Hollywood is Making a Live-Action ‘One Piece’ TV Show

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The anime never appealed to me.

I have spoiled the whole thing for myself by watching YT recaps but I could bring myself to sit down and watch it.

But this right here is the first series of any type in a long time that I was compelled to keep watching.

I still feel like I wouldn't like the anime as much, but I am on board for the live action version.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I’m honestly surprised by how well this has been adapted.

If they’re doing future seasons, it is easy to fit 20-30 episodes of the anime in one hour because the anime has a ton of filler episodes…

I’m 100 episodes behind the anime in the Wano arc. So this is motivating me to catch up cause I know crazy shid is happening.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Is this good???:lupe:
HSsAaMj.jpg

Certified fresh.
The curse has been broken, breh :youngsabo:

Sir Jebbi

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I enjoyed this alot but Koby has the most punchable face.. Seriously fukk Koby. Why did the actor keep making that stupid face? I hate everytime Koby show up.

Buggy Actor >>>

Should of put more CGI into Luffy stretching abilities.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed this alot but Koby has the most punchable face.. Seriously fukk Koby. Why did the actor keep making that stupid face? I hate everytime Koby show up.

Buggy Actor >>>

Should of put more CGI into Luffy stretching abilities.
i watched like 36 seconds of the anime and Koby happened to be on screen. they went really literal with that character, i guess he always looks like he's about to shyt his pants. horrible character and honestly the only bad part of the season. the other guys in the Marines (btw, lol at their "Marines" hats) was a decent character. shoulda just rolled with him.

as far as stretching, it's a great powerset that will always look stupid. Marvel is gonna spend $300 mil on Mr. Fantastic alone, and it's still gonna look like shyt.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt :francis:

I can’t believe I’m about to say this…:snoop:

I’ve never watched 1 ep of One Piece.

But I think I may like this LA show:martin:

You good. I know a couple of folks who don't watch anime that really like it.

My brother only has knowledge of OP from the 4kids dub when we watched it as kids he thought it was trash back then but now He and his kids are almost done with the LA version hype as hell :dead:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You good. I know a couple of folks who don't watch anime that really like it.

My brother only has knowledge of OP from the 4kids dub when we watched it as kids he thought it was trash back then but now He and his kids are almost done with the LA version hype as hell :dead:

This shyt is good :snoop:

Probably one of the best anime adaptations I’ve seen thus far:snoop:

I hope my anime breh don’t see this post…..

Please keep this on the low and don’t tell my anime friends

I actually think I like the character Monkey D Luffy:francis:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Burned through it yesterday and this show is for one piece fans.

Overall it’s a okay series that manages to avoid a lot of the pitfalls of other shytty Netflix adaptions. The sets are amazing and really help to ground the world, that makes me forget it’s anime which is a good thing. Also I like what they did with the story, using Garp as the plot device for Coby and Helmeppo to tell the narrative of the Navy removes a lot of glut from their character development. Garp by far had the best fight scene, second is that Kuroubi pool dive scene. What they did with buggy was good too, using him to move along the Arlong arc was a good move and didn’t get old either.

That being said the manga fan service is annoying, the pauses and scene recreations just ruins the pace. For example the Nami asking for help scene, were these nikkas just waiting in the field for her? Overall it’s just indicative of over used anime tropes in film, you have a great chance to build and reinterpret that scene and it just looks corny. Speaking of corny Luffys actor is just fukkin overkill gum gum pose check, double fisted arms in the air check, overacting check. Casting wise it’s mostly fine but these actors are about to look like 90210 actors by Rougetown arc, especially sanji with his super glue crimson chin.

Is it bad, no, but I’m also somebody who doesn’t like just retelling the same story for just a different medium. It’s a 6/10

Oh yea could’ve done without Helmeppo cheeks. :scust:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is good :snoop:

Probably one of the best anime adaptations I’ve seen thus far:snoop:

I hope my anime breh don’t see this post…..

Please keep this on the low and don’t tell my anime friends

I actually think I like the character Monkey D Luffy
:francis:

:skip:

After 800 something eps. I don't even fukk with the anime anymore. Anime stans can try to kill me if they want I prefer this abridged version :yeshrug: