97 that you dont see the hypocrisy in attacking the white dude for attacking the black girl for trying to appeal to white people, the entire situation is laughable.

Yes nicki is a sellout, yes theese dudes are clowns, we as hiphop fans shouldn't support any of this bs.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
coming from the male point of view.
i dont think every female agrees with her running.
REAL bytches that are hard in their lyrics fight bakk.
those who are fake are all bark and no bite.
she had the opportunity to bite...she ran

to be honest with u, for me it's not even about her

I take issue with fake phony people trying to jump up all of a sudden and pretend to be for real hip-hop WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT AND SAFE

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
to be honest with u, for me it's not even about her

I take issue with fake phony people trying to jump up all of a sudden and pretend to be for real hip-hop WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT AND SAFE

I get your point. but some are zealous with their beliefs and dont care about convenient and safe. and noone is fake here...only minaj.
minaj has threatened kims life in her lyrics and shes said stupid shyt bout white girls...all that raggedy ann shyt and strawberry shortcake shyt, that here she gets clowned by a proclaimed jew and doesnt go on stage and do that song where shes talking bout a synagogue to shyt on the jew??
shes a liar and blaming wayne.
shes a soft bytch from laguardia. trust.
all bark. no fukkin bite.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I understand the hypocrisy of hot 97, they play the bs all the time.

I think some of you dudes are so blinded by your hate for hot 97 that you dont see the hypocrisy in attacking the white dude for attacking the black girl for trying to appeal to white people, the entire situation is laughable.

Yes nicki is a sellout, yes theese dudes are clowns, we as hiphop fans shouldn't support any of this bs.

not at all

nicki minaj crossed over...everyone accepts that

my problem is with disingenuous people like rosenberg and funk flex

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nicki Minaj dissed her fans. You got women who drove hours from other states and paid good money to see her. This was the highlight of their summer and they couldn't see her because somebody said somethin, its not like there was a problem with a promoter not paying. She didn't even stand up for her fans, she coulda went out there and said FUKK Rosenberg!

Its like a baby momma who gets at a father by not lettin him see his son meanwhile the son suffers from not seeing his father. YM shytted on their fans period and nobody talkin bout that, weird fukkin world...

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This issue speaks more about Nicki's overly inflated ego than anything else. It's disgusting that people can't have an opinion on the state of the rap game now, regardless of the color of your skin.