Honest Conversations About “BLACK JOBS”: Are We Competing with Immigrants for Jobs in 2024?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been doing it forever.
The Dixiecrats hated black folks, and the Democrats still hate black folks.

Every new group that pops up trying to "cater" to black folks should be investigated critically.
When "Black Lives Matters" came through and stole in the name of dead black folks, everybody should have realized you can't trust political groups anymore.

Is there a political group that likes black folks?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
These once prominent black neighborhoods from NY, Chicago, LA, Detroit, New Orleans,,etc etc have become or becoming immigrants neighborhoods now and they building their own shyt and what we do as black people, run behind white people to their neighborhoods where they really don’t want us ..

We just can’t stay in our own neighborhoods and work together for the betterment of our communities and work together to keep not only immigrants from coming in, but also keep these city leaders from keeping dropping off sexual predators, drug addicts off in our neighborhoods…

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reality is what Trump said is correct and you can't out one side of your neck talk about how oppressed we are and then out the other one act like what he said was off base.
If another Presidential candidate came out and said he would give black voters direct tangibles on day one of his administration. These c00ns would still vote Democrat. They're too far gone at this point for rehabilitation.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM MOST CERTAINLY TEAM DEMOCRAT/BIDEN 2024 AND TRUMP NEEDS TO LOSE THE ELECTION AND GO TO JAIL.

Now…

As much as we hated what Trump said…was he totally wrong?

Dr. Claude Anderson warned us DECADES ago that immigration was going to negatively affect Black Americans more than anyone else. We get moved further down the ladder when other racial groups arrive/increase in number. Not to mention Latinos and Asians will always stick together and put each other before us.

What percentage of us are educated/ skilled laborers? What is our average salary compared to that of other groups? What are we doing to improve those numbers?

Honestly, watch the entire stream:

First 10min:

Many of the jobs Trump was referring to are jobs that our elders/ancestors had. Then Latinos took over those jobs. Jobs that many of us currently have.

They said ~45% of us are in the service industry. THOSE ARE THE JOBS TRUMP WAS REFERRING TO.

What are we doing to increase our numbers in the fields that require more skills?

Everyone having 6 certs and making 6 figures is a running joke on The Coli, but if we’re being real, we know what majority of the community is making and the careers that majority of the community are in.

This goes beyond the presidency (AGAIN- Biden/anyone but Trump 2024):

What are we doing in our homes, in our neighborhoods, in our churches, etc to steer the community in a better direction?

I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that Black folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

We are at the bottom of the economic ladder in this nation (hell, the world), but where are the serious conversations?

Even up to a year or so ago we were talking about how Black people in America (all ethnicities combined) will have collective wealth of $0 by 2050. I believe that stat improved a bit, but we’re still at the bottom.
Hispanics have passed us in homeownership.

These people are fighting to get over here and they are going to huddle up, pool their money together and do everything in their power to surpass us. And they don’t care about the history of this country and what we are owed.

We are in an economic war, but it seems like we are the only group that doesn’t realize it.

And if Trump gets in and Project 2025 really takes off?

We need to be circling the wagons NOOOOOW!

I have to admit I have a bit of a skewed perception because I live in a very nice are with a large percentage of successful BP. I know DC is not the rest of the country.

I also employee mostly Blk & Latino men.

I would say no. Latinos usually stick to hard labor jobs especially outdoors, and even when they transition out of that, they mostly roll into management or ownership of those said jobs.

Blk people will do manual labor but nowhere near the extent that Latinos will. There is some bleed over but for the most part most Blk people will be in somebody's office before you see them doing roofing, lawn care etc outside in mass.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM MOST CERTAINLY TEAM DEMOCRAT/BIDEN 2024 AND TRUMP NEEDS TO LOSE THE ELECTION AND GO TO JAIL.

Now…

As much as we hated what Trump said…was he totally wrong?

Dr. Claude Anderson warned us DECADES ago that immigration was going to negatively affect Black Americans more than anyone else. We get moved further down the ladder when other racial groups arrive/increase in number. Not to mention Latinos and Asians will always stick together and put each other before us.

What percentage of us are educated/ skilled laborers? What is our average salary compared to that of other groups? What are we doing to improve those numbers?

Honestly, watch the entire stream:

First 10min:

Many of the jobs Trump was referring to are jobs that our elders/ancestors had. Then Latinos took over those jobs. Jobs that many of us currently have.

They said ~45% of us are in the service industry. THOSE ARE THE JOBS TRUMP WAS REFERRING TO.

What are we doing to increase our numbers in the fields that require more skills?

Everyone having 6 certs and making 6 figures is a running joke on The Coli, but if we’re being real, we know what majority of the community is making and the careers that majority of the community are in.

