Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
It is a race thing breh. This is a black culture and ain't no white man going to tell me what "real" hip hop is. fukk that.

Man F that! That startship joint is not real hip hop and it shouldn’t matter what your skin color is to speak on hip hop b

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Rosenberg plays his standard issue "underground" :krs: tracks on his sunday night show...but during the daily morning show, they play the same playlist pretty much everybody else does...if he was some kind of "real hip hop" patron saint defending the integrity and pureness of the genre from the reproach of evil mainstream influence, a job at Hot 97 as a morning show host is the last place he would want to be...if that were the case, he wouldn't be able to get through a single day of work without being reduced to tears arguing about the music they play...but that's not the case, he knows when to put that bullshyt on the back burner and do the job he's paid to do every morning...and sticks that "real hip hop" mantra b.s. out there selectively as an angle to try to endure himself to people that fall for it...picks a soft target like Nicki and run with it as ongoing narrative...it's like burger king putting some "real fruit smoothies and new salads" on the menu, putting some vegatables on their bags, and pretending BK is now some kind of "healthy alternative"...it's bullshyt

you realize that during the morning show they have no control over what gets played? mainstream radio is a business which consists of giving radio play to whatever is hot. nobody on a morning show chooses what to play, the whole purpose of the morning show is the talk portion. when Rosenberg actually does HIS show, the show HE CONTROLS, he plays what he wants which is how he does his part for "hip hop"

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I really could give a fukk about Peter RosenBERG's opinion on hip hop... Much like how I could give a fukk about most white people's opinions on hip hop....:manny:

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
who controls what nicki minaj creates but nicki minaj?

That's not the point. The point is, his superiors are the ones spinning what Nicki creates.

Why isn't he getting angry at them for playing what he doesn't consider hip hop?
Don't complain about "what's not real" while working for an outfit that pushes it.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:what: rosenburg is a lame....i'm not understanding how flex had to fall on that sword instead of him. it was a number of wack artists scheduled for summer jam and he didn't say anything about them

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
you realize that during the morning show they have no control over what gets played? mainstream radio is a business which consists of giving radio play to whatever is hot.

I realize that...and I realize that he realizes that...yet somehow, he sat all of his "I love real hip hop" sensibilities to the side...and took the job

:ohhh:

When you do that...I'm not trying to hear your corny ass "real hip hop" highsiding...it becomes ridiculous at that point...it's like the bartender at the strip club telling me how bad liquor is for me and that I should be drinking wheatgrass juice instead...when you cherrypick when you want to jump back into preachy real hip hop mode, and pick soft target like Nicki Minaj...i know what it is

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:what: rosenburg is a lame....i'm not understanding how flex had to fall on that sword instead of him. it was a number of wack artists scheduled for summer jam and he didn't say anything about them

Of course he didn't. LIke his "embrace" of hip hop, he cherry picked who to go after.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique

flex was the one who was talking about ending her career how she dont have the streets and shes gonna flop...

rosenberg has the real hip hop schtick, dude is a non entity. YM are some babys

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I think his problem is he used to like nicki. This is where it started. He didnt have a problem with nicki until this

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
how are yall hearing Starships?

I remember watchin maybe 30 seconds of the video when someone posted it on SOHH and turning that shyt off. I dead ass couldn't tell you how the beat sounded or how the chorus went. Unless I'm hearing the song around the city and simply not realizing its her song, I can truly say with no lie that i never heard this shyt :wtf: and I listen to music every day

so you nikkas who are acting like its the most anti-hip hop damaging song ever must be listening to that wack shyt on your own :youngsabo:

yall got some explaining to do. the only Nicki Minaj song I hear anywhere is that one that goes "I wish that we can live this moment for lifeeee" << now thats a fukking song I hate

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
fukk I want to hear some damn Peter Rosenberg's opinion on Hip-Hop? fukk out of here. I expect it from the white boys on here but if any of you nikkas back him over Nicki, than you're certified c00n. :sitdown:

They preying on this young sistas downfall a bit too hard.