Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some dudes will just defend anything, he said 1 of her songs is wack (which I agree with). Now he ain't allowed to say his opinion bc he is a man and she is a girl? Or bc he is a white boy and she is a black woman?

How bout this...go to summerjam and rip that shyt down straight hip-hop and say fukk Rosenburg!

:obama:

"B-b-but we know our VALUE!" :scusthov:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
haha I'm listening to starships now :laff:

it sounds like sum LMFAO meets Pitbull shyt. its awful as fukk, but i never hear it anywhere. like i said, ya'll must be playing that shyt yourselves. :youngsabo: turn off the radio and plug your ipods in brehs

its easy to avoid this wack stuff. yall must like it on the low :youngsabo:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:obama:

"B-b-but we know our VALUE!" :scusthov:
If it were Stretch or Bobbito up there spitting that, no one would say a word or question their intergrity seeing that they didn't affiliate themselves or work with the corporations that create the very Nicki Minaj's Rosenberg is against.

It's cherry picking at its finest and he isn't qualified.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'll agree with its wasnt the right time to say what he said, however him saying that the song is wack shouldn't be as big a deal as it has. Nikki has crossed over, crossing over doesnt have the same stigma it did in the past. Of course she gonna make records to get burns on other stations. She is getting her paper and there aint shyt wrong with that. Now with that said aint nothing wrong with saying that ONE song is wack.

Like I said b4 u disagree then take ur ass on stage tear the shyt down, bring out NAS & Lauryn Hill and all your other guest and then say fukk Peter E. Rosenberg! Thats hip-hop!

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I been dissin the song but i wont lie, a couple weeks back I was dancing/fist pumping with my white colleagues to this at a work night out :mjpls:

I'd never put it on the ipod tho

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
flex was the one who was talking about ending her career how she dont have the streets and shes gonna flop...

rosenberg has the real hip hop schtick, dude is a non entity. YM are some babys

so their spin now is that she was scared to perform :shaq2:

flex was riding for hot 97 :manny: that's his thing. but the president of the label said we are not going to let this dude disrespect our flagship artist, and they are coming out and attacking nicki, not wayne, not busta rhymes, not khaled

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it were Stretch or Bobbito up there spitting that, no one would say a word or question their intergrity seeing that they didn't affiliate themselves or work with the corporations that create the very Nicki Minaj's Rosenberg is against.

It's cherry picking at its finest and he isn't qualified.

So ultimately who cares?

The message is valid but you dont like the messenger? :stopitslime:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This whole thing is retarded brehs

One random DJ throws out a lil sublim before introducing a different act and an entire label pulls the plug with good reason?!

How b1tchmade is that? Get on the stage where your fans are waiting for you and diss whoever tried to sh1t on you! WTF happened to this genre?

Embarassing

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
This whole thing is retarded brehs

One random DJ throws out a lil sublim before introducing a different act and an entire label pulls the plug with good reason?!

How b1tchmade is that? Get on the stage where your fans are waiting for you and diss whoever tried to sh1t on you?

Embarassing

Basically.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
I realize that...and I realize that he realizes that...yet somehow, he sat all of his "I love real hip hop" sensibilities to the side...and took the job

:ohhh:

When you do that...I'm not trying to hear your corny ass "real hip hop" highsiding...it becomes ridiculous at that point...it's like the bartender at the strip club telling me how bad liquor is for me and that I should be drinking wheatgrass juice instead...when you cherrypick when you want to jump back into preachy real hip hop mode, and pick soft target like Nicki Minaj...i know what it is

that's a real black and white way to look at things

so, if you love "real hip hop" you can't take a job at a radio station because they don't only play real hip hop?

shyt, i'm sure you love the world and support making the earth a cleaner place. does that mean that you should only buy recyclable toilet paper and never put something in the trash can that can be recycled?

naw, because it's unreasonable and impractical to live life like that

but, i'm sure when you remember, you'll toss a sodacan in the recycle bin, and you might cop notebook with recyclable paper, because you do what you can to help out.

rosenberg ain't a nikka that goin around denouncin mainstream radio and shyt and callin for the end of the radio business because he knows that ain't how the world works

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:what: rosenburg is a lame....i'm not understanding how flex had to fall on that sword instead of him. it was a number of wack artists scheduled for summer jam and he didn't say anything about them

Because he would have gotten punched in his shyt if he said that about a nikka like Waka.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I can honest to god say, I've never finished listening to that song. I listened to like a minute of it when somebody dropped the link when it leaked, but I quickly deleted the browser it was in.