Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

212 doesn't exactly fit the shyt that Rosenberg was fiending to hear at the festival and she actually performed that. Nicki probably wasn't even gonna sing Starships. shyt is a house track at this "real hip-hop" convention he claimed everyone was there for. Maybe if she had a platinum plaque to her name, he woulda said something

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
What should have happened was Rosenberg not saying that shyt. You DON'T clown your headlining artist when you work for the station and expect them to just sit back and take it. Thats hip-hop to me. fukk the establishment, fukk you, i don't need you. Since when has bowing down to the media fukking over you become "real hip-hop" And I know the majority of the Booth are white so I won't win this argument based on the numbers alone and you want to hold your spot in hip-hop but just know that Rosenburg would have gotten his ass kicked if he did that to most male artists.

I agree with you on that.... And if he got his ass kicked, hell it really wouldn't have bothered me much at all either....

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
:dj2:

trip hop >>>>> hip pop

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't say his opinion of the song was wrong... I said it's unprofessional to host a show and refer to the headliner of that show's song as "bullshyt". Whether I like the song or not (and I don't) is irrelevant... I'm speaking on how much of a crab move that was by the show's host.

He said it at a pre show hours before nicki's set, not even on the main stage to people who probly weren't even nicki fans. And he didn't even really go in on her. He could have said a lot worse. You dudes is just sensitive like some bytches.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
212 doesn't exactly fit the shyt that Rosenberg was fiending to hear at the festival and she actually performed that. Nicki probably wasn't even gonna sing Starships. shyt is a house track at this "real hip-hop" convention he claimed everyone was there for. Maybe if she had a platinum plaque to her name, he woulda said something

:wtf: at "a house track at a real hip-hop convention". You aren't familar with Jungle Bros I take it....because a rap/house track is far closer to "real hip-hop" than "Starships".

Fred.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
:wtf: at "a house track at a real hip-hop convention". You aren't familar with Jungle Bros I take it....because a rap/house track is far closer to "real hip-hop" than "Starships".

Fred.

I am familiar with it. I also know the people that were there to see A$AP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar and Big K.R.I.T. probably didn't care to see her. It's also quite possible that the broads that were likely there to see some "Spaceships shyt" were probably down to see Banks sing "212" and prance on stage.

Yet Starships wasn't even likely to be performed. At this point in time she has more tracks she could burn through than just that one song. If you believe what she says, she had Nas and Lauryn Hill on the docket, the song with Beenie Man, Beez In The Trap (which is probably the song EVERYONE was gonna be checking for). It's like being worried that Jay-Z would show up at Summer Jam and sing Ghetto Techno

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
smh @ you clowns now knowing how much Rosenberg loves this hip hop shyt.

ignore his skin color for a min, do ya research. He lives this.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
smh @ you clowns now knowing how much Rosenberg loves this hip hop shyt.

ignore his skin color for a min, do ya research. He lives this.

blah blah blah

he was out of line

he has worked in radio long enuff to know that what he said and the timing of what he said was inappropriate

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Regardless of whether or not it was a crab move, Nicki could've went in on him like she did Lil Kim. She could've took the stage, tore shyt down, and made him look foolish. Instead she didn't show....which I'm sure he could give a fukk less about. She only hurt her fans.

Fred.

she's apparently planning a concert in the NY/NJ area for fans that didn't get to see her perform at Summer Jam

emoney

custom user title
Daps
The problem here is that Nicki Minaj took a big L showing that she cares, for a dude like Rosenberg all type of recognition is winning. He's saying that he's been trying to get in touch with Nicki for 4 months, she's been acting like he doesn't exist. But now she shows that he means so much to her that she could disappoint thousands (millions if we count the internet) of her fans.

Now if she was going to show that she cares she should've just gone on stage and spazzed on him, standard hiphop shyt.

Lil Wayne made the decision for the whole YMCMB to not perform. Nicki actually planned on performing. Notice how you didn't see Busta, Ace Hood, Khaled, Drizzy etc.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
If it wasn't meant to be a rap song then what is the beef with him saying he doesn't want to hear it at Summerjam, which is traditionally not geared towards Katy Perry sounding music?

if it wasn't meant to be a rap song then why would Rosenberg feel the need to comment on a non-hip-hop record @ a hip-hop festival?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What should have happened was Rosenberg not saying that shyt. You DON'T clown your headlining artist when you work for the station and expect them to just sit back and take it.

Summerjam is the headline, they dont have a headline artist on the bill. The ticket doesn't promote any artist, it promotes the festival.

Thats hip-hop to me. fukk the establishment, fukk you, i don't need you. Since when has bowing down to the media fukking over you become "real hip-hop" And I know the majority of the Booth are white so I won't win this argument based on the numbers alone and you want to hold your spot in hip-hop but just know that Rosenburg would have gotten his ass kicked if he did that to most male artists.

Rosenberg wouldn't have gotten his ass beat by anyone. If that were true, that really just goes to show YMCMB is some p*ssy's cause they aint do shyt.

This whole thing is stupid. Who the fukk cares if he dissed a song she wasn't even planning on performing? And he did it hours before her set and on a different stage. Who really gives a fukk? Rosenberg is a clown, he disses guests on his show during interviews. Who cares what he says?

you gonna let a random comment from a non-consequential dj, that no-one even gives a fukk about, stop your whole squad from perfmorming their set?