This goes beyond the presidency (AGAIN- Biden/anyone but Trump 2024):

What are we doing in our homes, in our neighborhoods, in our churches, etc to steer the community in a better direction?

I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that Black folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

We are at the bottom of the economic ladder in this nation (hell, the world), but where are the serious conversations?

Even up to a year or so ago we were talking about how Black people in America (all ethnicities combined) will have collective wealth of $0 by 2050. I believe that stat improved a bit, but we’re still at the bottom.
Hispanics have passed us in homeownership.

These people are fighting to get over here and they are going to huddle up, pool their money together and do everything in their power to surpass us. And they don’t care about the history of this country and what we are owed.

We are in an economic war, but it seems like we are the only group that doesn’t realize it.

And if Trump gets in and Project 2025 really takes off?

We need to be circling the wagons NOOOOOW!

You're an idiot.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
These once prominent black neighborhoods from NY, Chicago, LA, Detroit, New Orleans,,etc etc have become or becoming immigrants neighborhoods now and they building their own shyt and what we do as black people, run behind white people to their neighborhoods where they really don’t want us ..

We just can’t stay in our own neighborhoods and work together for the betterment of our communities and work together to keep not only immigrants from coming in, but also keep these city leaders from keeping dropping off sexual predators, drug addicts off in our neighborhoods…
That’s basically what I’m getting at.
When new groups come here, OUR neighborhoods, jobs, etc are the spaces they enter.
And I’m all for people making moves legally and finding a place in a new land, but this is a real concern.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I mean- I completely feel you, but that is part of my argument.

WHHHHHHHY are we still in some of these jobs and not focused on job creation? It shouldn’t be the fear of immigration in 2020/2024/2025 that makes us get concerned about job creation again. Why aren’t we currently using these jobs as a ladder to job creation?
We off that right now, we gon side hustle are way to millions:youngsabo:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Agree there. My sister and I were pretty much groomed for a white collar job but then again my parents were both in tech. Pretty rare in Black households.

The "Black jobs" are generally other industries and I'm concerned about US getting pushed out.
EXACTLY! That was my only point.

Most of us aren’t in these higher paying, potentially more secure fields. We can be pushed out of the jobs we’re in now.

If majority of us were accountants, teachers, in tech, nurses, doctors, engineers, plumbers, truckers, dentists, dental hygienists, radiology technicians, etc— we’d be just fine because we’d be at least solidly middle class or better as a community. Everything I listed doesn’t require a bachelor’s or greater- and there are more fields that many of us can enter to achieve solid middle class standing.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That horse left the barn a long time ago. At least since the 70s.

I don't expect Black folks to come together like Voltron anytime soon, but trying to send Miguel back to El Salvador just so that Black people can once again mow white people's lawns, nurse their children, and cook their food is hustling backwards.
I’m not saying to send them back. And I’m not saying we should want those jobs.

I’m asking WHY aren’t we in a better position at this point so these politicians can’t use that shyt as a talking point? Because the truth is many of us are still in those/similar jobs.

Hell, a bunch of young men getting into trucking and hvac RIGHT NOW would create a crucial change in the community in less than a generation just because of the stability that would bring.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
:russ::russ: But see, you feel me. Cuz that’s what a lot of ppl be on Lol
I get it and support it and live it myself but the mindset behind it got ALOT of people twisted..

Unless you have a inheritance or nest egg already, your Job that many people look down on will be what fuel$ your business in the beginning and those skills you develop in your job will be what helps you, maybe your contacts will also.

People dont realize in them first few years you biz needs ca$h infusion and if you tryna live off the income it will be difficult to fund growth, plus depending on industry you might not get anything out til it gets its legs. Plus EVERYONE aint gonna be a business owner and that is fine also. Social media got peoples minds warped and I see it in the younger generations especially.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean if you just search for occupations where black people are overrepresented and occupations where hispanics are overrepresented you'll see that we don't really work the same jobs.

SR_23.08.31_BlackWorkers_1.png

hhm-v5-blog-occupations.png

And hispanics have been working in food production and maintenance since the early 1900s, so the idea that they're taking jobs that used to be black back in the day isn't really true either. If anyone's concerned about how this election will affect the black working class jobs, just know that the largest employer of black people is the public sector, especially on the federal level, and Trump has stated many times that he wants to permanently reduce the size of the federal workforce.

Their kids and grand kids will have half of those jobs in 20 to 30 years. It’s a language barrier issue for the most part… But jobs dealing with infrastructure and construction are heavily populated with immigrants. Those are skilled jobs that blacks used to have, not any more