Honest Conversations About “BLACK JOBS”: Are We Competing with Immigrants for Jobs in 2024?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I literally can't think of a single person who has lost a job to an immigrant and neither can anyone in here. It's why all folks can do is post blogs and links and videos. Somehow someway not a single real world example ever makes it into the conversation.

That’s because you don’t know any working class black people

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You typed all that and didn't realize Trump was insulting you when he said black jobs and now got you trying to beef with third world mud hut living fruit pickers over jobs that pay nothing? :dahell:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@Gloxina
Good questions, wrong place to ask.
LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT I AM MOST CERTAINLY TEAM DEMOCRAT/BIDEN 2024 AND TRUMP NEEDS TO LOSE THE ELECTION AND GO TO JAIL.

Now…

As much as we hated what Trump said…was he totally wrong?

Dr. Claude Anderson warned us DECADES ago that immigration was going to negatively affect Black Americans more than anyone else. We get moved further down the ladder when other racial groups arrive/increase in number. Not to mention Latinos and Asians will always stick together and put each other before us.

What percentage of us are educated/ skilled laborers? What is our average salary compared to that of other groups? What are we doing to improve those numbers?

Many of the jobs Trump was referring to are jobs that our elders/ancestors had. Then Latinos took over those jobs. Jobs that many of us currently have.

They said ~45% of us are in the service industry. THOSE ARE THE JOBS TRUMP WAS REFERRING TO.

What are we doing to increase our numbers in the fields that require more skills?
:

What are we doing in our homes, in our neighborhoods, in our churches, etc to steer the community in a better direction?

I actually heard a YouTuber mention today how Black people are the only group all over social media discussing nothing but relationship issues/ 50-50. Not that other groups don’t have these convos, but that this is the MAIN thing being discussed by Black people across the diaspora on social media. He mentioned how the “balloon show” has spread across the internet, but it was another relationship show/ topic that Black folks made viral again, and how it seems like we aren’t tired of the relationship topic. 50/50, “settling”, rating each other’s looks, etc.

We are at the bottom of the economic ladder in this nation (hell, the world), but where are the serious conversations?
The conversations are taking place among serious people. Offline. Youtube/Social media is primarily for entertainment. And is based on generating traffic and views, not solution based discussions.

In the real world, Black people are funding and running STEM camps, academic enrichment programs, training apprenticeships for youngsters so that when they come of age, they are in better position to compete for and/or create jobs.

Black people are being bullied, violated, and exploited across the globe, as you pointed out.
Perhaps because of that reality, people find comfort in echo chambers online where they can revert to teens and shuck & jive 24/7. Coping mechanism.

Tune out all that noise. Get with like minded Black people in real life and support existing organizations that are trying to prepare the youth.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Gloxina
Good questions, wrong place to ask.

The conversations are taking place among serious people. Offline. Youtube/Social media is primarily for entertainment. And is based on generating traffic and views, not solution based discussions.

In the real world, Black people are funding and running STEM camps, academic enrichment programs, training apprenticeships for youngsters so that when they come of age, they are in better position to compete for and/or create jobs.

Black people are being bullied, violated, and exploited across the globe, as you pointed out.
Perhaps because of that reality, people find comfort in echo chambers online where they can revert to teens and shuck & jive 24/7. Coping mechanism.

Tune out all that noise. Get with like minded Black people in real life and support existing organizations that are trying to prepare the youth.

:mjlol:

This nikka here…. One of the main bougie blacks that despise poor blacks and think that wayward black youth are irredeemable…. Your opinion on this matter is irrelevant…. We can probably do a search on this forum where you have posted and discussed serious topics, but now all of a sudden the OP should only talk about this offline…. :childplease:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
They already outnumber us.

But the reality is they have let so many immigrants in the last 3 1/2 years that 20 years from now when these people have kids their numbers will be outrageous and black folks are going to be the last option when it comes to jobs. Your kids and grandkids are going to really feel it and they will probably hate you for it.

This was the plan by the Democrats from the beginning. To not have to care about what black people say or think in future elections.

The Boule have sold black people out so bad, and they don't care because they think they have their money. They will never try to work for the betterment of black people as a whole.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
That horse left the barn a long time ago. At least since the 70s.

I don't expect Black folks to come together like Voltron anytime soon, but trying to send Miguel back to El Salvador just so that Black people can once again mow white people's lawns, nurse their children, and cook their food is hustling backwards.

I work in landscapping for close to a decade now, the average American black or not ain’t trying to do this kind of work.

And immigrants who do these jobs either sending money back home or stacking so their kid don’t have to be up at the ass crack of dawn to mow grass for $80 a lawn

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have to admit I have a bit of a skewed perception because I live in a very nice are with a large percentage of successful BP. I know DC is not the rest of the country.

I also employee mostly Blk & Latino men.

I would say no. Latinos usually stick to hard labor jobs especially outdoors, and even when they transition out of that, they mostly roll into management or ownership of those said jobs.

Blk people will do manual labor but nowhere near the extent that Latinos will. There is some bleed over but for the most part most Blk people will be in somebody's office before you see them doing roofing, lawn care etc outside in mass.
They undercut Blacks out of those industries. If the illegals weren't there to take pennies, SOMEBODY would have to be paid real wages to do this stuff, and that's where Black people would come in. They also get into management and hire only their own, further pushing Black s out.
That’s basically what I’m getting at.
When new groups come here, OUR neighborhoods, jobs, etc are the spaces they enter.
And I’m all for people making moves legally and finding a place in a new land, but this is a real concern.

EXACTLY! That was my only point.

Most of us aren’t in these higher paying, potentially more secure fields. We can be pushed out of the jobs we’re in now.

If majority of us were accountants, teachers, in tech, nurses, doctors, engineers, plumbers, truckers, dentists, dental hygienists, radiology technicians, etc— we’d be just fine because we’d be at least solidly middle class or better as a community. Everything I listed doesn’t require a bachelor’s or greater- and there are more fields that many of us can enter to achieve solid middle class standing.
Yet you refuse to even act like you won't vote Dem to demand better. These imported immigrants' kids will end up leapfrogging yours and this is when it was set in motion. They're being handheld and set up for success while the average Black child is playing on All Madden.

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Here I thought Black jobs were jobs occupied by Black folks. But no, there's jobs specifically for Black people:patrice:wasn't Jim Crow all about that?

This convo about championing segregation is sus considering SCOTUS is going to strike down Brown v. in the next two years couple of years.

I don't think there's ever been an oppressed group of people who wished to return to said oppression a few generations later.....maybe India did it with the brits, idk.