Honorable Dr. Umar: "Hip Hop hasnt done shyt for community in 50 years!!"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What hip-hop has ultimately done is absolutely DESTROY the image and reputation of the black man & woman worldwide.

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black man to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers..... basically "dusties".

Hip-hop/rap music has reduced the image of the black woman to oversexualized, ratchet , masculine thots.

Hip-hop has turned into a modern day Minstrel Show that continues to broadcast the worse stereotypes of black people to a worldwide audience affecting ALL OF US.

Hip-hop is one of the absolute WORSE things to ever happen to black people as a collective.

C. Delores Tucker was right all along.
Yea hip hop destroyed our image and not the fukkin racist crackas who been controlling the media for decades across the world since before hip hop existed. C Delores Tucker was bout bread just like alotta these muthafukkas yall praise. Along with Dr Umar. The community was worse off before hip hop came along and became another outlet to get nikkas off the block.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Hiphop ain’t done shyt in 50 years.. it made individuals rich and got a couple people jobs.. ain’t that doing something?:jbhmm: Lot of people whether on the mic or behind the scenes benefitted and some trickle down definitely happened. He wanted to go viral and got that though so :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
So I guess the money that folks made from hip-hop to give back to the under privileged communities they came from don’t count huh?

Or the jobs that were created from the different opportunities that hip-hop artists created on their different ventures don’t count either huh?

Umar is just another loudmouth swindler.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Are we talking about crack, heroine or rap?
I get his overall point after listening to the whole clip. Podcast bruh got scared cause dude was screaming and he couldn’t articulate any points lol. Getting people out of bad situations and into better situations is doing something. And them people giving back to people who aren’t as gifted as them on the mic is doing something. People would be ok with somebody saying “college gets you a good job” if somebody asked what has college done for black people in 50 years. Well everybody didn’t go to college, like how everybody didn’t tangibly benefit from hiphop. I mean I was on my Africa medallion and Malcolm X cap shyt as a little kid because of hiphop.. well the shyt changed up and I hate that shyt still. I get what he’s saying but hiphop has helped in ways that people don’t talk about.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
You can tell dude definitely listens to a LOT of rap based on his comments about the importance of drug dealers in the hood. Where does that idea come from :jbhmm:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Daps
I get his overall point after listening to the whole clip. Podcast bruh got scared cause dude was screaming and he couldn’t articulate any points lol. Getting people out of bad situations and into better situations is doing something. And them people giving back to people who aren’t as gifted as them on the mic is doing something. People would be ok with somebody saying “college gets you a good job” if somebody asked what has college done for black people in 50 years. Well everybody didn’t go to college, like how everybody didn’t tangibly benefit from hiphop. I mean I was on my Africa medallion and Malcolm X cap shyt as a little kid because of hiphop.. well the shyt changed up and I hate that shyt still. I get what he’s saying but hiphop has helped in ways that people don’t talk about.

Are you ready to quantify the amount of people whose trajectories were changed (death, drug addiction, jail, hardship etc) due to the messaging in the music?

Do you think it beats out the .005 that “make it” and end up in the position to help a couple of people?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When hip-hop chose gangster rap over the conscience stuff in the early 90s, it was a wrap for the genre being a positive influence in the black community. It promoted ignorance, promiscuity, capitalism, violence towards other black folks, excessive drug usage, etc.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
When hip-hop chose gangster rap over the conscience stuff in the early 90s, it was a wrap for the genre being a positive influence in the black community. It promoted ignorance, promiscuity, capitalism, violence towards other black folks, excessive drug usage, etc.

I think this needs more clarity here.

"hip-hop"/ the culture are nebulus terms that can mean 1000 things to 1000 different people.

hip-hop engaging in the promotion of gangsterism seems like a business decision no?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this needs more clarity here.

"hip-hop"/ the culture are nebulus terms that can mean 1000 things to 1000 different people.

hip-hop engaging in the promotion of gangsterism seems like a business decision no?
I don't know. White folks loved NWA but they also love Public Enemy so both made money. But the question would be why we made the shift.