Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been hearing good things about this show, but considering how Netflix works, plus these strikes, I don't see how this is worth the time.

Even if this show gets 4-5 seasons, that's only what? No more than 2% of the One Piece story?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I've been hearing good things about this show, but considering how Netflix works, plus these strikes, I don't see how this is worth the time.

Even if this show gets 4-5 seasons, that's only what? No more than 2% of the One Piece story?
I wouldn't be surprised if they skip around a bit
I still don't know how they'll do
Gear 5
if they ever get to that point

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
This shyt is the truth. They managed to keep the overall spirit and charm of the show while changing up some components in order to better fit the pacing and story they’re telling. :wow:

When Zoro put hands, feet and swords on Number 7. :wow:

I’m gonna continue this shyt throughout the week, but I hope they go at least until either Water 7 or Marineford. :blessed:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

If this show gets 4 seasons, they can definitely make it to the halfway point of the story so far.
The Marineford Arc

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
as a huge bebop fan bebop was trash. only good casting was Mustafa as Jet.
I liked Jon Cho and some of the villains they hit on too. :yeshrug:
Vicious and Julia being the main focus and doing musical numbers was wild flagrant don't know what dude is talking about :mjlol:
Did that happen I don’t remember :mjgrin:
Bebop was garbage. :camby:
I Can understand some people not feeling it but there was some racism in why people was mad mixed with the usual anime fan bytching. It wasn’t bad to the point where it was cancel after one season. They got influenced by an insatiable fan base. I refuse to believe corny ass one piece of all things is the time they “finally” got it right.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I liked Jon Cho and some of the villains they hit on too. :yeshrug:

Did that happen I don’t remember :mjgrin:

I Can understand some people not feeling it but there was some racism in why people was mad mixed with the usual anime fan bytching. It wasn’t bad to the point where it was cancel after one season. They got influenced by an insatiable fan base. I refuse to believe corny ass one piece of all things is the time they “finally” got it right.
One Piece has the creator directly involved. Maybe if a Samurai Champloo live action is made Watanabe will demand involvement like the GOAT Oda :salute:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Show is fukking fire. Should be the map for any manga-adaption. The Japanese dub with the OG voice cast is brilliant

fukk it. The guy playing Luffy is :salute: I didn't think he looked the part but he's nailed it. Man is a mentalist :russ:
The only thing he didn’t nail well was the stern face and walk at Arlong Park.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Show got me over here looking at clips of the anime and seeing how close it is to the anime :snoop:

Me watching the anime is getting closer to a reality :francis:

They really did a lot of justice to everything and captured the vibes perfect. But the high-points from the anime got more build up, so they're damn near impossible to top.

Mihawk Duel was straight up perfect though

Lambent55

All Star
Daps

There are a lot of things that can be cut down in the one piece story. These 8 episodes covered around 96 of the chapters, and they could have squeezed more in there if the didn't o the Garp/Coby story line,

Some of the One Piece fights can go on for 20+ chapters, if they cut that down to a 10min fight in an episode...