Honorable Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop hasnt done shyt for community in 50 years!!"

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
nikkas with podcasts that don’t even know the difference between an institution and individuals, speaking on the condition of Black ppl SMH

But I bet you they can tell you about the latest beefs in Hiphop and gossip on the Shade Room in detail.
That's technological advancement :russ:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Hip hop always claimed to be more than a genre of music.

Who’s posting here who doesn’t know that …

You know the elements? The founders? The message?
breaking, graffiti, knowledge, djing, beatboxing right? ....kool herc on sedgwick early seventies right?

and it migrated to the park.. power from the street light made the place dark.. but yo they didnt care, they turned it out!! 🎵

:dame:

i wish the dj was more involved these days. whats gonna happen once people like primo are too :flabbynsick: to go on? what will rap be like in ten years? its spooky. i wish i lived closer to the east coast. i would love to see where it all started, without being on some :mjpls: shyt lol

idk.. it feels like the public doesnt really care about "classic" rappers like they do about rock stars. people will pay to watch phil collins shyt his diaper on stage but mf doom's family has to sue to get his notebooks back. its fukked up, but what can you do :yeshrug:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
That's technological advancement :russ:
BRUH!
The nikka couldn’t even admit that Hiphop glamorized the exploitation of Black women.

Started stuttering talmbout:
“W-wh-whatchu mean? u-u-uh, I’ll say popularized”
Mannn if u don’t get tf up out my face with this bs :camby:
lebron-james-leaving.gif

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Yeah apart from millions of jobs and opportunities created for marginalised groups (smart ones made it/got out of poverty while crash test dummies maintained the status quo)..its like the grifting game, some missed their opportunity and still begging for donations while others transformed and are making legit money.
:mjlol:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
:unimpressed:

Who cares if black people made rock?

The point is, since the 60’s it has been a white led genre. But no one expected rockers to help out white communities.

I didn’t realize all black artists have to be activist, Dr. Umar.
You know why right? White people had the government.

It's a dumb comparison.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What hip-hop has ultimately done is absolutely DESTROY the image and reputation of the black man & woman worldwide.

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black man to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers..... basically "dusties".

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black woman to oversexualized, ratchet , masculine thots.

Hip-hop has turned into a modern day Minstrel Show that continues to broadcast the worse stereotypes of black people to a worldwide audience affecting ALL OF US.

Hip-hop is one of the absolute WORSE things to ever happen to black people as a collective.

C. Delores Tucker was right all along.