Honorable Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop hasnt done shyt for community in 50 years!!"

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
What hip-hop has ultimately done is absolutely DESTROY the image and reputation of the black man & woman worldwide.

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black man to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers..... basically "dusties".

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black woman to oversexualized, ratchet , masculine thots.

Hip-hop has turned into a modern day Minstrel Show that continues to broadcast the worse stereotypes of black people to a worldwide audience affecting ALL OF US.

Hip-hop is one of the absolute WORSE things to ever happen to black people as a collective.

C. Delores Tucker was right all along.
So what was the image and reputation of black men and women before hip hop destroyed them?

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
I’m confused on what rap is supposed to do for a community in general.

Music is art.
The music industry is a business.

Am I supppded to expect that something will come from it other than those two things?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
What hip-hop has ultimately done is absolutely DESTROY the image and reputation of the black man & woman worldwide.

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black man to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers..... basically "dusties".

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black woman to oversexualized, ratchet , masculine thots.

Hip-hop has turned into a modern day Minstrel Show that continues to broadcast the worse stereotypes of black people to a worldwide audience affecting ALL OF US.

Hip-hop is one of the absolute WORSE things to ever happen to black people as a collective.

C. Delores Tucker was right all along.
That was the image of black folks long before hip hop. Why do you think they always complained about how we were portrayed in tv and movies?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
U can see how hip hop change starting in 1993 and the booth made a thread on it

U had public enemy, x clan , poor righteous teachers, pharcyde, souls of mischief and others promoting positivity, black power , black colleges, etc etc

Then dre and snoop took off and then u seen the change with artist.. run dmc went from adidas to timbs and hoodies , mc lyte went from cha cha cha to needing a ruffneck and other artist as well change.. ice cube was islam, then he became west coast gang gang … even R&B artists like jodeci went from soulful music wearing starter hats and matching white clothes to the next album wearing timbs and having tats..

And rap has become a low iq, mumbling and stumbling, lean using addicts

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
"But, but, what has he done?"...I swear, some of yall are forcing yourself to deflect because no way this many people on The Coli are this dumb. I just refuse to believe it. I legit be in disbelief every time I'm on here.

Did you know that even if a talking ant told you the truth, it's still the truth???

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
:russell:

No one asks rock artists what they’ve done for the white community
Because no one preached about “rock and roll CULTURE” like it’s some shyt to live by.

Ppl made hiphop more than music. They said it was our VOICE and it became a LIFESTYLE.

What is jazz culture? R&B culture? Pop (music) culture?

You have rap- the music, the art form, and Hiphop- the “culture”.

Yea ppl want to assess what it has done for the culture because it has such a stronghold on our people.
You have athletes who try to emulate Hiphop artists and what they rap about.

Y’all blame young girls and say boys crash out because they want to impress them. NO. They are crashing out to impress other guys and live up to the images pushed in HIPHOP

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The dumbass that Umar was debating said that drug dealers benefited the black community, and yet y’all come straight in here and spend more time shytting on Umar instead :why:
Found out through the thread that he’s that Mouse dude. I hate him so I didn’t care lol. What he said was stupid af though

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Because no one preached about “rock and roll CULTURE” like it’s some shyt to live by.

Ppl made hiphop more than music. They said it was our VOICE and it became a LIFESTYLE.

What is jazz culture? R&B culture? Pop (music) culture?

You have rap- the music, the art form, and Hiphop- the “culture”.

Yea ppl want to assess what it has done for the culture because it has such a stronghold on our people.
You have athletes who try to emulate Hiphop artists and what they rap about.

Y’all blame young girls and say boys crash out because they want to impress them. NO. They are crashing out to impress other guys and live up to the images pushed in HIPHOP
:damn:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

:myman:

But naw it needs to be said because these dudes will gaslight TF out of you if you don’t lay it out.

We are the only ppl making music into a LIFESTYLE and it’s had disastrous results.

They let a few black men get rich and we danced and danced and didn’t pay attention to what we were dancing to or the messaging

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I’m confused on what rap is supposed to do for a community in general.

Music is art.
The music industry is a business.

Am I supppded to expect that something will come from it other than those two things?

So how do the same rules of decorum and decency in music art the world over dont apply to hiphop?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The problem I have with this is it makes it seem like hip hop is a organization. He completely ignores the fact that there has been plenty of rappers who have given back to the community and have created countless jobs and opportunities for others
We can agree that it has had small benefits, but those small benefits doesn't cover the destruction it has caused in totality. Hiphop has legitimately corrupted and poisoned the mind of our community. It has amplified and glorified the worst of our community to our children and future generation. It's been more destructive then what people claimed movies would do