Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Regardless of whether or not it was a crab move, Nicki could've went in on him like she did Lil Kim. She could've took the stage, tore shyt down, and made him look foolish. Instead she didn't show....which I'm sure he could give a fukk less about. She only hurt her fans.

Fred.

And I agree on that, which I also noted.

It was a crab ass situation all the way around.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
:ohhh:

*Notices how the white folks stick together....takes notes*

Man, almost all white people i know care less about their fellow white man. They care about themselves and their families, and will cut your throat if you come between them and that success... If racism comment are an excuse to be used to benefit them, then they use it.......... I think this is all people though in general

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

*Notices how the white folks stick together....takes notes*

scheme.gif

Fred.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im Black, hip-hop is a part of Black culture (hip-hop is not the only representation, just a part of the larger Black culture) but in this instance the cac was right. "Starships" is not a hip-hop song and has no place at a hip-hop show. Its that simple

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
im Black, hip-hop is a part of Black culture (hip-hop is not the only representation, just a part of the larger Black culture) but in this instance the cac was right. "Starships" is not a hip-hop song and has no place at a hip-hop show. Its that simple

She wasn't even performing that song, he came out before her show and called one of her songs bullshyt. fukk all the ohh it's a pop song, dude straight clowned her and put her in a bad spot. She was bringing Nas out, what's more hip-hop than that? Funny Nas, one of the best hip-hop artist ever will jump on stage to rock with Nicki but you mufukkas still act like she ain't keeping it funky. Not to mention she was bring Foxy out too. The white boy was wrong, point, blank, period. Bet 98% of the fukker in this thread hate on T.O when he was just so called "being honest" but love when this white dude clowns on Nicki.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Yeah, ya'll are wildin' talkin about HOT97 like they don't play real hip hop all the time, probably more so than any other MAINSTREAM radio station

of course they gon play the popular shyt that's out, cos that's the business of radio

but when niccas like Flex do his show, and Rosenberg do his show, and Mr Cee and the rest of them cats do their shows, they really go in and play real hip hop shyt

i mean Flex just had a legendary mix that he dropped a couple months ago I believe. where else in 2012 are you turning on the mainstream radio and hearing Craig Mack Get Down Remix?

KCAL 93.5

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
She wasn't even performing that song, he came out before her show and called one of her songs bullshyt. fukk all the ohh it's a pop song, dude straight clowned her and put her in a bad spot. She was bringing Nas out, what's more hip-hop than that? Funny Nas, one of the best hip-hop artist ever will jump on stage to rock with Nicki but you mufukkas still act like she ain't keeping it funky. Not to mention she was bring Foxy out too. The white boy was wrong, point, blank, period. Bet 98% of the fukker in this thread hate on T.O when he was just so called "being honest" but love when this white dude clowns on Nicki.

Rosenberg was wrong, no doubt.... Not only was his station the people the put her on the show (completely stupid) but when in black and white, this person is performing that day and you knock her when she is about to perform, thats not cool either...... The only fact that makes it not look as bad was he did this in the beginning of the day at the "stage 2" stage, where artist like kendrick lamar and schoolboy q were performing and he was rallying that type of crowd who would see those shows, so not like he was making many "barbs" feel out of place, because they weren't likely there..... How it should have went down, he shouldn't have said it, and when he did, he should have apologized and nicki should have performed, that simple.......... And Wayne is a bytch for not even trying to make this thing work after Rosenberg fukked up like that

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She wasn't even performing that song, he came out before her show and called one of her songs bullshyt.

So? he was right, the song is bullshyt.

fukk all the ohh it's a pop song, dude straight clowned her and put her in a bad spot.

So he dissed her, so what? This is hip-hop. Jada dissed Beans in Philly at the Powerhouse show and you know what Beans did, he hit the stage later on at the same show and dissed back. As I said, this is hip-hop.

She was bringing Nas out, what's more hip-hop than that? Funny Nas, one of the best hip-hop artist ever will jump on stage to rock with Nicki but you mufukkas still act like she ain't keeping it funky. Not to mention she was bring Foxy out too.

So what? The song is still trash.

The white boy was wrong, point, blank, period. Bet 98% of the fukker in this thread hate on T.O when he was just so called "being honest" but love when this white dude clowns on Nicki.

I love when anyone clowns on Nicki

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think we're almost at our quota for the use of the phrase "cherry pick" :skip:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
So? he was right, the song is bullshyt.

So he dissed her, so what? This is hip-hop. Jada dissed Beans in Philly at the Powerhouse show and you know what Beans did, he hit the stage later on at the same show and dissed back. As I said, this is hip-hop.

So what? The song is still trash.

I love when anyone clowns on Nicki
Oh shyt was Jada throwing the Powerhouse show in Philly? Did Beans do him a favor and come perform at the show he planned? Damn I didn't know breh.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh shyt was Jada throwing the Powerhouse show in Philly? Did Beans do him a favor and come perform at the show he planned? Damn I didn't know breh.

whatever man. this is hip-hop. step up or step off. nicki stepped off

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Rosenberg was wrong, no doubt.... Not only was his station the people the put her on the show (completely stupid) but when in black and white, this person is performing that day and you knock her when she is about to perform, thats not cool either...... The only fact that makes it not look as bad was he did this in the beginning of the day at the "stage 2" stage, where artist like kendrick lamar and schoolboy q were performing and he was rallying that type of crowd who would see those shows, so not like he was making many "barbs" feel out of place, because they weren't likely there..... How it should have went down, he shouldn't have said it, and when he did, he should have apologized and nicki should have performed, that simple.......... And Wayne is a bytch for not even trying to make this thing work after Rosenberg fukked up like that

What should have happened was Rosenberg not saying that shyt. You DON'T clown your headlining artist when you work for the station and expect them to just sit back and take it. Thats hip-hop to me. fukk the establishment, fukk you, i don't need you. Since when has bowing down to the media fukking over you become "real hip-hop" And I know the majority of the Booth are white so I won't win this argument based on the numbers alone and you want to hold your spot in hip-hop but just know that Rosenburg would have gotten his ass kicked if he did that to most male artists.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why are people actin' like this show was fukkin' Rock the Bells or somethin'? :dwillhuh:

Summer Jam ain't exactly the backpack fest of the year... so all this "ooooh a pop song at a hip-hop show!" (that she WASN'T gonna perform), y'all are overlooking that most of their main lineup wasn't what them Rosenberg types would call "real hip-hop" either. Unless Trey Songz is real hip-hop now... :ld:

Ah well... point is, she's a sucker for leavin'... Rosenberg's a sucker for his comment... and Flex is a sucker for inheriting the beef at the show and then becoming a punk on air.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Uh....it's not that it's a shytty song specifically....it's that it's basically a Katy Perry style song. So that's why he "cherry-picked" her....yes there is a lot of wack rappers on the line-up, which one has a song like "Starships"? Her.

Fred.

Does 212 count? Because Azealia Banks was on that stage not too long before Rosenberg went up there.