Honorable Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop hasnt done shyt for community in 50 years!!"

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What hip-hop has ultimately done is absolutely DESTROY the image and reputation of the black man & woman worldwide.

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black man to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers..... basically "dusties".

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black woman to oversexualized, ratchet , masculine thots.

Hip-hop has turned into a modern day Minstrel Show that continues to broadcast the worse stereotypes of black people to a worldwide audience affecting ALL OF US.

Hip-hop is one of the absolute WORSE things to ever happen to black people as a collective.

C. Delores Tucker was right all along.
BULLSH!T. First of all, why are we acting like all rappers are the same? Read what you said. Does this apply to Kendrick? J Cole? It reminds me of some chick who was online saying Sexxy Red made black women look bad. HOLD UP. At what point did we nominate SEXXY RED to be the sole representation of black women??? So we'll just ignore all the other positive black women in media, and say SHE is the representative of black women? Yes there are negative images of black people in hip hop - "dusties" as you called them. But to be honest there are drug dealers and gang bangers in our community. There are also doctors, lawyers, teachers, a fukkin President, and others in our community too. What you seem to have fallen for is a racists excuse to be racist. Oh look at these particular rappers over here acting like gang bangers. THEREFORE, all blacks must be gang bangers right? :dahell: Oh because these rappers have a little fame, that is the image of black people. Do you see any other race/ethnicity allowing themselves to be defined by their entertainers?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Snoop has done more damage to the black community with this his "bytches aint shyt" and "crip" rhetoric that he promoted in his music for 30+years.

What u said was funny

Because it amazes me with Snoop being 50 plus and he rap songs today he still out here yelling he throw up the blue/crip sign but he and his family his far from the hood of long beach today

And we know he tells his kids unlike his audience and listeners “ you know daddy just doing this for show, you stay in this private school and rich house enjoying life”

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
what millions of jobs?

95% of the executives, live nation, management, entertainment lawyers, ticketmaster, label owners etc are Jews
Maybe should have said LOADS of jobs and opportunities, and those are not the only roles/opportunities the music industry has on offer for people to succeed or lead a decent life.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it... we all love rap (most dont even know what hip hop actually is or care for that matter). That dont mean we gotta cape for it at every turn. As a young dude, I had numerous arguments, sometimes heated, capeing for bullshyt. So trust me, I get it.

Too many of us understimate the importance and impact of culture. Mainstream rap has shaped culture. We are all impacted by and subject to the influence of culture.

Kids dont want to be normal anymore. Boys wanna be thugs. Girls wanna be whores. Its either that or you are a lame. How do we benefit from 8 and 9 year olds twerking and/or singing every lyric to some gangbang or sex anthem?

I see multiple people referring to parenting and personal responsibility. And there is undeniable truth there. However its also true that we all defy our parents at some point and once we get into our teens whats cool and our friends trumps our parents.

You as a parent can do your best raising your child. You are still sending them into a world where anti social, illegal, dangerous, ignorant shyt is what is considered cool. People shyt on Drake for being fake tough. But why is he putting on this act? Why has he become so huge while putting on this obvious act? Because regardless of what people say or try to spin it, its a necessity to be accepted and to achieve a certain level of success. Now sure you can point to Kendrick and Cole but they are stupid talented outliers. It aint a million new Dots and Coles out there. Meanwhile there is a new tatted, gangbangin, death selling nikka and his stripper counterpart becoming the new hotness every week. You can love something, and still call shyt what it is.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’m completely aware of the elements and the message and the founders and I’m down with the cause but ultimately it’s a music genre at its core and why in the world would I want to put my fate on a music genre? It’s like, yeah hip hop hasn’t done the best to help the community but maybe putting all your hopes and putting all these expectations on a music genre is utterly unrealistic and it would always sizzle out, due to the nature of humanity. Hip hop in the 70’s and 80’s was flash in the pan and it stopped being Afrocentric consciousness in the wider mainstream a decade later.

It’s just naive as shyt.
Yea- YOU GET IT.

IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG PPL WHO DON’T COME FROM HEALTHY HOUSEHOLDS WON’T GET IT UNTIL THEY MATURE AND IT’S TOO LATE.

This is the same reason people who make it purposely separate themselves from the hood.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I get it... we all love rap (most dont even know what hip hop actually is or care for that matter). That dont mean we gotta cape for it at every turn. As a young dude, I had numerous arguments, sometimes heated, capeing for bullshyt. So trust me, I get it.

Too many of us understimate the importance and impact of culture. Mainstream rap has shaped culture. We are all impacted by and subject to the influence of culture.

Kids dont want to be normal anymore. Boys wanna be thugs. Girls wanna be whores. Its either that or you are a lame. How do we benefit from 8 and 9 year olds twerking and/or singing every lyric to some gangbang or sex anthem?

I see multiple people referring to parenting and personal responsibility. And there is undeniable truth there. However its also true that we all defy our parents at some point and once we get into our teens whats cool and our friends trumps our parents.

You as a parent can do your best raising your child. You are still sending them into a world where anti social, illegal, dangerous, ignorant shyt is what is considered cool. People shyt on Drake for being fake tough. But why is he putting on this act? Why has he become so huge while putting on this obvious act? Because regardless of what people say or try to spin it, its a necessity to be accepted and to achieve a certain level of success. Now sure you can point to Kendrick and Cole but they are stupid talented outliers. It aint a million new Dots and Coles out there. Meanwhile there is a new tatted, gangbangin, death selling nikka and his stripper counterpart becoming the new hotness every week. You can love something, and still call shyt what it is.
💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

Now, this breh deserves the big piece of chicken

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Because no one preached about “rock and roll CULTURE” like it’s some shyt to live by.

Ppl made hiphop more than music. They said it was our VOICE and it became a LIFESTYLE.

What is jazz culture? R&B culture? Pop (music) culture?

You have rap- the music, the art form, and Hiphop- the “culture”.

Yea ppl want to assess what it has done for the culture because it has such a stronghold on our people.
You have athletes who try to emulate Hiphop artists and what they rap about.

Y’all blame young girls and say boys crash out because they want to impress them. NO. They are crashing out to impress other guys and live up to the images pushed in HIPHOP
So what was nikkas crashing out to before this? Look shorty. I'm from East NY Brooklyn. I REMEMBER what the hood used to look like before hip hop turned "gangster". Do u? There's nikkas who u look up to right now who would be prolly dead or in jail without Hip Hop.