Honorable Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop hasnt done shyt for community in 50 years!!"

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Cacs called rock the devil's music and tried to get many artists banned off radio.

Rock was also invented by black people and was shunned by cacs who called it "black music" and questioned its effect on their communities

This was not a good comparison breh
:unimpressed:

Who cares if black people made rock?

The point is, since the 60’s it has been a white led genre. But no one expected rockers to help out white communities.

I didn’t realize all black artists have to be activist, Dr. Umar.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
84Y5uc.gif

He’s not wrong….

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Hes right..
But attack the messenger
What has he done for the black community
I noticed that you Farrakhan keypad mobsters love this rhetoric with no solutions
nikkas talk all this stick talk behind these devices but what are you doing outside this dying forum
I also notice how you weird Kufi nikkas stay putting on for this false prophet but if it’s anybody else :dead:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What has he done for the black community
I noticed that you Farrakhan keypad mobsters love this rhetoric with no solutions
nikkas talk all this stick talk behind these devices but what are you doing outside this dying forum
I also notice how you weird Kufi nikkas stay putting on for this false prophet but if it’s anybody else :dead:

All the above is my point proven :mjlol:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he's right at all "Hip-Hop" is a genre of music and in some aspects a culture that people partake in.
However, Hip-Hop is not a PAC, it's not a political party, it's a fukking loose coalition of musicians who do roughly the same
thing.
The problem has been and always will be this desire to place the entire future of Black Americans in the hands of rappers and trumpet players.

They're very good at what they do, which is entertaining but they're not politicians or leaders and reducing Black political organizing and
political thought to fancies of people who are artists firsts and foremost and miles away from Freedom fighters is not only unrealistic
but in the frankest terms...fukking stupid.

Umar himself a cartoonish caricature of legit political figures like Kwame Ture.
Just a clown in a dashiki with a loud mouth that doesn't actually do shyt or speak power to the people.
The problem is Hip Hop artists & black entertainers in general are often pushed as the “voice” of the black community. This leads to people asking how has the community benefited.

We have to stop putting them as spokespeople & also allowing the media & actual politicians to do it.

But wait when we do (see the Meg/Kamal) people cry about it.